Breastfeeding
Options

hydration ideas

I was sick the other week with the stomach bug and so my fluid intake was practically nil. Since then I feel like I haven't caught up and am still a little dehydrated. I've noticed my supply dropping, and really want to stop that. The problem is I hate drinking plain water unless it is icy icy cold. Even then I have problems drinking the amounts I know I need to (makes me sick to my stomach), and with colder weather here i am not wanting to drink super cold fluids. I would think tea is ok? I want to stay away from super sugary beverages if at all possible. All suggestions welcome.

Re: hydration ideas

• Options
    Mothers milk tea

• Options
    Any beverage besides alcohol will be more hydrating than dehydrating, except perhaps straight espresso. Tea (provided the variety you choose is bf safe, of course) is great. You can also add a small amount if juice to still or sparkling water. Iced tea, lemon juice or dilute lemonade are other options.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love sparking water (from Trader Joes) it was my go to when I was PG and couldn't have any additional sugars. 

When I had MS I drank a lot of red gatoraide (don't ask me why - it was the only thing that didn't make me sick).

I also like Poweraide Zero (I think that is what it is called) it is poweraide with no sugar.

Crystal Light is good. 

I like Diet Hanson's soda... 

Lots of options!

I was sick with a fever (for about 3 days) and a couple weeks before I felt better. My supply really suffered. What helped me most was pumping for 30 minutes after each feeding. Kelly Mom has some good advice.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    Love sparkling water with lemon or lime, water with cucumber slices, celestial seasons lemon zinger tea, mothers milk tea is good for supply but an acquired taste, coconut water (I like the orange or mango peach kind). I also like to mix cranberry juice with lime seltzer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"