Success after IF

Milk Blister & Plugged Duct

I've had them since Sunday and it hurts so bad! Thank goodness the duct came unplugged but the blister is so painful! I nursed DS for a year and never had this happen. I've been using my APNO which helps but I think it just needs time to heal. :(
Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!

Re: Milk Blister & Plugged Duct

• Ouch! I can only imagine the challenges nursing two presents.

When I was nursing DS2 I had a blocked duct that just wouldn't get unstuck so I had all these really sore lumps. It was a couple weeks. I can't remember all that was going on, but I went in for a breast ultrasound ad that helped so much! The little ultra sonic waves work to break up the mass. I had two treatments and it was so helpful.

I really had to fight to get in to get the ultrasound though. he was like 11 mo so everyone was passing the buck. So worth the fight though if you have issues again.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Blocked ducts are the worst! I used to use hot compresses and pump like crazy til they came unblocked. NOT FUN. ((Hugs))
    Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I used lansinoh therapearls for heat.
    Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • OMG I had a milk blister with my son and it was horrible!  I actually went to the doctor and she tried to pop it with a needle which made it like a million times worse.  Eventually it just went away on it's own.  

I talked to a lac consultant about it and she sent me this link: https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/nipplebleb/ 
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• That sounds miserable!!!!! Glad it's getting better! I've had mastitis which was painful but never the blisters eek!!!!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• I actually have persistent milk blisters since M was 4 months, I had recurrent clogged ducts from 4-7 months (like multiple times a week). It was so bad that I thought about stopping BFing. I tried lecithin and it didn't work. Eventually the clogged ducts improved, down to 1-2x a month, but the blisters never went away. They don't bother me much and don't hurt much, but I have to peel off the top skin every morning in th shower, otherwise the skin grows back and the clogged duct comes back.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Soaking then in hot water (with Epsom salt if you have it) really helped me. And the bf board on TB is really helpful too. GL, I know how painful that is.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Saraevh said:
    OMG I had a milk blister with my son and it was horrible!  I actually went to the doctor and she tried to pop it with a needle which made it like a million times worse.  Eventually it just went away on it's own.  

I talked to a lac consultant about it and she sent me this link: https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/nipplebleb/ 

Thanks, @Saraevh! This is the article I read online too. I think the advice is helping but slowly.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

• pb_bride said:
    I actually have persistent milk blisters since M was 4 months, I had recurrent clogged ducts from 4-7 months (like multiple times a week). It was so bad that I thought about stopping BFing. I tried lecithin and it didn't work. Eventually the clogged ducts improved, down to 1-2x a month, but the blisters never went away. They don't bother me much and don't hurt much, but I have to peel off the top skin every morning in th shower, otherwise the skin grows back and the clogged duct comes back.

OMG, @pb_bride! I cannot imagine! You are my hero for sticking with it!
    Unexplained Infertility

TTC #2

• Oh no. Sorry mama. Cant imagine the pain you are in. Hope you get some relief soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"