Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Recommend your sippy

I was really late to introduce one and she just does not get it. She doesn't understand tilting it. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your sippy

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We skipped sippy cups and went straight to straw cups at 4 months. We use the playtex ones, the same as the one PP has linked. We like them a lot. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS does better with the straw cups as well. My question to other moms using these: Do you hVe tips to making sure the straw gets cleaned well? So far I only give him water in the straw cups, but it seems like milk and juice would be hard to make sure the INSIDE of the straw gets cleaned.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have the OXO sippy cup, started at 7 months, took DS 2 wks to figure out how to drink from it. Took another 2-3 months before he learned to tilt it. Now he drinks out of it like a pro! We only do water in his OXO sippy. We use life factory glass bottles form milk. They come with sippy sprouts that screw onto the glass bottle. We didn't introduce them until DS was drinking well from his OXO sippy.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My DD had the same issue. We used a straw cup instead and she took right to it.

It wasn't until she was like 2 that we tried a cup without a straw or spout, when she understood "upside down." When we told her to hold the cup "uppy down," she got the tilting bit right away.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• My DS does better with the straw cups as well. My question to other moms using these: Do you hVe tips to making sure the straw gets cleaned well? So far I only give him water in the straw cups, but it seems like milk and juice would be hard to make sure the INSIDE of the straw gets cleaned.
    We got this straw cleaner (https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/Mom-in-vented-Sippy-Straw-Cleaner-by-Ginsey/1040811925?Keyword=straw+cleaner) like 6 months ago and have been using it ever since. Well worth the 3 dollars to make sure the straws get clean in my opinion. I use the straw cups for both water and breastmilk for DD with no concerns.
    Same here. I think the straw cleaner I got came with the Dr Brown bottles long time ago. I usually run the straw cleaner and then boil it when I am cleaning my pump parts...I don't know if it's necessary, the dish washer is probably sufficient enough but I still boil it...
  • Yup, just go for the straw cups!  Sippy cups are actually not meant to be used long term... They were made to be a transitional tool to get from the bottle to an open cup.  A lot of people use them forever though, which isn't good for teeth, oral/motor skills, language development, etc.  Our favorite straw cups are the Thermos Foogo and the Munchkin Click Tops
  • Wonderful! Thank y'all so much. I really appreciate it!

BabyFruit Ticker

• We've tried the straw cup with DS and he's 11 months old. And he doesn't get it too much. He'd rather just chew on it than drink it. But we've used the Nuk Active Cup and he loves it! He only likes the soft spout ones, and wont drink out of a hard spout. But i love it, easy to clean, and interchangeable if you use Nuk bottles :) 
  • We love the Zoli Bot straw cups. The straw is weighted so it goes right to the liquid. they also sell replacement straws, which is nice. We used those playtex ones at first, but they started to smell funky after a short while. DD only drinks water out of them, so I don't know if they'd be good for milk.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"