Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Sex after M/C?

My husband and I tried this morning after having a natural miscarriage 2 weeks ago. We had to stop about 10 min in because it was too painful. It felt extremely tight and once we got more into it it started to burn a little. Anyone experience this and is this normal?

Re: Sex after M/C?

• Options
    For me we had avoided sex while I was pregnant because I was spotting and scared straight... so I hadn't had sex in 6 weeks... it just took a little getting used to and I asked DH to be gentle.  Give yourself a little grace and try again if/when you can.  

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Options
    DH and I had been having sex while pregnant.  We waited 2 weeks after having our d&c done before we had sex again.  It took about a good two or three times until it no longer was mildly uncomfortable or slightly painful.  He was gentle but the movement was just slightly irritating.  The other evening when we had sex though it felt like everything was back to normal. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we havent had sex yet (been two weeks since my d&c) and to be honest I just dont feel like being touched. sometimes even sleeping in the same bed is irritating. I feel bad about that and im hoping it changes soon. dh is amazing so its not him, Im just not there yet.
  • Options
    You can always call your dr and ask. We waited a good two weeks after my d&c. We waited until my f/u visit - then I was sick. The first time, I think I was more nervous than anything . . . my head was still processing everything that happened. We had to use condoms until AF came and I don't like them, so that put me off a little too.
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Options
    You may want to try a relaxation technique and try again, don't put too much pressure on yourself. Our minds are very powerful. If you still feel burning I would call doctor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"