Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Blankets?

When did you start covering LO up with blanket at night?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Blankets?

• Once I knew she could roll around and get herself it of it. I still used breathable blankets for a few months after.
  • Thanks! I'm less concerned with the safety issues (I'm confident he could get himself uncovered) and more concerned that it will distract him and he'll end up playing with it instead of sleeping! Hahaha He's a tummy sleeper, so should I just lay it over his butt he has sticking up in the air? ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • cedentoncedenton member
    edited November 2013
    A few days ago, so nearly 15 months old. He keeps it on for a while, but not all night. He rolls around too much.

• Since 10 months when he could roll easily and we noticed that he really liked to snuggle up to soft things.  Now he sleeps with no less than 4 blankets in the crib...he doesn't play with them and rarely stays covered up but he likes to snuggle with them or lay on top of them.
  • DD does gymnastics all over her bed at night so a regular blanket doesn't do much good. I just started using the Halo Early walker wearable blanket with the feet holes. I thought she would hate it, but she actually seems to love it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I started a few months ago.  He stills wears the sleep sack though as he moves around a lot and the blanket comes off of him. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Several months ago for us.  I started with a hand knit one that was a gift and had very large openings.  Now we use a quilt that was made for him.  Most nights he doesn't stay under it, but we do put it on him when we put him down for the night.  Yesterday I went in to wake him to go to daycare and he was sleeping under it with his feet out.  Too cute.  I try to at least use footie pjs this time of year in case he doesn't stay under the blanket for the night.
  • Could someone link to one of the wearable blankets with foot holes?
  • DS still uses the sleepsack (although I need to get the ones with foot holes too). But I also give him a blanket but he holds it instead of it covering him. Also notice he ends up using the bundled up blankets as a pillow. I believe it's the same brand as the halo sleepsacks...they offer ones with the foot holes for walkers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"