2nd Trimester
Options

Baby shower registering

sparkles98sparkles98 member
edited November 2013 in 2nd Trimester
For those if you that did register where did you? I want to register at Target for some things and Babies R us for more things. But I am thinking people will be drawn to Target and won't look at my registry at babies r us. Should I just register at one then? Or should I register at both? My thought is target is all over and there are far less babies r us locations. What do you ladies think? I'm pretty sure I'll find way more to register for at babies r us.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby shower registering

• Options
    I went with buy buy baby and babies r us. Each store as different items. I was originally going to go with target but heard nothing but awful things regarding their return policy , plus they only have 2 isles of baby stuff in store so you would be having everyone shop for your stuff online. I am a very hands on person so I wanted to be able to see what materials all of my things are made of (but that's just my preference)....babies r us is offering up to $200cash back on purchases off of your registry, so they have a great incentive. Also, buy buy baby (if you have one close to you) allows you to use bed bath and beyond coupons and whatever isn't purchased off of your registry you get 20percent off ,no coupon necessary. Hope this helps!!!!
  • Options
    Register for things you love. I've been to a million showers and if there is not a store by me, I order online. Another incentive - Babies R Us is having a registry promotion right now - so go for it. :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    amy1416 said:
    I went with buy buy baby and babies r us. Each store as different items. I was originally going to go with target but heard nothing but awful things regarding their return policy , plus they only have 2 isles of baby stuff in store so you would be having everyone shop for your stuff online. I am a very hands on person so I wanted to be able to see what materials all of my things are made of (but that's just my preference)....babies r us is offering up to $200cash back on purchases off of your registry, so they have a great incentive. Also, buy buy baby (if you have one close to you) allows you to use bed bath and beyond coupons and whatever isn't purchased off of your registry you get 20percent off ,no coupon necessary. Hope this helps!!!!
    I registered at Babies R Us because of the promotion.  I also registered at Target because they had some different items that I liked better than BRU.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We did both. People will shop at whichever they prefer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have this same dillimma! Hubs mom works for Wal-Mart and really wants us to register there. Also where his family lives there is no Buy Buy Baby or BRU anywhere near them!! I love Buy Buy Baby and want to only register there but I'm so torn due to family location. I do agree that there is online ordering and I'm kinda leaning toward doing what I want ant not worrying about others...
  • Options
    I registered at Buy Buy baby (great customer service and return policy & they take Bed Bath Beyond coupons and competitor coupons), but I'm also registering at BRU.
  • Options
    I'm going to suggest a BabyList. Then you can have the whole internet as your registry. I love it! Go to https://www.babyli.st. You will get a unique web url to give friends and family. Your web page can be private (password protected) if you chose. You install an "add to Baby List" button on your browser bookmarks bar, and whenever you see anything on the internet you like (on BRU, Etsy, Amazon, anywhere), you click the button and it displays the item on your baby list. On the list it tells people what item you want, the price, and places they can buy it. When someone wants to get you something, they click a "reserve it" button, and it gets taken off the list. Your friend/family member can then go to wherever they want to purchase your gift. You can also import registries from other stores that you have already setup. Its so versatile, and I love that you aren't bound to one or two stores, and those buying for you can have the freedom to chose their store as well.
  • Options
    You can also register for things like favors (homecooked meals, house chores, you name it). We all know sometimes all you want is someone to do your laundry and cut the grass. Now you can ask for that! 
  • Options
    krisfits said:
    You can also register for things like favors (homecooked meals, house chores, you name it). We all know sometimes all you want is someone to do your laundry and cut the grass. Now you can ask for that! 

This is as tacky as a honeymoon registry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I registered at both places. I personally have never had a problem returning things at target and it is super convenient for everyone and I like their selection. BRU has an even bigger selection but their stuff is more expensive than the same thing at target. But they have more in-store so I registered at both places ;;)
  • Options
    Its certainly not for everyone. I've seen this be very useful for people who have large, involved families that live close-by. Its also a way for tween/teens to help that may not have the the cash for a gift still be able to help and contribute. I can see how it may come off as tacky, but I guess it just depends on the person and situation. 
  • Options
    My baby registry is solely on Amazon.com, but the reason being is that my husband and I live across the country from our families. It's easier if shipping the item is already an expected part of the process and that the shipping costs will be reasonable. Plus, Amazon Prime, baby! Cheaper for our family and friends as the vast majority of them are Amazon Prime members. 
    3 early losses in 2013, but so thankful that our first baby boy is due 3/29/14! <3

Maximilian Hunt
    Born 3/19/14  //  7lbs 7oz  // 20.25in
  • Options
    spano41spano41 member
    edited November 2013
    I'm doing Amazon because you get 15% back up to $500 through Amazon Mom which is way better than the BRU deal.  Plus you can put anything on there from outside website similar to babylist.com (you only get the 15% back for things sold through Amazon though).  The other thing I like about Amazon is that there is an option for people to check things off the list if they bought them from another store.  For instance, you don't want to buy something online and have it shipped so you go to BRU or Target and buy that item and then tell the Amazon registry you bought it somewhere else.  That feature is also good if you can find a price cheaper on a different website or something.  The only thing that is a downside, is you can't go to a store and have them print out the registry, you have to either do that before you leave the house or have a smartphone.  You also have to be able to use the internet which is difficult for some people (ie. grandparents).

Edit: Max award is $500 not $1000
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I registered only at Target. I just couldn't see registering at more than one store due to the fact that I would most likely just be choosing the same things at both stores.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"