Military Families

Will your DH be deployed when you're due?

If so, most doulas will provide their services for free. Just thought I'd let you know!
Bless,
Kate
Cloth-diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment-parenting momma.
Beachbody Coach, TurboKick and Hip Hop Hustle Instructor. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blog | Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Will your DH be deployed when you're due?

• While that's nice and I'm sure some do, I suspect "most" is a pretty large generalization. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @him184 I know doulas all over the country and I'm studying to be one.  I've yet to run into a doula that doesn't if that helps.

Bless,
    Kate
    Cloth-diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment-parenting momma.
    Beachbody Coach, TurboKick and Hip Hop Hustle Instructor. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Blog | Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My spouse is deployed, I am due in 20 days, I asked a local doula (one of the only available here (small town)) to offer her services for free or discounted and she denied. Kind of pissed me off I have no one and can't afford one.
  • I've spoken with a number of moms in my area who haven't been able to secure reduced-cost doula services while their spouses were deployed.
  • My spouse is deployed, I am due in 20 days, I asked a local doula (one of the only available here (small town)) to offer her services for free or discounted and she denied. Kind of pissed me off I have no one and can't afford one.

I wonder if using official channels of communication might have rendered a different response?

Even if it is common for doulas to provide free or reduced fees for assisting a military spouse, I think that approaching a doula to straight up ask for free services, or a discount, might be seen as presumptuous. I would check out this website for information: https://www.operationspecialdelivery.com.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for posting that. I'm really sad to be alone; my DH will be gone from the time I'm around 5 months pregnant till the baby's around 2 months old
  • I also think you have to go through specific channels for it to happen for free. My husband will have 4-5 months left in his deployment when baby arrives. I may do as doula or may ask a friend.
  • It would make sense if you had to go through an organization - because then it would (theoretically) be the organization paying for the doula as opposed to the doula doing it for free.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If so, most doulas will provide their services for free. Just thought I'd let you know!
     If you know any in Mississippi that will provide services for me I would love it. Please inbox me

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"