Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

feeding ideas

just looking for some new ideas to give my 12 month old for lunch and breakfast? I would like to switch it up, I feel like I always give her the same thing.

And any snack ideas.

Re: feeding ideas

• DS is 12.5m, and still nurses 3x/day. Breakfast is an assortment of fresh fruits (usually 3 different kinds), then a handful of plain cheerios, and WCM. I've tried multiple times to make scrambled eggs for him but it all went to the floor.  Sometimes I add a few pieces of string cheese onto his fruit plate.

Lunch is "grilled cheese". I bake my own whole wheat dinner rolls, slice in half, add a thick slice of cheese, then put in the toaster oven. Plus frozen peas or leftover veggies from the night before.  And a few slices of deli meat. Once in a blue moon I will make him French toast. More fruit afterwards.

Snack is always a couple tablespoons of plain full fat Greek yogurt, and a handful of cheerios.  I've tried giving him hummus but it is a hit or miss..
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This has become increasingly challenging in our household. Our DD used to scarf up a scrambled egg with cheese and toast, but not so much now. I still have some luck with feeding her yogurt, or sometimes i can get her to eat cottage cheese with cut up pieces of fruit in it. also, i just tried "super food pancakes" which ingredients included ground up whole oats, whole wheat flour, and berries. That is all that i have been able to feed her these days. If it isn't carbs, she is not interested it seems! 

Then, for lunch we can just forget it if it is not a grilled cheese sandwich or pastina with butter. I cringe with her diet these days. 

I am looking forward to others responses as I think we need help in this area as well. 
    And then there were three...

• Loading the player...
  • --- Breakfast ---
    Any combination of the following:  eggo waffles, pancakes, scrambled or hard boiled eggs, turkey bacon, cinnamon roll (without frosting), variety of fruits, apple sauce, yogurt, cheese slice, and/or oatmeal. 

--- Lunch or Dinner ---
    Frozen or fresh vegetables sauteed with a little bit of olive oil, pinch of salt, sometimes garlic, or I'll add some alfredo sauce to it.  Some of the favorite veggies are fresh beets, frozen butternut squash, snap peas.  Corn on the cob is one of his favorites.  Chicken nuggets, Chicken mini corn dogs... or any type of pasta.  I try to serve pasta only once in a while since that is all he would eat if he could.  I serve it with tomato sauce or with ricotta cheese and spinach.  Spinach ravioli is also a hit. Cheese tortelini is also a favorite.  Rice, beans, chicken.. For the most part he'll eat what we eat.

-- Snack --
    Apple sauce, cottage cheese, fruit, yogurt.
    Fruit smoothies made with coconut milk or regular milk.

As of late he has been pickier, so I often offer veggies first, then show him the food he really likes next.

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • y 12 month old is a great eater in general but does get bored with foods after a while...

lately she is loving a corn and black bean mix.. either lunch or dinner and then she has chicken or pork with it.  I steam her sweet potatoes and give her cubes or sticks to feed herself

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• DS loves hummus so we do that with chips or even on whole wheat wrap with cucumbers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"