October 2013 Moms
Options

Do you sterilize every time?

I got a Madela manual pump today. My regular pump is super loud. The booklet says to sterilize all the pump parts after every single use (maybe every day, I can't remember now). With my Evenflo pump I sterilized everything before the first use, and since then I just wash everything with hot water and let it air dry. Do you guys sterilize your pump gear after every use?? I will gladly do it, I guess I didn't realize it was necessary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you sterilize every time?

• Options
    I don't, but I don't use it that often either.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• Options
    No, usually only sterilize whenever I happen to think about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This. Times 50.

• Options
    HFrizzle said:

I don't, but I don't use it that often either.

I use it once a day. Twice if little man is having a good napping day. I'm trying to get a little stash started for when I go back to work. The thing doesn't see much action over here either :)

• Options
    I pump 2x/day right now and just do soap & water.  My goal is to sterilize everything 1x/week, but I cant say I always remember.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FYI: I just read online that a Pyrex container with a lid, 3oz of water, 2 mins in the microwave sterilizes that shiz

• Options
    no way, i just washed in super hot soapy water (we had no dishwasher at the time, horror!) and then sterilized every once in awhile.

• Options
    I pump once a day most days.  I wash with hot water and use dapple baby dish washing soap and air dry.  

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

• Options
    I have not sterilized anything for this second baby. The first I did. Now I realize it doesn't really matter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I sterilized it the first time, then I just wash with hot soapy water.  And I keep the pumping pieces in a ziploc bag in the fridge in between cleanings, like the pp mentioned.  
  • Options
    I EP so def don't after each use...just run in dishwasher once a day. But I def don't think it's necessary...when LO was in the NiCU they just had me wash with dish soap...figured if this was their standard it must be ok.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Options
    I'm with pp. Sterilize to start but hot, soapy water anytime after. I EP and just wash after each use. Same for bottles

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm totally in the "Ain't nobody got time for that" camp.  

• Options
    Oh yeah, I usually put it in a ziplock and put it in the refrigerator during the day. I usually pump twice, early in the morning and late afternoon/early evening. So, in between those times I just put it in the fridge so I only have to wash it once. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    So glad i am not the only one not sterilizing constantly. I had So much mom got over this !

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    The medela quick steam clean bags are da bomb. I usually was everything with soap and water or rub through the dishwasher then pop then in the steam bags in the microwave and let air dry.
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    No, just hot water and soap.
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"