Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

early risers

O geeze!! My kids are waking up at 5! DD 6 months old is waking up right at 5 & DS almost 3 yrs old wakes up at 5:30. They are napping good & all but DD is trying to fall asleep @ 6. I can usually keep her up till 7 but any later is almost impossible & not worth it. She gets soooo cranky. DS has been falling asleep on his own around 7:45. It would be ok if I could fall asleep that early but I can't. I'm usually up till almost 10 after cleaning up after dinner & everything.
Is anybody else's kids still on the old schedule?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: early risers

• Options
    My LO is asleep by 7:30/8 every night but she is a bit younger. My husband and I have always been people that go to sleep earlier than most, but LO getting up super early in the morning has always required an extra cup of coffee. She was awake at 5:15 this morning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kristykay123kristykay123 member
    edited November 2013
    Mine gets exhausted from daycare so she goes to bed between 7:30-8:30 so this means if I want sleep, I go to bed between 7:30-8:30 as well and wake up at 5am when she does.  It sucks but I feel like it will get better eventually.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kristykay123 your LO goes down at 730-8 and doesn't wake up until 5AM? This is my dream schedule! Since I am back at work I need to have LO awake by 6AM so I can feed him and get him dressed...otherwise he'd show up at daycare starving and that's not fair to anyone! He's so exhausted when he get home he is always out by 630 and he always wakes up in the MOTN for a feeding and no matter what is up again at 5AM. . The few times he's gone to bed at 8 (because he's napped when he gets home) he has STTN and woken at 5.
    ohhh no no no lol.  I WISH!  She wakes up between 1:30am and 2:30am like clockwork.  Then goes back down until 5am.  I should have mentioned that.  She's only slept through the night probably 3 times and I was awake the whole time because I was worried she wasn't alive from disbelief.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine goes down anywhere from 8-9 depending on his day. Then he is up between 5-7 am. It really depends on how late he goes down. 

• Options

I have an early riser.  To be fair, my alarm goes off at 4:00 a.m. for me to get to work anyway, so him waking at 3 or 3:30 to eat really isn't that bad for us.  Unfortunately, babies have no concept of weekends...

• Options

We have an early riser too. He is always up by 5 or 515 at the latest...and if he wakes up at 3AM for a MOTN feeding he won't go back down unless I am holding him the whole time. While I love the extra cuddle time- it's really not fun when you're back at work full time.

He is also in bed by 630PM. I can't keep him up any later. He is already on the verge of a freak out at that point.

This is mine exactly! going to back to bed at the 4am feeding is almost impossible. We do chest to chest sleeping. DH and I take turns.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"