November 2012 Moms
Options

First Year Photos

I was planning on taking M somewhere for first year photos, but they did "school" pictures at DC.  Traditional background from the belly up.  It came out cute (actually, she has kind of a serious face!)....do you think that's enough? Should I be doing the portrait session somewhere? My sister has a very good camera (I think it cost 1K) and I was going to have her take a picture of M on Saturday, her birthday.  Thoughts?! (I attached photo..sorry it's sideways!)

Re: First Year Photos

• Options
    I think it's cute and candids show so much more personality. Have your sister take some this weekend.
  • Options
    I'd think about having your sister take pictures and then make your decision.  The school picture is cute, but I like candid's too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is it "first year official picture" worthy? Anyone got some to share? Thanks for the compliments. :)
  • Options
    Love the school pic! I think candids are awesome. That said, we have a school pic and took him to Picture People for 1st birthday shoot. We also had them do cake smash pictures. They came out awesome. Money that didn't NEED to be spent, but I am happy that we did.
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'd have your sister take some. I mean what's the downside to having more pictures of that cutie?

• Options
    Ok...found some great coupons online for jcpenney portraits. So scheduled for Sunday and will first see how the candids come out sat. Thanks everyone !
  • Options

Photography is my hobby, so I just took ones myself.  But I did buy the ones from DC just to have.  I'm not going to waste my time going to a box studio to get them done, so I was glad they did them at DC.  The grandparents like them, but they aren't my style.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"