January 2013 Moms
Options

Fun Christmas Chat

I am having th shittiest of days (yes, it's only 9:30 here...), so let's talk about something awesome!

What are you getting/have you gotten for LO (or SO, or your mom, whoever) for Christmas? Which gift are you most excited about? If you've already purchased gifts, how are you keeping yourself from playing with them early?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fun Christmas Chat

• Options
    I'm basically done with DDs Christmas shopping and I'm thinking that was a stupid idea, haha. I actually wrapped stuff last night because I couldn't keep myself from opening things and letting her use them now. I am most excited about her My Pal Violet. I wasn't going to get it, but I showed it to her and she freaking lit up and starting babbling at her so...yeah. It's gonna be a long month.
  • Options
    We got the Violet (or whatever the boy version is called) as well. He was on sale at Target a few weeks ago so we picked it up. Besides that just some smaller books, ducks (his favorite animal) and some wooden blocks. We're looking into getting some 'little people' play sets coming up here as well. That's more than enough since Grandma buys something every time she goes to Costco...

Actually maybe we'll save the 'little people' for his first birthday now that I think about it. It's only a couple weeks after Christmas anyways.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We also got the Disney little people castle and people. Grandma got her the Klip Klop stable. We got some more balls. I want to get her a huge tent and tunnel set with a ball pit that I saw in the one step ahead catalog. I honestly can't remember what else as it is all in a room in a pile. I just have to figure out what to give for Christmas and what to keep for her birthday.
  • Options
    My daughter has Violet and she loves it!! Good job, mama!
    martha919 said:

I'm basically done with DDs Christmas shopping and I'm thinking that was a stupid idea, haha. I actually wrapped stuff last night because I couldn't keep myself from opening things and letting her use them now. I am most excited about her My Pal Violet. I wasn't going to get it, but I showed it to her and she freaking lit up and starting babbling at her so...yeah. It's gonna be a long month.

Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    Haha, thanks @DCKate. :-) She's very stingy with her affections so I knew there was no getting out of that one. Usually when I show her a toy or something at the store she just stares at it, looks at me, and continues people-watching.
  • Options
    My dad bought DD the my dog scout (boy version of violet). She seems relatively interested in it. The funny thing is he bought it overseas, so it has an English accent. When I hooked it up with my computer and chose all the favorites for DD, I put my country as Canada. Now it sings and talks in an English accent, but says things like her favorite food, animal, and name in an American accent. So it's kind of a split personality toy lol.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    we haven't gotten her anything yet, well, except for a doc mcstuffins christmas board book...she LOVES doc mcstuffins...
    i don't know what we're going to get her, i'm guessing not a lot...her birthday is in a month (from today!!!!!!) so we'll probably buy her something little for her birthday and christmas...i know both sets of grandparents are ready to spoil her...so i don't want to go overboard...
    i really like that little people klip klop stable...i want to play with it...i have some things (not a lot) pinned for her that i like...i also want to get her (or someone can) a tunnel thing to crawl through, one with maybe like a tent attached...not sure why the one i saw is 3+? but she loves to crawl through tight spaces (like if i'm sitting on the floor leaning on the couch, she needs to go behind me right then and there)....so i think she'd get a kick out of a tunnel thing....but i also just love all the little people things..my sister got her the princess pack last year from target, but i haven't broken those out yet...she doesn't know, maybe i can just wrap those up for her? hmmm....
    she does need clothes though, which is boring, but at 1, what does she know from anything, right? 
    i really just want to buy her everything, but even though we now have a bigger house, that doesn't mean we can get her lots of stuff, and my sister bequeathed us with all her kids old toys...so we have that too....

• Options
    I snagged the LP Farm and Home for $8/each and then the LP Klip Klip Princess castle for $15 (thanks FP coupons, Amazon PM and Target coupons!). I plan to get the Princess Songs castle at Meijer on BF ($28, but also have $10FP MF coupon)...but that might be overkill. We'll see. We'll also be snagging a cozy coupe -- either from WalMart on Friday when their pre-BF sale goes live, or from TRU on actual BF. 

DH and I aren't really spending much on each other this year -- we just moved, and rather than buy each other things we kinda might sorta want, but not really -- we're putting the money together toward broader home improvement projects that are far more costly (and more long-term rewarding!). I can tell you this -- I will not be sad when I don't have to pick up a paintbrush again! I've single-handedly painted a kitchen, 2 master bedrooms, 2 master bathrooms, 2 guest baths, a living room, a family room....all over the past few months. I'm painted OUT. Not to mention the fact that I'm still attached to this blasted pump every 3 hours! That is not conducive to painting. But, I digress....

Since we spent all holidays in the NICU last year, I think DH and I are going to struggle to rein it in -- I think we feel like we need to squeeze two Christmases out of this year, after how non-fun it was last year!
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We are having a cozy coupe wrapped like my dh racecar, baby girl will love it. For us, I am filling 6 envelopes with cash and a date idea, for example 20 bucks and write movie theater inside, and he is doing the same with his 6, we will then pick one the 1st of every month and schedule our mommy daddy date night, I can't wait!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got DS's Christmas and BDay presents over a month ago.  A local toy store was moving, so they were discounting stuff big time before the move, so I snatched up a bunch of Melissa and Doug wooden toys for DS.  I figured I'd give him one for Christmas, one for his BDay, and keep the rest in my closet for later.  I've also picked out his ornament (I want to give him an ornament each year), and I need to pick out some Christmas PJ's for him to wear to bed Christmas Eve, so he's all cute on Christmas morning opening presents.  We are starting a new tradition: Christmas Eve is always spent traveling 1-2 hours away, and it can be a late night, so before we head out to see the relatives, DS, and any other kids we may have, will get to open one present which will be Christmas PJ's and a new movie.  Then when it's time to leave the Christmas Eve party, they can change into their new PJ's and watch their new movie on the way home.  He'll probably get a new diaper and a new bath toy in his stocking.  Oh, I also want to find a cute hat for him to wear to church on Christmas morning with his outfit my mom picked out.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options
    So far for DD we have a zany zoo, FP nativity set and wise men, little people castle, FP rockin' giraffe, a mega blocks set, B. snug bugs, B. cars and a book.  I still need to buy her an ornament, stocking stuffers, a toy organizer and probably a few more things.  We are moving in a couple weeks so it helps to remember that closed boxes are easier to move, so it is easy to keep things packaged.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @2013mommy thanks. :-) Not really, but tomorrow will be better.
  • Options
    We have all of our gifts already! Getting mail here during the holiday season is hard so we decided to get it done early. Our tree is up and gifts are wrapped, well one of my presents from DH arrived crushed so we're getting a replacement and DH isn't as good at buying me gifts as I am for him so my only gift under the tree... I bought for myself. He ordered a few more things though!

DD got a lot of books, I wrapped clothes in size 12 month that I'd already purchased and I got her baby TOMS. I got her another pair of TOMS for her birthday and a few more books. 

DH got a kimchi making kit, a cast iron pizza stone, cast iron garlic roaster and a whiskey decanter.

I got a pair of TOMS wedges. I'm having a really hard time leaving them wrapped under the tree! Usually DH & I give gifts right away and don't hold onto anything but now that DD is here we're trying to wait!

We sent a bunch of random gifts from the Philippines to our families, the wooden serving dishes from the Philippines are the best. I sent mostly clothes for my nephews but I also sent some books and legos from Amazon.
  • Options

We aren't doing a huge Christmas this year. We're in the middle of moving right now and it's been a huge expense. Not to mention that we make settlement on our current house in the beginning of December but don't go to settlement on our new house until the end of January so we'll be living with my in-laws during Christmas. The more we buy for Christmas, the more we have to move out of their house a month later.

We're following the "something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read" theory for LO. I got him a MegaBlocks dump truck with some blocks, some jammies and some books. I'll grab some puffs or something for something he "needs". I want to keep Christmas small with him while we can. Besides, I know the grandparents will go crazy and spoil the hell out of him ;)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"