New York Babies

Looking for a new obgyn

Hi there,

I'm looking to switch obgyns and was hoping for some recommendations of doctors with whom women have had wonderful experiences and that are also affiliated with good hospitals/maternity wards. I live downtown but am open to any suggestions as I've heard Lenox is top notch followed by Mt. Sinai, both of which are located on the UES (heard mixed reviews on St. Lukes-Roosevelt). Not pregnant yet but thinking about kids over the next cpl of years and would like to develop a relationship with the doc beforehand (and I also don't want to switch doctors again). 

I received suggestions from a cpl friends for Dr. Callipari (Mt. Sinai) and Dr. Jacques Moritz (St. Luke's Roosevelt). Re Dr. Moritz, while I hear he's an excellent doctor, I'm unsure about the hospital affiliation.

Re: Looking for a new obgyn

• Dr. Shur (and the other two doctors at East Side Women's OBGYN) is fantastic. She's affiliated with Mt Sinai.
  • NYU Langone is also one of the best. Check out Spring ObGyn. Really wonderful practice that I'm using for a second time.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love my doctors at oBgyn Westside (91st & Columbus) and they're affiliated with Mt. Sinai on the UES. Drs. Barbieri and Jackson are the two that I'm currently seeing during my pregnancy but I will see others in the practice. It's pretty common to see multiple doctors within a practice while you're pregnant. I was unfamiliar with this until I was expecting and focused on finding a great OB. 

I was referred to oBgyn Westside by my dermatologist. Having a recommendation from someone (who is a second-time mom) helped me make my decision after getting other suggestions from friends. I narrowed my choices down to two practices before selecting oBgyn.

My prior Gyn was affiliated with St. Luke's-Roosevelt and I knew I couldn't see myself looking at her in the delivery room. I prefer to have that personal connection with or good feeling about a doctor who plays a key role in an important part of my life, especially for the birth of my first child.
  • I also go to oBgyn Westside and see Dr. Morgan - I really like the practice so far.  The drs are efficient, but thorough! 
  • My friend went to Dr. Moritz and loved him, but said his schedule is packed and office visits often had very long waits. He does deliver at SLR. I just started seeing Natalie Stevens (she delivers at Lenox Hill) and so far really like her. Her office seems well-managed, which is great.
  • Definitely consider NYU- they are at the top of the heap. I'm delivering there in January, and have had several friends who highly recommend it. I'm at Downtown Women OBGYN, which is at Houston and Broadway. Love them! The office is so well managed- I've never waited more than 10 mins for an appt, and all of the OBs and midwives you rotate through are fantastic. 
  • Dr. Mark P. Gold- 69th and 3rd ave who delivers at Lenox hill. He delivered my 6 month old daughter and was fantastic. Rarely waited to be seen at appointments and he is a solo practitioner so you know he will be the one delivering.
  • I am going to be delivering at NY Pres Weill- Cornell and my doc is Dr. Ioannis Zervoudakis. He was in New York magazine as a top OB - Gyn.

I had friends deliver at Lenox and Mt. Sinai, and it sounds like I had a better experience. The maternity ward is also friendlier at Weill.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am a doula and childbirth educator.  I have been at deliveries at all the major hospitals.  I do not like NYU for the induction meds they use, I have seen too many failed inductions.  I like NY Pres and Saint Lukes Roosevelt.  As far as Moritiz goes, he has become a bit of a rock star, and sadly is not at many deliveries these days, he has a lot of coverage, plus average wait time is about 2 hours for each visit.
    I like Shulina, Rhee and Bradley. All female practice, they are at SLR, they support birth in a birth center or regular L&D floor and are pretty open and kind.
    Best of luck!
    Andrea
    www.citybirths.com
  • I second Spring Ob/Gyn. They were amazing when I delivered my daughter. I also had nothing but a good experience at NYU. I was induced and it couldn't have gone smoother. 
  • I am a 3rd supporter of Spring Ob/Gyn. I am usually out the door within the hour and never have to wait long for my appointment.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"