2nd Trimester
Options

Maternity Underwear?

What kind do you get?  I haven't seen any marketed for maternity do you just buy the high cuts?  They just remind me of my grandmother lol.  As my belly is growing it's starting to push my regular bikinis down :(

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Maternity Underwear?

• Options
    I didn't buy maternity panties with my last pregnancy, and don't plan to this one. I just wear my regular undies under my belly, and had not issues!
    DD #1 born @ 38 weeks 11/1/10
    BFP #2 Jan 2013 - MMC found at 11 wks, measured 8w2d.
    BFP #3 August 30, 3013, EDD 5/7/14
  • Options
    I have honestly never heard of anyone buying special underwear for pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've seen Hanky Panky thongs in maternity but no other kinds. The first time around, in the last month, nothing fit, so I bought an 8-pack of Hanes from Target. If i ruined them postpartum, i figred no biggie. I would even wear them recently when AF would show up. :)
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I went TO motherhood maternity and got a few thongs and boy cuts. Soo comfy bc my current underwear is tight and cutting off my fat on my hips haha. But for when baby comes with all the bleeding afterwards I went and got cheapo granny panty Hanes bc you don't want anything to touch your csection scar if you have one so I would pull them up high. Attractive? No but you don't care when you bleed for 9 weeks. I wasn't going to ruin my nice underwear.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    I went and got granny panties from Hanes. I'd rather be comfortable than fashionable at this point.  I figure they're cheap enough to just throw away once I don't need them anymore.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mcgeeva said:

I went TO motherhood maternity and got a few thongs and boy cuts. Soo comfy bc my current underwear is tight and cutting off my fat on my hips haha. But for when baby comes with all the bleeding afterwards I went and got cheapo granny panty Hanes bc you don't want anything to touch your csection scar if you have one so I would pull them up high. Attractive? No but you don't care when you bleed for 9 weeks. I wasn't going to ruin my nice underwear.

Definitely this. I was also able to wear low cut panties from VS throughout pregnancy.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    You can buy maternity underwear, but they're super overpriced (like most maternity stuff).  I just wore my usual Hanky Panky thongs; they're one size fits all, so they worked well throughout my pregnancy.  They also make boy shorts if you don't like thongs (although I find their thongs more comfy than "normal" underwear).  You can find HP knockoff brands at Victoria's Secret.
  • Options
    I never had trouble with regular underwear - maybe try a different style that's more low cut?  I personally can't stand anything that comes up on my belly but your mileage may vary on that ;)
  • Options
    I bought the Gap stretch cotton bikini and I love them! None of my other undies are as comfortable so I'll definitely be buying some more of those. 
               72614 1
  • Options
    Eh my ass and hips grew some so my medium vs underwear and thongs the side wide bands are now rolling

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Tmi, but I just went commando about 5 months into my first pregnancy. Freedom! I couldn't stand scrunching the panty band under my bump.
  • Options
    Fold over tops from motherhood are amazing. They are like yoga pant tops..
  • Options
    Leftie22 said:
    I scoffed at the idea of maternity underwear until I tried them in my first pregnancy - holy comfort! Thyme makes some amazing ones with no elastic, that are low rise, so they go well beneath even a huge third trimester bump. They were also more generous in leaving material to cover your bum, which I appreciate! No gitch lines and nothing digging in anywhere. I'd highly recommend them. They lasted me into this pregnancy as well, so it was a good investment.
    ALL OF THIS!!!! I havent busted them out this time yet, but they're in the bedroom ready to go!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    When I was pregnant with DS and my underwear got uncomfortable, I bought a pack of ginormous Fruit of the Loom granny briefs and rocked those bitches all the way from late 2nd tri through 11 weeks of postpartum bleeding. They were fugly and so big a child could've used them as a parachute, but I didn't care. I was comfortable and that was all that mattered.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    I wore my usual underwear the whole time.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    JenBon727 said:

Tmi, but I just went commando about 5 months into my first pregnancy. Freedom! I couldn't stand scrunching the panty band under my bump.

This would never happen! I had to wear a panty liners for half my pregnancy due to leaking anio
    JenBon727 said:

I would love to know how this works?! I could never do this! I sneeze I pee...I need all the protection I can get from my underwear. And last pregnancy I was leakig amniotic fluid so I have to wear panty lines half my pregnancy.

• Options
    I did not buy maternity underwear (I have heard they are pretty uncomfortable).  I bought the Hanes/Fruit of the Loom briefs from Target in a larger size.
    surprise BFP 7/12/05 = missed m/c and D&C 9/28/05; TTC since 10/06; 1/16/08-D&C to remove bicournate uterus; 4 IUI's = BFN, 2 IVF's = BFFN. 8/5/09 Surprise BFP!! = another missed m/c and d&c 9/28/09 IVF #3 May 2010 = BFP!!!!  Beautiful DD born 1/16/2012.  8/1/13 Surprise BFP!!!  EDD 4/13/14.
  • Options
    Leftie22 said:
    I scoffed at the idea of maternity underwear until I tried them in my first pregnancy - holy comfort! Thyme makes some amazing ones with no elastic, that are low rise, so they go well beneath even a huge third trimester bump. They were also more generous in leaving material to cover your bum, which I appreciate! No gitch lines and nothing digging in anywhere. I'd highly recommend them. They lasted me into this pregnancy as well, so it was a good investment.
    This totally! I never would have bought them for myself but my Mom actually got them from a Thyme outlet on sale at Christmas (apparently they were only selling the multi packs for the holidays). I LOVE love love them and have worn them ever since. That and my mat jeans are the best maternity wear pieces I have ever had.
    Tristan Phillip - 2 wks
  • Options
    I just bought 5 new pairs of gap regular cotton stretch underwear and they're the best! I'm going to have to get more ASAP!
  • Options
    mcgeeva said:

JenBon727 said:

This would never happen! I had to wear a panty liners for half my pregnancy due to leaking anio
    JenBon727 said:

I would love to know how this works?! I could never do this! I sneeze I pee...I need all the protection I can get from my underwear. And last pregnancy I was leakig amniotic fluid so I have to wear panty lines half my pregnancy.
    We'll that was with my first pregnancy...I may have to give into granny panties this time around. My bladder isn't too weak YET; it will be a different story in a few weeks.
  • Options
    I don't intend on buying maternity undies.  They seem kinda pointless to me.  I'm stickin' with my regular VS cheekinis and bikinis! :]  I might just get a few that are a size bigger though.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I never bought any with my first. My other ones fit me the whole way through.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"