Preemies
Options

Beautiful video!

One of the girls' former NICU nurses posted this on her FB wall, and I decided, like an idiot, to watch it while feeding one of my girls in the middle of the night. Cue the waterworks. Wow. I've seen lots of videos, but this one captures it unlike any other I've seen (I'm still admittedly a little weepy over it). ;)

https://whatshouldwecallnicunursing.tumblr.com/post/66900864620/this-video-was-so-beautifully-done-this-is-why-i
TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Beautiful video!

• Options
    Yup, 4am here and the years are falling!
  • Options
    @usm123 I thought the same thing when I saw her holding him! Mine was two days later and I still hadnt showered. It was right at bath time and we happened to go into her room and I got to hold her while the nurse changed her bedding. Didn't kangaroo for another couple...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am bawling... as in ugly crying and had to close my office door bawling.  hearing the beeps at the beginning was enough to set me off.  That was amazing and beautiful.  I think I am going to share this for world prematurity day... I agree that it shows the journey in a great way.

can't. stop. crying!

i look nasty the first time I held DS... i hadn't showered in days because of bed rest. 
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

• Options
    Amazing.  It helps me remember how far my twins have come.  Thank you!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Made me cry like a baby! Had to cuddle dd a bit after watching that! Well for as long as she would cooperate lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Cried my eyes out this morning watching the video. Time to get ready for the NICU to hold my precious babe!
  • Options
    Bawled like a baby. Beautiful!
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

What a beautiful video. I just bawled my eyes out. Takes me back to when my girls were in the SCN for 30 days. I completely bawled the first time I saw them and the first time I held them.

• Options
    So beautiful! I wish I could pay someone to make one like this for Anna. I'd love to but I just don't have the time! We have hours and hours of video of her. 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    An amazing video! And I agree, even at six days out when I first held DS I looked awful-still bloated and wearing a hospital gown. Wish I was creative enough to put something together for my nuggets first year, I feel like the memories are fading and a video would help preserve those precious moments.
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    This is the best. I've probably watched it over a dozen times the last few days and cry so hard every time. Just beautiful.
  • Options
    Ok I'm annoyed. A friend posted this on fb and another friend said "oh this reminds me of the first time I held [her child] but I wish I looked that good". I snapped. He was full term and perfectly healthy. I said the reason she looked good was because she didn't get to hold him right after he was born like you did. She had to wait and go about life before she got that pleasure. So she had time to shower... And cry for days and nights waiting so I'm not sure it's like your experience at all.

I feel like a jerk but really????? Ugh people.
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

• Options
    Ok I'm annoyed. A friend posted this on fb and another friend said "oh this reminds me of the first time I held [her child] but I wish I looked that good". I snapped. He was full term and perfectly healthy. I said the reason she looked good was because she didn't get to hold him right after he was born like you did. She had to wait and go about life before she got that pleasure. So she had time to shower... And cry for days and nights waiting so I'm not sure it's like your experience at all. I feel like a jerk but really????? Ugh people.

You're not a jerk. That person is delusional that she would compare herself to this woman

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I saw it on FB also! I will never forget the sound of the CPAP machine, that whooshing.  I remember the first time that I got to do Kangaroo care and hold her since she was finally off the vent (after 3 weeks) and was finally on CPAP.  That sound just completely shut out the world and the machines, the beepng, the nurses outside, and it was just us two.  It was one of the most emotional moments of my life. 
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Options
    Ok I'm annoyed. A friend posted this on fb and another friend said "oh this reminds me of the first time I held [her child] but I wish I looked that good". I snapped. He was full term and perfectly healthy. I said the reason she looked good was because she didn't get to hold him right after he was born like you did. She had to wait and go about life before she got that pleasure. So she had time to shower... And cry for days and nights waiting so I'm not sure it's like your experience at all. I feel like a jerk but really????? Ugh people.
    Ugh, totally hear ya. I would have *definitely* said something, too. Stupid.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"