June 2014 Moms
Options

Boy oh boy!

Got our Harmony results back and not only did everything come back normal, but we found out we're having a boy! I have to be honest, I was a little bummed and started sob crying (hormones!) because I was hoping for a girl, but I'm still super excited to have a healthy baby in my tummy!

Re: Boy oh boy!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your healthy baby boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    Congrats! :)

image        image

• Options

Congrats !!! We got our results back today too! Baby is 100% healthy. They wrote down the sex in a sealed envelope that I'm taking to a local baker tomorrow who is making blue or pink filled cake pops for the whole family. We are all gonna find out together on thanksgiving. But the not knowing is killing me. I can't believe we have to wait the extra week when it's written down and right in front of me! But husband wants both our families there so we all find out together. (He originally wanted to wait to find out till delivery and this was our compromise).

Congrats again!!!

Thank you! I wanted to do something like the pink/blue cake but I just couldn't wait. Have fun finding out with your family!
  • Options
    Thanks! And congrats on your beautiful baby boy!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!! You will love having a son. It is so incredibly fun!

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Options
    Congrats on your healthy baby boy!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Options
    What's a harmony?
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your healthy baby boy :D
    Beatrice- bfp September 16 2013, born February 1 2014 died later same day.
  • Options
    Congrats on the little boy -- boys are a blast. I may be a little bias but nothing is better than knowing youll be that little man's first love. :)
    Ready or not here we go !

4-17-12 Baby boy
    8 - 9- 13 Angel Baby (9 weeks 5 days)
    6.10.14 Rainbow Baby EDD

• Options
    Congrats!

• Options
    I am so incredibly jealous!! still one month away from finding out :(

Congratulations!!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congratulations on a healthy baby boy!
    February Siggy Challenge - Picture of You and DH. Us with our engagement pumpkins. DH carved each word of "Will You Marry Me" and the date 10/11/12 into five dfferent pumpkins.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!! Little boys are awesome :D

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 1/23/13; US 1/28/13 Perfect Peanut @ 7w! So in love!; 2/23/13 Peanut Says Goodbye; 2/24/13 Natural MC at 11w

BFP #2: 10/5/2013; EDD 6/11/2014

image  image  image   image

The Fruit        The Countdown       My Chart    

• Options
    Congratulations on a healthy baby boy!

Anniversary

• Options
    Yay! Congrats!
  • Options
    I think it's crazy you can find out this early! Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Question: how accurate is the blood test? 50% or more? Can you start buying gender specific clothes and picking out a name? I've just never heard of finding out this early until recently. 
    imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!! I know what you said can be an unpopular opinion to express, but I love your honesty!! You'll be happy to have a boy in 14 years, if nothing else!!!
  • Options
    Yay!  Congrats!
    BFP 12/30/12...MC 1/13...TTC again 6/11/13...
    BFP #2 9/28/13....EDD 6/7/14

imagephoto 1a59b4ac-19a8-49a0-9708-9916e05c4da6_zps5a5904c3.jpgimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Awww congrats!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!! Very happy for you! You get to start Real planning now!! I can't wait!
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thanks all for the support! I'm getting used to the idea and have a great theme for the nursery picked out and I'm starting to find cute mini-man clothes. :)
  • Options
    MonaMuse said:

Congratulations!! Question: how accurate is the blood test? 50% or more? Can you start buying gender specific clothes and picking out a name? I've just never heard of finding out this early until recently. 

From what I understand, it's 99% accurate.

• Options
    Yasm33na said:

What's a harmony?
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your healthy baby boy :D

Harmony is one of the newer diagnostic tests that can detect chromosome issues such as Down syndrome with just a blood draw instead of amniotic draw like amniocentesis. Bonus is it also tells you the sex. You can take this test after 11 weeks. Most insurance companies aren't paying for it unless you get a bad rest from your NT scan, but we decided to pay out of pocket to have the piece of mind since it's has about a 99% accuracy rate.
  • Options
    do not be disappointed one bit!!!! oh my gosh I loooove my son and you will too. oh I can't even describe how great it is. congrats!!! I promise you will love being a boys momma! and besides, you get the special dance at his wedding someday :)
  • Options
    How much is the harmony test out of pocket?
  • Options
    Congrats!

SarahSmile01 - I love this idea and am stealing it. We find out on my birthday, so this will be my birthday cake!
  • Options
    How long does it take for the results to come in? I'm having this done December 16th :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! Being a mommy of little boys is awesome.

• Options
    crossfitkiwicrossfitkiwi member
    edited November 2013
    We paid about $600 out of pocket for the Harmony test. By the time I found out that I couldn't get the $200 deal for the Materniti21 (only for high risk under 35's) I was literally about to get my blood drawn. I'm a fan of too much information so for the peace of mind I'm glad we did it.
  • Options
    eao984 said:

How much is the harmony test out of pocket?

We haven't received the bill yet but it depends on how much the insurance will be. There are a few different companies performing the same test with different prices. Ask your OB and they should have an idea.

• Options

How long does it take for the results to come in? I'm having this done December 16th :)

They said 7-14 business days but ours were back in exactly 1 week. Took my blood Wednesday and got the call the next Wednesday.
  • Options
    Aww congrats! My husband really wants a boy and my brother and dad are also rooting for one.. So now that's what I'm hoping for as well! Little boys are so cute and they have such adorable baby boy clothes now :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                      DH and I in front of our first house - Aug 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"