June 2011 Moms

Thanksgiving ideas to announce your pregnancy?

Can you ladies help with any cute ideas in ways to tell the family that your expecting?

I googled somethings I really came up with nothing and anything that I did find was not creative enough. 

I am wondering if any of you plan on doing this and what you have in mind. If not I welcome any ideas on how to announce it. Smile

TIA Girls!

Re: Thanksgiving ideas to announce your pregnancy?

• We went to the Green Bay Packers game on Sunday and made a sign that said "Our Baby's First Packer Game" with an arrow pointing to my belly.  We had someone take a pic with our back to the field, i am planning on printing it out and framing it to give to my dad.
  • Since we are going to my fiance's parents house for Thanksgiving, I think we will bring a harvest basket with a framed picture of the ultrasound in it. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • With DS, we announced at Christmas time.  We wrapped up little booties that read "Baby's First Christmas" and gave them to our mothers.   

Maybe you could find a little turkey bib or something like that to wrap up and surprise your family with after dinner  :)

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • I am going to wear this shirt I found on Etsy (my HOPE is that I can keep my mouth shut until T-Day to my extended family)

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/36051001 

• Since it's a holiday, you could do the whole family picture, where you get ready to snap it and tell everyone you're pregnant. I also wished I could do that, but I never announced at a holiday, and my family would be suspicious if I just asked everyone to get in a family photo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure where my husband heard this, but this is a cute idea:

Have everyone gather for a group picture, and your husband will take the picture.  He says, "Ok, on the count of three, everyone say 'PinkPersian's pregnant!"  Then he takes the picture of everyone's reactions when they figure it out!  Or video would be even better.

I'm going to show up wearing this:

https://www.customizedgirl.com/modifydesign/67945f6e1cdb6f44d1f425251cf29f62_1226241

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're going ask DS what are you going to be and hopefully he'll reply big brother.   Or as he says it "budder.  beeeeeg budder"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMelissa2216:

I'm not sure where my husband heard this, but this is a cute idea:

Have everyone gather for a group picture, and your husband will take the picture.  He says, "Ok, on the count of three, everyone say 'PinkPersian's pregnant!"  Then he takes the picture of everyone's reactions when they figure it out!  Or video would be even better.

Ooooh!  I love this idea!  I might have to steal it  lol 

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • I like something along the lines of "our little pumpkin"  Thinking of using it myself, but not sure how. 
  • These ideas are all really cute. I have to ponder them all.

The picture and the shirt.

The bib was cute too.

Some websites actually said to stick the pregnancy test inside the turkey. I don't know if it's me but [insert puke face here] - something about that idea weirds me out completely.

Although decorating a pie with baby bottle and pacifiers is cute too.

Another brought up place settings and than putting it inside the place card. Our dinners at Dad's are not that formal. I thought of doing something with a thanksgiving card , but ah..so far I think I like all your ideas best.

Keep them coming!!!!Big Smile

• I was planning to list the things I am thankful for: 

My husband

My DD

My DD's new brother or sister

At this point though, I think I am going to have to tell before that due to the horrible morning sickness I am having and the fact that I am going to be traveling with my parents at the end of this month. 

• i think im doing xmas instead of thanksgiving i found a few cute shirts i might get and wear it to the families house.

That or i am planning a big suprise birthday for DH on dec 11th and maybe tell everyone then.

• What about offering to bring dessert and having the announcement written on it. Or start calling your Dad Grandpa, and the rest of your family likewise (aunt Kelly, Uncle John) until they figure it out while eating dinner.
  • I have told my immediate family already, but my extended family is coming for Thanksgiving, so I was thinking of setting an extra place at the table, and on place card writing Baby K or something.... I usually do favors for everybody at their seat, so i may put booties there or something.
  • We're going to give my FIL a gift with grandparents books and a onesie for his favorite team. If your family has a team that they root for maybe wear a shirt that says "Future _____ Fan!" or something of the such.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Rainbow baby, EDD 7/8/14, missed miscarriage 12/5/13. 
  • I think someone on here mentioned saying grace at dinner to tell everyone.

I think this is really sweet. Too bad his side isnt very religious

• I just found this shirt on etsy and think it's awesome.

Sorry prob won't be clicky--I"m on chrome

https://bit.ly/bB99TH

I just sent it to DH and said we should both wear these to tell our families. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    We'll always remember our angel baby: BFP 9/24/10, M/C 10/23/10 8w4d
  • I love the picture idea... my family's big on group photos at holidays so that could certainly work!
  • We have already told our parents and siblings.  For extended family I am thinking we will get a shirt for my niece to wear that says "This little monkey is going to be a big cousin,"  or make one with a turkey and then just wait for people to notice and connect the dots. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• We did a fall theme to annouce to our family. We made a basket full of fall goodies then put the ultrasound picture in the basket. It was precious. My mother and mothernlaw loved it!!
  • I'd like to have my niece wear a cute "I'm going to be a cousin!" shirt to Thanksgiving. (I saw a bunch of cute ones at Etsy). However, my brother and his ex are in the middle of hammering out a new custody arrangement, so I'm not even sure if my niece will be with us on Thanksgiving :(

My back up plan is, "sooo....I'm pregnant" 

• We already told my parents in a cute way, but for H's side of the family (who we're waiting to tell at Thanksgiving) we're probably just going to say at some point, "Hey, this time next year, we'll have a 5 month old."  I'll be 12 weeks the week before Thanksgiving, so we may actually just call them and tell them.  Not really doing anything creative for them.  However, I do love the picture-taking idea where someone announces that you're pregnant.  It must make for pretty hilarious pictures.

Now my announcement to Facebook--that's going to be fantastic. :)

• Ooh! What is your facebook announcement?! I am trying to decide what I want to do...thinking maybe a shirt that says "this is what I am thankful for"....
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"