LGBT Parenting
Options

GTKY Nov. 22 Edition!

What a week we've had here on the board. We were down, and then our friends @KH826 and @YBNormal85 started some great threads on getting happy and how we all met each other! And then, @AXTMommas went and had herself a little Sebastian!* Things are looking up! It's so great to know that no matter how bummed any of us get, or if there's some conflict on a post, at the end of the day we are all here for each other. I don't think I'm alone when I say I love this board and all of you who make it awesome!
*Yes, Parks and Rec fans, I said "Little Sebastian"

GTKY!

1. In light of our new baby-on-the-board, if you were to give one piece of wisdom to a new parent, what would it be? If you are stumped, think of one thing you wish you'd gotten (or not gotten) from your parents!
2. Describe your bedroom when you were a teenager. What were you like - were you a cheerleader? Nerd? Band geek? Loner? Other? Did your space reflect that and how?
3. If you got one question to ask each of your pets, and they could answer, what question would you ask him/her/each of them?
4. What is your favorite dish on the Thanksgiving table? And, because it's too hard to pick one - what are your two runner-ups? Bonus: What is your favorite dish you *make* and further bonus for the recipe.
5. What's going on for the weekend?
Bonus: While there have been lots of PIPs this week, we all love'em, so I challenge you to out-do yourself and PIP us something good!

Thanks for playing as always :)
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: GTKY Nov. 22 Edition!

• Options
    1. My wisdom would be to pay attention to your kid. I don't say this from my own upbringing, but J's parents ignored her and I can see how that is her core issue to this day. I think her family was different then we are for sure; but I sometimes get scared between work and keeping up the house, obligations, etc. there will be moments I push my kid off and I hope I can train myself to remember nothing is more important than the LO!

2. OMG. My highschool bedroom was once described by a therapist as "pure chaos" - but I loved it! I had alternative music posters/pages of magazines all over the walls and cwseiling. I had things strung across the room and various "sculptures" (I use the term loosely here) hanging from them. I LOVED my room. I was a band geek, and I wouldn't say I was in the popular crowd though I got along with those people, I was more in the counter-culture crowd for fun, but also hung out with the smart kids. My room was probably not entirely reflective because it was pretty extreme - like, where I let it all hang out I guess! My parents were fine with whatever so long as 1) no food and 2) door closed.

3. Pet questions:
    Dude, are you really just a curmudgeon or is there something we could do to make you a lil' less serious?
    Manny, do you love it when I smother you with love? (say yes!)
    Odo, why oh why can't you settle down when you sleep with us?

4. Stuffing. Pumpkin pie would be second, and though it's a condiment - gravy! Seriously, I think these are the best because they are things you rarely ever have any other time - whereas you might have mashed potatoes, etc. other times in the year. And, actually, they are my three specialties to make too! The stuffing is my mom's recipe and super simple (vegetarian, 7 ingredients and always a hit), and I love making a proper pumpkin pie from the real pumpkin. And, I make the gravy because everyone else seems to mess it up, so I am voluntold to do it.

5. I am actually going to NYC again! Another work trip - but I am flying Saturday because J works all weekend, and I thought it'd be fun to have a day to bum around NYC, shop, see some friends there 1:1, and just not have to do the longass flight so close together (I come back Tuesday). Going is 5 hours, but the flight back is 6.5 - so nice to space them out. I'm excited for the holiday department store windows and some good (company-paid) meals!

It's not even 6 a.m. so I am too lazy to get my phone for a PIP... :( Instead, I'm going back to answer threads I missed out on this week due to a zillion hours of work! xxoo

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Hi! I've been here and back and forth throughout our infertility and our adoption plans.

1. In light of our new baby-on-the-board, if you were to give one piece of wisdom to a new parent, what would it be? If you are stumped, think of one thing you wish you'd gotten (or not gotten) from your parents!

Get a changing table. I know lots of people think this is a waste--- but seriously, I have a bad back and having a dedicated place to change the kid is great. Also, wear your baby. As much as you can!

2. Describe your bedroom when you were a teenager. What were you like - were you a cheerleader? Nerd? Band geek? Loner? Other? Did your space reflect that and how?

It was a mess. We lived in an old Victorian and I had a huge room with a walk in closet. During the height of my teenage years I slept on a futon, (a real one not a chintzy one) after a stint in Japan. I pretty much didn't use the walk-in closet except for ...well..,nothing. I used the floor. I had a TV and a lego- phone. I had posters of heavy metal bands and classical music. I had a porcelain doll collection. I was however a theater and music geek, probably a bit of a nerd, but still awesome!

3. If you got one question to ask each of your pets, and they could answer, what question would you ask him/her/each of them?

To my Shih Tzu: Why exactly do you insist on licking the furniture and the walls?
    To my Cat: You leave your poop uncovered because?

4. What is your favorite dish on the Thanksgiving table? And, because it's too hard to pick one - what are your two runner-ups? Bonus: What is your favorite dish you *make* and further bonus for the recipe.

My favorite thing on the table is usually the mashed potatoes. Runners up: Roasted Brussel sprouts and homemade cranberry sauce.

Bonus: Candied Yams/Sweet Potatoes:

Recipe: Butter up a glass dish. Cook potatoes in water, peel, and cut into slices- rounds or cubes. Then pour a layer of brown sugar into the dish. Throw down a layer of potatoes, add some butter, cover with sugar. Keep doing this until you get about 1/8 of an inch from the top of the dish. Then, pop into over, cook at about 350 for 30-40 minutes. EAT. NOM NOM NOM.

Saturday we have some random event with our adoption agency. I volunteered to help out with the kids craft.  But mainly I'm going because even though all our paperwork is done and our lawyer sent them the last bit of paper work one month ago they still haven't returned the agency consent to adoption which he needs to file for finalization- the agency director will be there so I'm going to ask when they plan to do that since they have 30K+ from us.  Before that we need to run to the farmer's market in Union Square for some Tday stuff and after that I'm not sure what we will do.

Sunday I have to teach Sunday School at my church and then I think we have oodles of errands to run.

Bonus: While there have been lots of PIPs this week, we all love'em, so I challenge you to out-do yourself and PIP us something good!

I give you- baby snowman
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ummmmm this is just another reason why I LUV you...it's more than love...it's luv. Just yesterday I went to a mall in a nicer part of Columbus and I sent a text to C that said "it's like Eagleton up in here".

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    Ummmmm this is just another reason why I LUV you...it's more than love...it's luv. Just yesterday I went to a mall in a nicer part of Columbus and I sent a text to C that said "it's like Eagleton up in here".
    HAHA! That made me LOL. Eagleton - yuck!! :) You two are hilarious.

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options

A dad-to-be at work just asked me this question so here's what I told him:

-Although they look cute, sleepers with snaps are a pain in the butt in the middle of the night.  Lining up all those little snaps?  No thank you!  Stick with zippers.

-Tape the diaper receipts right to the box.  Then if you have to exchange them it won't be an issue.

-Start a bedtime routine as early as possible.  I attribute N sleeping through the night at 7 weeks old to her consistent routine.

-Take more pictures than you think is necessary.  It's already becoming hard to remember what it used to be like and N is only 9 months old.

I don't think my high school bedroom really reflected who I was.  My bedroom had a white chair rail all the way around with pink walls on top and purple on the bottom.  My bed had a giant canopy - like the princess kind.  However, my bedroom right before that one I got to pick everything out for, and it was unicorns and rainbows.  How my parents didn't know I was lesbian and at that age I don't know.

We don't have any animals, yet. We are planing on getting a dog in summer!

4. What is your favorite dish on the Thanksgiving table? And, because it's too hard to pick one - what are your two runner-ups
    I love B's mashed potatoes.  And Brown-N-Serve rolls!  I could eat all of them.

It's our anniversary tomorrow!  (I know I posted about this in a different thread) B is planning a surprise so I'm leaving work in 3 hours to meet her at home!  I have no idea what she's planning and I can't wait!  All I know so far is I can't go home early, I have to wear winter boots, we have somewhere to be at 1:30, and I can't get dressed up. 
  • Options

1. So I don't think I can offer any practical advice relevant to having a baby at this point (ask me again in a year!), but what I would offer from my own experience is this: while loving your child(ren) unconditionally and making them the center of your world is hardly something to discourage, just remember not to lose yourself in the process. My mother has devoted the last nearly 30 years to being a parent. When my younger sister who is now 21 was born, my mother decided to "retire" from her career as an elementary school teacher. After that, she went on to have two more children -- the youngest of which is my brother who has severe special needs and is medically fragile. My mother's life become 100% focused on being a mom. She has been a single mom for the last 10 years or so as well. Well, now my brother's condition has deteriorated and he can no longer live at home and may not be with us much longer. I am almost 30 and live several states away with my own little family starting. My middle sister is a junior in college with a serious boyfriend, and my youngest sister is a senior in high school and will be going off to college next year. My mother is preparing for an empty nest and she is totally lost. She hasn't dated since her divorce and says she has no interest in companionship. She hasn't worked outside the home in over 20 years and hardly wants to start again now. Her 5000+ sq ft home is empty 90% of the time. I feel like she was so focused on being a mom, that she forgot who she was as an individual. All her hobbies and interests revolve around her kids. As someone who is about to become a mom next year, it is something that really strikes me. I want to be a great mom - I want to be involved and give myself to raising my family - but I also don't want to lose me in the process. I feel like this is something I want to be aware of, and so that would be my wisdom to those embarking on parenthood.

2. I had 2 highschool bedrooms because we moved to a new house at the end of my junior year. My first highschool bedroom was basically my "little girl" bedroom with a few movie posters no the wall to cover up the Laura Ashley rosebud wallpaper (my mother's choice). My bed also had a canopy when I was little, and in highschool I took it off because i thought it was too frilly. Other than that though, the room was pretty pink and girly and still had a fairly young vibe. When we moved when I was 17, I took the opportunity to go a totally different route with my room. I basically set it up like a dorm room (complete with mini fridge and microwave). I was messy as a teen, but most of my mess was confined to my closet and drawers -- the actual room was usually pretty tidy. I was a music and theater kid in highschool, and my room had posters and photos from the shows I was in to document that, as well as my trophy/award shelf that I was way to proud of (what ever happened to those? HA - I honestly don't know!). So, nothing too remarkable about my room really. I wasn't much of a risk taker in those days, and I was afraid my mother would question my decorating choices if I went with anything not expected. The one joke that we laugh about now is that I had a Titanic movie picture over my bed (in both rooms - it survived the move!), and my mom was convinced I had a huge crush on Leonardo DiCaprio... she mentioned it several years ago, and I just lost it laughing and told her I was sorry to disappoint, but I bought that poster for Kate Winslet! HAHA

3. I would ask Reese what makes her happiest. I would love to know! She seems like a happy dog for the most part, but I often wonder what she is thinking and what she likes and what we do that she can't stand. I wish she could tell us with words. She makes us so happy, but I would love some reassurance that she is happy. I worry sometimes that she is bored or sad when she is just laying around. I know this is silly, but I love that little dog to pieces. I wish, for one day, she could talk to us and tell us all about what she likes and doesn't like.

4. Green Bean Casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing. My mother-in-law makes this green bean casserole that is amazing. I look forward to it every year. She hasn't given us the recipe yet...

5. This weekend we really don't have any concrete plans, and I am sooooo happy about that! I have errands to run on Saturday and grocery shopping to do on Sunday, but so far that is it. We are also planning to go out to dinner tonight, but haven't picked a restaurant yet. At any rate, having a nice relaxing weekend (maybe get some home projects done?) will be awesome, and I am very much looking forward to it! :)

Bonus PIP: This is a picture of our Christmas tree last year. We are looking forward to putting our tree up this year the Sunday after Thanksgiving!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    KH826 that it's important to have your own identity.  Finding that balance is going to be a challenge, but something I am looking forward to.

During part of my high school years my sister and I had to share a room, which totally sucked!  We were totally different and didn't get along.  I went to a Christian school and was very consertative and a Bible-thumper for sure!  My sister was a wild child and spend her weekends running the bars and doing drugs.  My mom and step dad had divorced and we had little money, so we only lived in a two bedroom apartment.  At one point my mom was going to move her bed into the dining room so that my sister and I could have our own rooms.  Needless to say things were tense at that time.  I later moved in with a friend of mine and her family.  So I didn't have a room most of my teenage years to decorate as I pleased.  I was a cheerleader though and had many friends.  I wasn't part of the popular crowd, but because my school was so small everyone was kind of friends.  

Woody: Have I loved you as much as you have loved me over the last 5 years?
    Bo: What is going thru your mind when you are humping your brother that is twice your size?

I love green bean casserole!  I have always liked it, but my wife is allergic to onions so I never make it any other time because I would eat all of it (and that isn't a good idea)

Tonight we are having a Friendsgiving dinner with a group of friends.  This summer we had a weekly gather at the "Lesbian Lounge" aka our patio with a group of friends, usually all women but not all lesbians.  The weather got colder and life got busier so we don't get together every week anymore.  I am excited to see everyone tonight and have a lot of laughs.  I think we have some house cleaning and errands to get done tomorrow and Sunday we are hanging out with @doodah2013 and @firstcomeslove2013.  I wish that we were getting together to celebrate both of us being pregnant, but instead we are going to enjoy some snacks and wine ;-)

PIP:  This is our Friday night group at the Lesbian Lounge early this summer.  Everyone has quit smoking, so just ignore the cigarettes ;-)
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    GTKY!
    1. In light of our new baby-on-the-board, if you were to give one piece of wisdom to a new parent, what would it be? If you are stumped, think of one thing you wish you'd gotten (or not gotten) from your parents!  Enjoy the moments and don't become the "over-protector." A child grows when they can truly experience life
    A bedroom for me was just that...not much of a decorator other then a million stuffed animals and ceramic figurines that my grandmother gave me every year for my birthday. I was an athletic geek. I played volleyball, basketball, and softball for most of my high school career. I was in the band for the first year and then rifle corps/color guard for two years as well. I took all upper level classes so I was friends with a lot of the "un-athletic" students.
    3. If you got one question to ask each of your pets, and they could answer, what question would you ask him/her/each of them?Why must you stare at us when M and I are getting intimate???LOL  or what makes you so gassy?
    4. What is your favorite dish on the Thanksgiving table? And, because it's too hard to pick one - what are your two runner-ups? Bonus: What is your favorite dish you *make* and further bonus for the recipe.I absolutely love the green bean casserole and the banana pudding my great aunt makes every year! Another runner up (and one I have to miss from now on b/c my ex's aunt made them) is homemade chicken and dumplings!!!!  The only dish I make for our Thanksgiving is pumpkin pie.  No recipe needed, it comes from a can LOL
    5. What's going on for the weekend? I am trying to stay busy for the ending of my TWW. Tonight I will do yardwork and clean the house then take the dogs out on a walk. Tomorrow I am volunteering at an adoption event for our local shelter. Then I will go home and mow the lawn, get laundry done, take out the drycleaning, and clean the living spaces. Sunday I will clean out the bathrooms and get the house ready for my love's return (she is in New York visiting her grandmother).
    Bonus: While there have been lots of PIPs this week, we all love'em, so I challenge you to out-do yourself and PIP us something good! I will have to do that when I get home.  There are no pictures on my work computer!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Options

Don't forget to put your spouse first sometimes (or often times). I'm not a parent yet, but grew up with parents who severely neglected their marriage, and ended up getting divorced many years later. As much as it is important to put the kiddos first and love and adore them, they need to know how much their parents love each other too. 

I was a pretty big jock and my room definitely reflected it. I played basketball and was CRAZY about it and music too. I had posters and magazine cutouts of my favorite athletes, women, and musical artists all over my walls. I even snagged a huge poster of my favorite female basketball player from foot locker. I am an artist as well so there were quite a few of my drawings and paintings up as well. I don't think there was an inch of wall showing. 

Wunbi: Why oh why are you so afraid of everything? If you could kick the fear aggression to the curb, we'd all have so much more fun together.
    Xena: Will you ever stop eating poop? We'd really like that.

Thanksgiving is my 2nd favorite holiday so this is a hard one. I absolutely love stuffing and these delicious twice baked sweet potatoes with cranberries- which would also be my favorite dish I make along with pumpkin pie. We are making one with a pumpkin from our garden this year and I can't wait. My wife makes the most delicious rolls too. I love food. 

Going to go visit my stepmom tomorrow, probably at the nursing home. She's really not happy being there so hopefully she can go home soon. Depending on the weather we may also go to their house to do some chores and what not. 
    Sunday, going to brunch and a movie with a coworker and his hubby. 

• Options
    1. I have a friend, a mom of two, who always gives a jar of OxiClean Baby with every baby shower gift. She claims it is the only way to get all that spit-up, poop and baby food off babies' clothes. Since I'm not a mom myself, I'm passing along her advice!

2. I was actually an orchestra geek (I played the viola for 10 years), but on a personal/social level, I was really into grunge (8-10th grade) and then indie pop (10th-12th). If you think of a Venn diagram with the alternative/punk/grunge kids in one circle and the smart/nerdy kids in another circle, my group was the intersection of those two (not a huge group). I moved into a new bedroom in the 9th grade, so I didn't have all those little-kid leftovers. I had band posters on the walls (first Bob Dylan, REM and Pearl Jam, then little indie band posters as I got into that), LOTS of CDs and books, and candles and incense. I had a Matisse-inspired comforter on my bed that I thought was SUPER sophisticated. :)

3. June: Seriously, what's the deal with the bath mat?

4. Mashed potatoes! To your point, @2MamazinSeattle, it's actually something we almost never make except at Thanksgiving. Something about all the fat and carbs, I just can't bring myself to make it all that often, but I LOVE me some mashed potatoes. Runner up: Stuffing, and then my sister's Cider Cream Pie, which is amazing. We always bring a few dishes to Thanksgiving, but our only constant is cranberry sauce, which my wife makes without a recipe. So instead I will point you to the Cider Cream Pie my sister makes. I take credit for finding the recipe; but she gets credit for doing an awesome job making it (I am so not a pie-crust maker): https://www. lottieanddoof.com/2011/10/apple-cider-cream-pie/

5. We have to finalize plans for Thanksgiving (what exactly we're making and what we have to buy for it), go shopping, and do some yard clean up (you know, pull/prune the dead stuff, rake leaves, etc). On Sunday we are hosting my step-mom's birthday dinner.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options

Don't take yourself or being a parent too seriously.  Just be in the moment, the important decisions are intuitive and not just by the book (though books and Google are great). Being present for your LO and your partner are what matter in the end.

My room was in the attic so it was really big with a skylight that I used to love watching the moon under. I had a very adult room, a couch, chair, everything organized and decorated. Maybe a little OCD.  Lol.  I had really messy closets though and I still struggle with that, just cramming everything that I don't know what to do with in the closet (or a drawer, or the garage).  In high school I had some posters or other artwork, a shadow box with little figurines (mostly animals).  I loved my room it was my sanctuary.  I'm not sure what I was, a little of everything I had lots of different friends, but mostly theater kids and smart kids.  I was a color guard for a little while and a girl scout (though sudo -secretly since it wasn't cool in high school) still many of my friends were still in the girl scouts and we loved it, camping, etc.

I don't have any right now. But I'd ask my parents dog why she barks every time we come back in the room is it that she forgets who we are?  Even my dad??

green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, turkey and gravy

Nothing so far. Homework mostly, EV has to play catch up from last weekend.  Hopefully getting together with some friends to grab frozen yogurt (our favorite).  I might take Kaden to a nearby lake, I've been meaning too for weeks now.  He has a bit of a runny nose so we're lying low right now.  We'll see how the weekend shapes up depending on how he's feeling.  Also I would love to catch the next Hunger Games movie. EV offered to let me go last night (to the midnight showing) so maybe I'll take her up on that offer once K goes to sleep Sat or Sun.

• Options
    doodah1013doodah1013 member
    edited November 2013

Even though we live in an age of cell-phone and technology, remember to enjoy those special moments instead of trying to record them all.  Sometimes things are better in your memory than digitally.

I had a small obsession with The Beatles in late middle school early high school.  My walls were covered in posters of the band, and my friends often had séances to contact John Lennon (it was before George died, or we would have tried to talk to him too.)  Of course our séances had absolutely no flow to them.  Mostly we lit candles and burned dollar bills (I don't remember why we did that.)  Did that answer the question or just make me sound weird...??

Both of our dogs are rescues, and they both have aggression issues due to their circumstances when they were puppies... I would ask them how we could help them feel safer.

I gotta be honest... I am not a big Thanksgiving person.  I love the family and the football, but the food is kind of lukewarm.  HOWEVER, my boss has been making these AMAZING pumpkin cookies, and now A has taken them up too.  They can be found on Betty Crocker.com or Pinterest.

This weekend may be hard.  A's parents are in town, and last week when my period was 3 days late we had made all these plans of who we were going to tell them we were pregnant...  Stupid... I know.  We know better.  But they are going to be in town NTL.  I actually have tomorrow off, which is exciting and all the guys* in the family are headed to the OSU football game.  Should be a fun time.  Then Sunday @trisholio and G are coming over and we are going to eat appetizers and drink wine.  It should prove to be a good time for all!

This is literally my favorite picture of me of all time.  It was taken in New Zealand in 2008 at a place called Tamata Peak.  I once recorded an album (that I lost because I recorded all my songs on my ex's computer) and I was going to use this as the cover art.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options

I would reiterate two pieces of wisdom already given - 1. read every day to/with your child from the time they are born.  2.  Be present in the moment with them.

When I was a teenager, I wanted to paint my bedroom black.  My parents wouldn't go for that, but instead let me paint it two shades of blue and get black blinds for the windows.  Later on, I repainted it two shades of pink.  I had all sorts of collectibles and different posters on my walls.  Growing up an only child, I considered myself more of a loner.  I had plenty of friends and was able to get along with everyone.  I preferred to spend my time at home though.  I read a lot, and contribute that to my Mom reading to me every night before bed. 

Zeppelin - Are you angry that C brought two other dogs with her when she moved in?

Kujo - Why don't you ever want to leave Grandma &Grandpa's (my Mom & Dad) house?

Busty - Why must you always get in the middle of us and the other two when they are getting attention?

Mia - Do you really love your doggy siblings?

My most favorite is the candied sweet potatoes that my Mom makes.  They are a staple for every Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.  My two runner-ups would be her pumpkin pie and the homemade rolls with cheese in the middle.  I used to make a jello ribbon salad, but have since stopped because no one really eats it anymore.  I always love it though.  Green jello with pineapple chunks in the bottom, middle layer is cream cheese/whipped cream mixture and top layer is just red jello.  Maybe I will make a small version this year...

Not much.  I'm still recovering from surgery and having a crappy day today as a result.  Resting and relaxing isn't something I'm good at I guess...and now I'm paying for it to a degree.  I'll tag along for our bowling league tomorrow night.  I can't bowl, but I can sit and watch hopefully.  Other than that, I'm not sure.  C has so much difficulty sitting at home, so I may have to send her off on her own if I'm not up to getting out and about. 

This is me with C's cousin's little girl.  We had a surprise birthday party for my MIL and I got to spend a lot of time with this little one. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    @StacyLH24 my mom makes a very similar, if not the same, jello dish and I always loved it growing up. My brother in law loves it so now she makes it just for him. 

• Options
    1. Try to make sure that your child knows that you do not need them to be perfect.

2. I was a teacher's pet and jock, but my room was pretty boring. We got a bunch of rooms repainted at one point when I was a teenager and I chose this pale pink for my room. But when I saw it on the walls I got really upset because my room was so very "girly." My little brother bought me a Chicago Cubs wall hanging that year so that I could make my room more me.

3. Frannie (the dog):  Will you please just be calm around the cat so that she will actually let you meet her and you two can be in the same room?
    Lulah (the cat): Will you please just let the dog meet you so that she can calm the f down around you and you two can be in the same room?

@Manada believes that I have violated the spirit of the question with these question that are more requests than questions. So here's take two:
    Frannie: What was your life like before you were rescued by Animal Services?
    Lulah: Are you bored? If so, what kind of activity would like to engage in?

4. Mashed potatoes. MMMMMMMM! The way my mom makes them, please.
    1st runner up: Stuffing! YUM!
    2nd runner up: Pumpkin pie. I love the recipe on the back of the libby's pumpkin pie can.  (I can make this!)

5. M and I are going to The Keg (a steak restaurant) for dinner tonight to celebrate the start of our IVF cycle. I'm going to take the evening off of my low carb eating plan so that I can have potatoes and a drink.
    Either tomorrow or Sunday we're going to an outdoor spa (specifically hot and cold baths and sauna) a couple hours from Toronto. We were given a gift card for the place for our Love Party and we're hoping we won't get to use it before it expires (because of pregnancy) if we don't use it now. The nurse today told me to be careful not to boil my eggs so I will be avoiding the sauna and the jacuzzi.

PIP: This is the pyramid my team made at the end of our tournament in Florida this last week. We make a pyramid at the end of every tournament. This is one of our best. I'm the middle person on the bottom row.

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

1. To tell your child every day how much you love them and to give lots of hugs.

3. Xander (my dog) Why won't you let me cut your nails? Oliver (my other dog) would you be happier if you were an only child? Nala (my cat) Why can't you teach your sister some of your manners? Jasmine (Nala's sister) Why do you feel the need to eat my hair?

4. Does apple pie count as a dish? Otherwise I like Mashed Potatoes and green bean casserole.

5. My house officially went on the market on Wednesday and this weekend is the first open house so I am spending the weekend getting four animals out of the house long enough for the open house to take place.  Totally stressed about the entire ordeal.  Fingers crossed my house sells quickly.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Options
    GTKY!
    1. I am not a parent yet but have spent a majority of my life around children and my advice is to let them be who they are. Let them be silly and creative and let them be a kid. I have come into contact with so many kids that are required to grow up because parents don't know how to let them be kids.

2. When I was in high school I was in a weird place. I was friends with everyone and I lived for summer camp and my camp friends. I was a bit of a bully and I was always the one that was joking or making people laugh. When I was like a sophmore, I got the great idea to paint my room a dark blue with put gold stars and a moon on the walls. I quickly decided I wasn't in love with it but my parents were not interested in repainting. I think I felt that it would reflect my love for nature but it just was dark and bummed me out mostly.

3. Baxter: Why are you so scared of the stove and the toaster?
    Burke: What is it that you bark at like crazy when it is dark outside...there is nothing there!

4. My grandmother makes the yummiest stuffing. If I had the recipe I would give it to you! Its the best! 1st runner up: Mashed Potatoes 2nd Runner Up: Green Bean Casserole

5. My parents are on their way into town. My dad, BIL, sister and C are going to the OSU game. My mom, niece, and I are going shopping...pretty sweet plan. Then on sunday we are having out with @trisholio and her wife. I am pumped about that!

My bonus PIP: this is a hilarious text exchange between C and I...what a chicken...it still makes me giggle. C is so silly and we have a ridiculous relationship...
    PIP.jpg 56.8K

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"