Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

City Mini Double - Is the GT worth it?

I checked out the City Mini GT (can't find a floor model of the double at our local stores) and loved the steering and the air-filled nubby tires.  Does anyone with a toddler and a baby (on the way or already born) have an opinion about which of these two models is better.  I think the GT is heavier, which cuts against spending the extra money. But the handling seemed smoother.  I was by myself and in a hurry when I tried it, so I haven't had a chance to try the fold.

Re: City Mini Double - Is the GT worth it?

• Options
    I think the GT is worth it because I do think it makes the stroller easier to push.  I am on a Facebook stroller group and a lot of people there have also been raving about the Valco Snap Dual. It pushes very well and is only 22lbs.  I think Valco also plans to release air tires for it in the future if you want those.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    Hmmm, I think it depends on where you will be using it.  We mostly use ours on pavement/flat surfaces so just the regular city mini is fine and we have no steering issues at all- even with DS in there and he's almost 6!  But if you think you will be using it on uneven surfaces then yeah, I'd go for the GT.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you plan on using it on rough terrain like trails and sand, then yes.  Otherwise the regular one works just fine.  I can push mine through grass, gravel and snow with no problems.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I think there is a slight difference in maneuverability between the regular double and GT. The wheels do make a difference. The big thing for me was the adjustable handle bar bc DH is 6'3'' so we went with the GT. So worth it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the regular city mini double and I love it. I have never had an issue with maneuvering it. However, we went on vacation a few months ago and instead of bringing our stroller I rented the GT double at our destination and I loved it even more. It handled slightly better(especially on uneven terrain) and I really liked the hand brake and adjustable handlebar. You can't go wrong with either but I slightly prefer the GT.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ebp913 said:

I think the GT is worth it because I do think it makes the stroller easier to push.  I am on a Facebook stroller group and a lot of people there have also been raving about the Valco Snap Dual. It pushes very well and is only 22lbs.  I think Valco also plans to release air tires for it in the future if you want those.  

Oooh, a stroller group?!
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    Oooh, a stroller group?!
    Yes... it's an addiction.  If you want the info I'll give it you but I warn you now that your wallet will be in trouble!  PM me if you want the link. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"