February 2014 Moms

Car seat n stroller... So what are you getting ?

I am spending way too much time n days researching on infant car seat / converter , stroller.... It's time I find out what you moms are getting , atleast that would help me narrow down the list. My picks so far- graco snugride vs britax infant cars seats. I don't think I would buy the convertible seat until we need one ( britax marathon if I had to pick a brand). I love britax b ready stroller .. Heard graco is wobbly n squeaks. Points to consider: DH n I want to hae another baby maybe an yr or two apart. Are certain type of wheels better than other for strollers ( I might just go on walks around the neighbourhood ... Not a big fan of jogging with a baby in the stroller) ? Definitely wanna keep prices as lw n reasonable as I can.

Re: Car seat n stroller... So what are you getting ?

• I bought the Britax B-Agile stroller and the Britax B-Safe infant car seat. But I'm not looking at having baby number two till baby number one is out of diapers (this is a life goal for me). I picked the B-Agile over your traditional stroller because I always have issues with the two front wheels not going the direction they need to be in to go and the B-Agile is a lot like a jogger without being as bulky or having inflatable tires that I would have to worry about messing with, which is good for my active lifestyle. Plus as an added bonus the car seat I picked 'clicks' into place easily with the 'click n go' from the car into the stroller. That's the big reason I forked over the big bucks for the set I picked. But, really I just like the sleekness and safety that Britax offers. Personal opinion as a nanny for many years, I've always been quite pleased with the level of protection and portability of Britax products but, I could be bias. 

Anastasia Mae born Feb 19, 2014 at 10:12AM -Tokyo, Japan time. 
    Me: 22 DH: 25 Married since Oct 6th, 2010
  • Had a graco snug ride with my first and chicco key fit 30 w/ my second and this one. Hands down, the chicco is WAY better. Easier install, buckles, and release. Also, better materials and padding. Baby just seemed more comfy too. Not saying the Gracos are bad seats... I just think the chicco is better. No experience with the Britax infant seats but I am a total Britax convertible car seat convert. Their quality and ease of use MORE than make up for the price.

As for strollers- I prefer a snap n go first and then city mini or similar after they outgrow the infant seat. I personally do not like "travel systems" where you put the car seat into the stroller b/c it's too damn bulky. Snap n go is much more streamlined. Buy a used one for $30-40 on CL- they don't take much wear.

• Loading the player...
  • It really is a personal decision. I've always used a travel system and loved it, but there's a ton of people that hate them. Try them out in the stores, see what works for your budget, read some online reviews and go from there.
  • We registered for the Graco Snugride and have been gifted a used BOB Revolution jogger. One of my close friends loves her Snugride, so that and the price point led to registering for that one.

It sounds like you've done your research. Graco or Britax both seem like good choices!

• Tally06Tally06 member
    edited November 2013
    We have a Peg Perego infant car seat and the Baby Jogger City Select.

Frankly, we chose the Peg Perego because I liked the neutral, dark colors and the City Select because we knew that we wanted LO #2 pretty close to DS and so it made sense to purchase a stroller that could convert to a double.

DS has the Britax Advocate for his convertible which we chose because I liked the added side impact protection.

For DS2 we will most likely be purchasing the Clek Foonf because it allows for extended rear-facing for up to four years (we will buy DS1 a Clek as well once he outgrows the rear facing limits of the Advocate. I don't think the Clek was available back in 2011 and if it was, I didn't know about it).

ETA: We take lots of walks with the Baby Jogger and it rides very smoothly. Also, I liked hearing other people's reasons for choosing their strollers because it gave me things to think about that I might not have considered, so I think that this is a great post.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is what we have, but in orange and gray.  Haven't used it yet, so can't give much opinion.

imageimage

• hammysmommyhammysmommy member
    edited November 2013
    I'm leaning towards the Graco Breaze and SnugRide Click Connect.  I like the Modes travel system as well, but the Breaze is smaller (like an umbrella stoller) and so light in comparison.

My sister had a Britax, and she liked it a lot, but it takes up a ton of room in the back of the car.  Where we have (now) 2 dogs, DSD and then LO, space is definitely a valuable commodity.
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

F14 October Siggy Challenge - Animals in Costume
    ...image...

August Siggy Challenge-Rainbows & Unicorns

March 10, 2014 - G was born

Lilypie First Birthday tickers    Anniversary       
  • I agree with PP about this being a personal choice. I have gone through a few different strollers and I can tell you the things that are important to me, but these things may not apply to you at all. I want/need a stroller that is easy to fold up and put in my trunk, a big basket, and can hold 2 children. I bought a used Uppa off CL and absolutely love it. 

chaseandchristian again

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the Peg Perego Infant car seat.  Our stroller is the Bugaboo Buffalo.

As pp had said, go to Buy Buy Baby or Babies R Us and "test drive" what you're thinking of getting.  It really is a personal choice.
  • Definitely take a trip out to BRU and try them in your car. With my last car we had issues with them fitting properly. We had a graco snug ride with DD, but got a Britax Bsafe this time around because personally I hated the snug ride. Stroller we have a City Select. 
    @OTMFL it sits on a metal rod thingy and then the strap. A lot of doubles use the strap to secure the seat. Personally I don't like and that was another check in pro category for the Britax.

• We have a chicco carseat, my favorite by far and has one of the highest weight limits. I absolutely cannot stand the graco buckle! It's too hard to buckle, I will never buy graco. For the stroller we finally decided on the joovy caboose too ultralight that comes with an adapter that fits all major brands of car seats.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went with the chicco keyfit and snap and go! :). Love it
  • With DS we got the chicco key fit 30 and a city mini with a chicco car seat adapter.  I really like the chicco keyfit 30 and will be using it with DD when she arrives.

I ended up selling the city mini and car seat adapter (actually tonight) and got a chicco snap n go for this time around and a bob w/ a chicco car seat adapter for at home when I want to exercise and walk around the neighborhood.  We have an umbrella stroller for DS that stays in the car.  As long as DD is awake when I go out I'll probably just wear her in a baby k'taan if she's asleep in the car seat - I like that I can just pop it in the snap and go and do what I need to do.

That's my two cents!

• PCOS
    TTC since October 2008

IVF/ICSI #1 12/7/2011 = BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 1/31/2012 = BFN
    IVF/ICSI #3 March 2013 Cancelled
    IVF/ICSI #4 5/30/2013 = BFP
    EDD 2/5/2014.  Baby Girl Born 1/21/2014
    FET #1 1/29/2016 = BFN
    IVF/ICSI #5 11/10/2017 = All Freeze.  Not able to access one ovary
    FET #2  4/10/2018 = BFN
    FET #3  11/10/2018 = BFP - Miscarriage
    IVF/ICSI #6  3/17/2019 = All Freeze.  PGT 
    FET #4 9/10/2019 = BFP 

**PAIF/SAIFW ALWAYS WELCOMED**

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)

• Definitely test them out yourself. We bought the JJ Cole Broadway stroller and the JJ Cole Newport infant car seat. I don't see these particular pieces mentioned a lot around here but we absolutely love both. The stroller comes with a bassinet that rotates 360 degrees and can be used flat or inclined. The canopy is all black but you can get colored canopies for it (same with the car seat). DH is much taller than I am and it adjusts so well for both of our heights. The stroller has a converter that allows it to be compatible with a few other car seat brands, too.
    Started TTC Summer 2008~ Started with RE Summer 2009~ October 2010 IUI-positive HPT & beta, c/p~ Natural pregnancy March 2013, m/c at 7 weeks, Trisomy 16~ Natural pregnancy June 2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We registered for a Chicco Key Fit and a City Mini all terrain. We LOVE that the City Mini folds with one pull and is compact.

We like the Chicco over the Britax because the hood felt better and it was slightly less heavy.

Hope that helps!
    BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • We got a Chicco travel system. We picked it because we went to BBB and tested out a bunch of strollers. The Chicco was the most comfortable for us to push (we are tall), and it was a price range we were comfortable with.

But what works for me might not work for you, and there are hundreds of opinions about which is best. Go play with some strollers and carseats. You'll figure it out in no time.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • car seat said:
    This really is a personal choice that you need to make for yourself. You've already asked about different strollers in the past. Narrow down what you're looking for and figure it out from there. This question is pretty silly, given that the price range and features vary so much in the world of strollers and car seats. What I bought will not help you.

car seat said:
    This really is a personal choice that you need to make for yourself. You've already asked about different strollers in the past. Narrow down what you're looking for and figure it out from there. This question is pretty silly, given that the price range and features vary so much in the world of strollers and car seats. What I bought will not help you.

I am sorry if my posts bother you. But what better are forums for? I am definitely post my question a million other times until I come to a conclusion and till i am satisfied. You always have the right o opt to answer or not. Anyways, thanks!
  • Here's a question for STM+ in regards to this topic - I'm not trying to threadjack, it's related.

for those who chose different brands of carseat and stroller - how did you deal with the infant stage.  Did you secure the carseat to the stroller somehow, put the baby in the stroller, or some other solution?

I ask because we have a used stroller gifted and we'll need a new seat.  We've thought about getting a new stroller so the seat clicks and is secure, but I'm wondering if it's going to be worth the extra $ if I have something perfectly usable. 

TIA & I hope I'm not the only one with this question.

I'm not a STM but our stroller (and many strollers on the market) will have attachments you can buy for a carseat to work with it. Our City Mini doesn't come with the latches pre-installed so we added that item to the registry. It's really easy. Just fits right on and the carseat clicks in securely.
    BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • Like the PPs said, this is a personal choice. After doing research  and looking at car seats/ strollers in person both H and I have decided on the Graco Alano Classic. 

***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Here's a question for STM+ in regards to this topic - I'm not trying to threadjack, it's related.

for those who chose different brands of carseat and stroller - how did you deal with the infant stage.  Did you secure the carseat to the stroller somehow, put the baby in the stroller, or some other solution?

I ask because we have a used stroller gifted and we'll need a new seat.  We've thought about getting a new stroller so the seat clicks and is secure, but I'm wondering if it's going to be worth the extra $ if I have something perfectly usable. 

TIA & I hope I'm not the only one with this question.

Yes, there are attachments you can buy to fit your car seat into the stroller.  My stroller has a bassinet and a seat (you switch out one for the other) and I plan to use the bassinet a lot at first.
  • firstkid said:
    car seat said:

car seat said:

I am sorry if my posts bother you. But what better are forums for? I am definitely post my question a million other times until I come to a conclusion and till i am satisfied. You always have the right o opt to answer or not. Anyways, thanks!
    Why would you post the same question over and over? It seems like an insult to the people that took the time to answer you the first time. 

chaseandchristian again

• firstkid said:
    car seat said:

car seat said:

Why would you post the same question over and over? It seems like an insult to the people that took the time to answer you the first time. 

chaseandchristian again

• I was pretty sure we wanted the BOB Revolution, and Britax car seat that can be used with it. So we went to BRU and drove it around the store. And every time I see someone with it, I seriously stop them and ask about it. I'm a stroller stalker! Every mom seems to love discussing it though.
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • We didn't know what we wanted until we made a trip to BBB. I was convinced I wanted the Britax side by side double stroller, but when I actually played around with a bunch I fell in love with the Joovy and realized the Britax would not have worked for us at all. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the britax b-ready and I don't LOVE it, but it works fine. (Is a little wide and hard to get through stores with) but I'm not buying a new one given we're on baby #3 and I love our double jogger that baby will be able to sit in when he's a little older.
  • This is LO number two for us and since DS will only be 23 months when his sister arrives, we needed a double stroller.  I bought a used city select off of craigslist.  We will use the same infant car seat as we did with DS:  cybex aton (it is very light).  I have purchased the car seat adaptor for the stroller so that I have a snap and go option.  For walks, however, I have the bassinet attachment.  I think people have made some really good points though:  budget will dictate what you can consider and it is probably best to go and try out some strollers and pick up the car seats (some are really heavy).  
  • amerk1107 said:
    I bought the Britax B-Agile stroller and the Britax B-Safe infant car seat. But I'm not looking at having baby number two till baby number one is out of diapers (this is a life goal for me). I picked the B-Agile over your traditional stroller because I always have issues with the two front wheels not going the direction they need to be in to go and the B-Agile is a lot like a jogger without being as bulky or having inflatable tires that I would have to worry about messing with, which is good for my active lifestyle. Plus as an added bonus the car seat I picked 'clicks' into place easily with the 'click n go' from the car into the stroller. That's the big reason I forked over the big bucks for the set I picked. But, really I just like the sleekness and safety that Britax offers. Personal opinion as a nanny for many years, I've always been quite pleased with the level of protection and portability of Britax products but, I could be bias. 

Thanks for your reply. When I tried these strollers at the store, I was concerned about the same - 3 tires vs 4 tires. There was this customer who stopped by and said " we got the graco modes click connect, and my brother returned his agile as it apparently tips over cuz there is no balance as its just one wheel in the front."Well, looks like I am gonna have to make another trip o he store. If nothing works.... Car seat and stroller frame are my backup to start off with.
  • I got the bob stroller with the britax car seat. Its light weight, easy to manuver!!! Love it!!!
  • I got Quinny Buzz Pram and Maxi Cosi car seat today! Got a good deal as well!! Bought it from mothercare online!
  • We got the uppababy vista, which has an adapter to fit the graco snugride carseat. I'm so excited to use it-- sometimes I just push the stroller around the house! Lol
  • @firstkid how does it tip over?
    I had the same question. We don't have an LO to put in it yet, but I have played around with our B-Agile and have had no indication that it would tip over. Seems sturdy, and very maneuverable.

May be when you accidentally bump into it from the side ( or some else does) it does not have a fourth wheel to keep it in place and balanced.
  • KA92013 said:
    We got the uppababy vista, which has an adapter to fit the graco snugride carseat. I'm so excited to use it-- sometimes I just push the stroller around the house! Lol

God! That's so funny ..I can only imagine how excited you must be. Wish i could afford a Uppababy ..they so darn expensive. May be sometime in the future ;)
  • I'd just like to add that from now on when you write posts could you please type words out? This isn't a text to your friend. "And" doesn't take any longer than "n".

Thanks.

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• How does it matter? As long as the message is understood ... Like you just did. And vs n ?
  • OTMFL said:
    @tally06 We already have a Peg Perego seat and are getting the City Select. When I looked online, it looks like just a strap is holding it on. Is that right? I was actually debating getting a Britax seat do that it would snap in securely.
    @OTMFL - sorry, yesterday was crazy busy and I never got back on here! We have the car seat adapter and it snaps into the actual stroller so it is more than just a strap. The car seat is very securely snapped in!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • firstkid said:

How does it matter? As long as the message is understood ... Like you just did. And vs n ?

Because we aren't your friends receiving your text. If you want serious responses type your question out like an adult.

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• JordyInIndyJordyInIndy member
    edited November 2013
    Bump burp