January 2013 Moms
Options

Talk to me about dairy.

So far my LO has only had the dairy in his formula, save for one tiny piece of cheddar cheese he stole from my plate once. I have been avoiding it because i have lactose issues, and he already has difficulty with BMs. Am i way behind on introducing it? I have noticed a lot of people talking about how much their kiddos loves cheese and yogurt, and i am wondering if i am being too paranoid on this one. We have let him have everything else in moderation, meats, eggs, fruits, pasta, rice, all veggies pretty much save for spicey things. I just leave adding dairy til, the last step with whatever i make for us right now and give it to him before that addition. Would you start trying to work it in? Or wait? My husband and mom think i am being a tad ridiculous and i am starting wonder..

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: Talk to me about dairy.

• Options
    Meh, if you are being ridiculous it doesn't sound like it's causing you any trouble. And I don't think it will harm your baby to wait awhile. JMO. :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our pedi recommended no dairy of any kind until she's a year. I know lots of others are introducing dairy already without problems, but since DD adamently refused cheese or yogurt anyway, I decided to go with the pedi's recommendation.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We introduced Yogurt and cheese at 6 months and I feel like that was the right choice for my family.  If we had a history of allergies I probably would have held off until closer to a year, there really is no right or wrong on this in my mind.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    We give DD cheese without problems but I you have to be comfortable with your choices. I don't think it'll hurt to wait. I'm waiting on mango because it sort of makes my throat itchy, I don't even think I'm allergic to it, but I'm worried about giving it to DD. Irrational or not...
  • Options
    Lactose intolerance tends to develop as one gets older so I don't think your child will have an issue with it.  I too was wondering if we should wait until 1 or not for other reasons.  Thanks for posing this question. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've introduced yogurt around 7mo but that's the only dairy DS has had aside from the cheese in his puffy things- I don't see a need to rush to introduce it.  Plus, DS has only recently gotten used to chunkier food.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"