Babies: 6 - 9 Months

6 month old whines/moans more than other babies

Hi,

My 6 month old whines a lot. Basically after she's been up for 30 - 60 minutes, she'll start whining/moaning pretty easily if I'm not entertaining her and if I don't give her a pacifier (she LOVES her pacifier). She'll do it at home, she'll do it in the stroller, in the baby carrier (I usually don't get 5 mins with this) and just wants to be held. If I don't respond, it escalates to a cry.

Any advice? I find it hard to take her places and it's really frustrating... makes it quite difficult to hang out with other moms and babies (who seem a lot more content to play independently than she will).

Thx!!

Re: 6 month old whines/moans more than other babies

• Well, first of all this shouldn't make it harder to hang out with other moms and babies.  Other moms and babies are the safest place to hang out with a baby.  Other moms understand.  No better place for a major poop explosion or major meltdown or anything baby related.  Sure they may feel 'HA, my babies better' or 'at least it's not MY baby this time' but...they understand!  So, get out with other moms!

Try not to let a fussy baby keep you from getting out.  If you never get out then you baby won't learn how to act in public.  It's rough, will be for some time coming but you'll get it all worked out.

Remember that we personally view our babies as being a lot fussier than the public does.  We have that personal connection that somehow makes us feel that if our baby is fussing then we are sucking at being a mom.  The rest of the world just tunes then out, has pity for us...and well, a select few grumble about it, but tough on them!

6 months is a rough months...baby's are fussy they see the world differently than previous months when they were just a lump being moved around.  Now they are overwhelmed with the newness and require closeness to be safe to soak it all in.  It will pass.  Do you best to give as much closeness as you can with little spurts of baby on their own (close by in stroller or on floor) time.

This too shall pass...before you know it baby will be running AWAY and refusing to be near you. 

• It's so very normal. Babies only know how to communicate using sounds. My DS whines when he's not being stimulated enough, wants out if the exersaucer, tired....it's just his way of telling me something's wrong.
  • Loading the player...
  • LO was like this at 6 months. It was constant. But has gotten better at 7 months as she's getting more independent in playing and exploring. Hang in there! She won't be a 6 Month Old Fuss Face forever! :)
  • =Lee=B said:

Well, first of all this shouldn't make it harder to hang out with other moms and babies.  Other moms and babies are the safest place to hang out with a baby.  Other moms understand.  No better place for a major poop explosion or major meltdown or anything baby related.  Sure they may feel 'HA, my babies better' or 'at least it's not MY baby this time' but...they understand!  So, get out with other moms!

Try not to let a fussy baby keep you from getting out.  If you never get out then you baby won't learn how to act in public.  It's rough, will be for some time coming but you'll get it all worked out.

Remember that we personally view our babies as being a lot fussier than the public does.  We have that personal connection that somehow makes us feel that if our baby is fussing then we are sucking at being a mom.  The rest of the world just tunes then out, has pity for us...and well, a select few grumble about it, but tough on them!

6 months is a rough months...baby's are fussy they see the world differently than previous months when they were just a lump being moved around.  Now they are overwhelmed with the newness and require closeness to be safe to soak it all in.  It will pass.  Do you best to give as much closeness as you can with little spurts of baby on their own (close by in stroller or on floor) time.

This too shall pass...before you know it baby will be running AWAY and refusing to be near you. 

This! I have remind myself this constantly!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I find it helps me to imagine what my baby is going through when she whines or cries. She's making those noises for a reason and is communicating that something is wrong. Plus, like another poster said, before I know it, my girl will be wanting to get away from me before I know it! You are her source of security and comfort, and right now she may need more than usual because of changes she's going through. She won't always be like this. For now, give her the comfort she needs and know it will pass, whether we like it or not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"