March 2012 Moms

Ordered my crib conversion kit..

It's always been a pain to get this conversion kit as you can only get it from the manufacturer and it's rarely ever in stock when I have the spare money to get it... but I just ordered it.  I have no worries about  him falling out .. since he rarely ever sleeps in his crib anyway lol.  I just decided it was time to convert it and give him the choice of climbing into his own bed or climbing into ours. Our bed is pretty high and  he climbs on and off that as easily as he does the lower one in his room which has the slat system and no box spring..and he never gets out of bed in the middle of the night .. so far !! lol

His crib is still in our room  but he sleeps in my bed and I figured it was time he started to at least try and sleep solo.. or maybe I just decided it's time I didnt get kicked in the head by a wriggly toddler who likes to sleep upside or across the bed lol.  Depending on how he does with it  I'll think about transitioning him to his own room .. the problem is he is a spoilt little rat who likes a big bed so even if he goes to his own room I would lay bets he will  want the Full size bed not his crib.. but we'll see. 

Worst comes to worst I can just sell his crib  or convert it to a full and sell the conversion kit.

Doesn't hurt to give him the choice and see what he decides.  I'm pretty sure lack of space is half the reason he won't sleep in his crib for more than a few hours at a time... so this will be inetersting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ordered my crib conversion kit..

• Well our situation is different because he is not used to sleeping in a crib or small bed to begin with.. lol he is spoilt
  • Good Luck! DS recently migrated back to our bed. I think he is picking up on the baby vibes. He did sit in HIS bed for a while last night and jabbered to himself. Maybe he's talking himself back into it!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Zimger said:
    Good Luck! DS recently migrated back to our bed. I think he is picking up on the baby vibes. He did sit in HIS bed for a while last night and jabbered to himself. Maybe he's talking himself back into it!

LOL... my kid will sleep ANYWHERE .. except his crib.  quilts on the floor, sofa, our bed or the full size in his room... but his crib... that is extremely hit n miss for naps.  I am hoping this new DVD will do the trick, it has changed his whole demeanour for bedtime and I get the best cuddles now instead of a wrestling match with a Mini Hulk Hogan.  It cost me under $5 and if I had had to pay $25 for it I would have lol.

If anyone has Amazon Prime the first 3 episodes are on there... we only bought the DVD so I could use it in his room, or when we weren't home.  Usually we watch it on Amazon prime in the front room.

Sweet Dreams Lullabies Music And Art Episode 1,2 & 3  ..and I know there is always a big debate about kids and TV..but he learnt to say fishy fish fsh watching these and says beep beep when the car comes on... so that is an added bonus on top of the sleep factor.

• DS loves to go to sleep to a movie or music. I try to encourage music but he also likes the Classical Baby videos. When I can I try to get him to sleep with music. We use the Lullaby Renditions Series. He likes Bob Marley and The Cure.

I try not to worry to much about TV time as we spend the majority of our day on other activities (with the exception of Thomas the Train). I'll have to look up the ones you suggested.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just this last Friday we started working on getting dd to sleep in her bed, in her room. She has slept with us ever since leaving her bassinette. Even with with the side rail she has rolled out every night around 2:30. (I have pillows, and my old boppy on the floor to cushion the blow.) Last night she actually slept in there until 4 and I was so proud of her.

I think it has been harder on me than her because she expects me to cuddle up with her in her bed to read a book, and until she falls asleep. I'm 5'7" so let's just say I'm all cramped up. So, I have to tuck and roll to get out. My back and knees have definitely been aching.
    Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"