Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Getting Frustrated

So, it happened again.  I went in for my 11wk scan and the heart had stopped no more than two days prior based on growth.  I had another d&c that evening.  I was really hoping to never have to do this again, yet here I am.  We had called it quits on TTC and I was on BCP (never missed a dose) and somehow I still end up here.  Everything was going great and then just like the others the heart just stops for no [known] reason.  I've been through so much testing and everything always comes back normal.  This time I was even on extra progesterone (because I tend to spot), it made me so sick but I had almost no spotting so I started thinking maybe this could help.  Maybe this wasn't doomed.  But clearly I was wrong. 

After the surprise of that pregnancy h and I realized we're not as ready to give up as we thought.  So we're hoping to keep trying, but with absolutely no idea why this keeps happening I'm just really frustrated with it all.  I get that flukes happen.  But to have no explanation for 6 of my 7 losses is a little excessive to all be flukes.  There's obviously something going on and my MFM and OB are both at a loss and it's so hard to not just scream. 

I keep hoping it's just something weird that once it's discovered it will be able to be corrected and everything will be fine.  But I've been tested for so many things I don't even know what could be left to test for.  Though I do go in next week because my MFM wants to test me for some things that, in his words, "couldn't hurt so why not?"  I'm sick of always being a puzzle and things not just being obvious. 

Ugh.  I'm sad, yeah, it sucks.  But I'm more just frustrated that this keeps happening no matter what I do and no one can give me any answers why.  I'm feeling completely defeated today.  But there's nothing I can do so I'm going to suck it up, drink a bunch, and attempt to bake.  Here's to hoping I don't burn the place down. lol
Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.

Re: Getting Frustrated

• Options
    im so sorry! it just sucks! I really hope you can get some answers. thinking of you
  • Options
     I'm so sorry...

I hear ya about the frustration. While I have not been through as many m/c as you, I am so frustrated right now because we started TTC in Jan, here it is end of November, two pregnancies later and we are where we were a year ago.

I know many have been through MUCH longer and more but frustration is my primary emotion right now, 3 days out from this m/c
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
     I'm so sorry...

I hear ya about the frustration. While I have not been through as many m/c as you, I am so frustrated right now because we started TTC in Jan, here it is end of November, two pregnancies later and we are where we were a year ago.

I know many have been through MUCH longer and more but frustration is my primary emotion right now, 3 days out from this m/c
    I don't think the number of losses makes too much difference in how this feels.  It sucks no matter how many times it happens and I'm just as frustrated now I was the first time they told me they didn't know why it happened. 

I'm sorry you're having to go through this, too.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your losses. I feel your pain as I am currently experiencing my 4th m/c right now. The first was no heartbeat and I had a D&C, the second was a natural m/c because I started bleeding at 8 weeks, the third was ectopic and this one was a chemical pregnancy. I too have been through a bunch of testing and get so frustrated that things look "normal" and yet this keeps happening. I hope we both get some answers because the whole, " well at least you know you can get pregnant" thing makes me want to slap people. Hugs to you!

BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11
    BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12   BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate) HSG 6/13-all clear BFP#4 11/18/13 natural m/c on 11/23  IVF #1 (Natural IVF Cycle) May 2014- Cycle failed (embryo did not make it to blast) BFP#5-7/26/14 GROW BABY GROW    IT'S A BOY DUE 4/5/15!

• Options
    I am so sorry for your losses. I will keep you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 10/5/13 MMC 11/13/13 D&C 11/15/13
    BFP #2 5/14/14 EDD 1/19/15 Beta 1: 728 Beta 2: 1858 We have a heartbeat! 166 @ 7w3d  Please be our RAINBOW!
    Baby G is a BOY!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"