April 2014 Moms

If you choose not to vaccinate...

PLEASE tell your child that they haven't been vaccinated! DH is 23 and just found out TODAY that he's never had a vaccination, ever.

I really don't care if you decide to fully vaccinate, partially vaccinate, delay vaccinations, or not do them at all, but I feel like people ought to at least know where they stand. My mom passed on my shot record to me at 16 and told me it was my responsibility from then on.

Knowledge is power people. Just another example of why my inlaws make me c-r-a-z-y.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."

Re: If you choose not to vaccinate...

• Now thats a post I can completely agree with!!

My DH has no idea about his medical history. No idea about vaccination (apart from adult ones obviously), he doesn't even know his blood type!! - though maybe I come from a weird family but I have always know my blood type!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • He was homeschooled until 4th grade and then I guess they got a religious exemption.

We were just talking vac's to our doc yesterday and I told DH we would both need DTaP (is that right? i can never remember if it's that or TDaP... lol) boosters before the baby comes and he said he had no idea when or if he's ever had a shot except for allergy shots. I told him he needed to ask his mom to hand over his shot record immediately.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
  • Tdap I think. Holy shit! Thanks for the info, parents!
  • People without vaccinations can go to school. And college. Unless they went in WVA or MS. In all other 48 states they can go with not one single vaccination on board. 

(and who knows when WVA and MS started their mandatory vax for schooling... could have been recent enough that it didn't matter when Mr Pineconey was in school)
    That's crazy is that new?
    I feel like I was sent home one year until I got one of my vaccinations I wasn't allowed back in school..
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• People without vaccinations can go to school. And college. Unless they went in WVA or MS. In all other 48 states they can go with not one single vaccination on board. 

(and who knows when WVA and MS started their mandatory vax for schooling... could have been recent enough that it didn't matter when Mr Pineconey was in school)
    Not necessarily. DH couldn't register for classes at the university this semester until he submitted a current immunization record and got his tetanus booster. I mean, maybe he could have filled out some sort of declination waiver or something, but he was told he had to

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What the fuck. He needs to go to his doctor and FIX THAT SHIT.
  • Now you can waiver, back then I thought you could not. Still, he should have KNOWN lol. Time to fix that if he chooses!

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Tdap and wow omg how crazy!!!
  • We've had this talk too now that we have a LO coming, and my SO has NO CLUE what vaccinations he has or has not had. Greeeaaat.
  • avidkeo said:
    Now thats a post I can completely agree with!!

My DH has no idea about his medical history. No idea about vaccination (apart from adult ones obviously), he doesn't even know his blood type!! - though maybe I come from a weird family but I have always know my blood type!
    I didn't know my blood type until about a month ago :/ 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • But can he not remember not being vaccinated. I mean I obviously don't remember being vaccinated before a certain age but I remember getting shots as a kid. I
  • He went/goes to community college so I don't think they ask about immunizations. His parents are super weird about so many things, this shouldn't have even surprised me.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • aviola329 said:
    avidkeo said:

I still don't know my blood type :/ I could probably ask my OB though. I would imagine its in my file given how many times they've drawn blood right?
    Yeah, I know I've been told what my blood type is but I can never remember it. I figure it's in my files, right?
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Only reason I remember my blood type was because my OB told me when I was pregnant with DS "You've got the very best kind for a teacher like yourself...A+" and it stuck!

• You definitely need a waiver to attend (public) school without certain vaccinations. I've had many students sent home because the records were not on file.
  • rtv3 said:
    aviola329 said:
    avidkeo said:

I still don't know my blood type :/ I could probably ask my OB though. I would imagine its in my file given how many times they've drawn blood right?
    Yeah, I know I've been told what my blood type is but I can never remember it. I figure it's in my files, right?
    Your OB should check your type at some point during your pregnancy if you have a negative blood type (RH-), then you will need to receive the Rhogam shot around 28 weeks.
  • Yah they definitely check your blood type as part of the whole rh+/- thing. You should ask if you don't know because it's worth knowing, just in case!
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pineconey said:
    PLEASE tell your child that they haven't been vaccinated! DH is 23 and just found out TODAY that he's never had a vaccination, ever. I really don't care if you decide to fully vaccinate, partially vaccinate, delay vaccinations, or not do them at all, but I feel like people ought to at least know where they stand. My mom passed on my shot record to me at 16 and told me it was my responsibility from then on. Knowledge is power people. Just another example of why my inlaws make me c-r-a-z-y.
    You better believe that I care if someone decides not to vaccinate. I agree that your DH should definitely have known, but the decision not to vaccinate does affect others so I feel like I have the right to care about it. It's a public health issue.

• pineconey said:

PLEASE tell your child that they haven't been vaccinated! DH is 23 and just found out TODAY that he's never had a vaccination, ever.

I really don't care if you decide to fully vaccinate,
    partially vaccinate, delay vaccinations, or not do them at all, but I feel like people ought to at least know where they stand. My mom passed on my shot record to me at 16 and told me it was my responsibility from then on.

Knowledge is power people. Just another example of why my inlaws make me c-r-a-z-y.

You better believe that I care if someone decides not to vaccinate. I agree that your DH should definitely have known, but the decision not to vaccinate does affect others so I feel like I have the right to care about it. It's a public health issue.

Calm down.

I said that I do not care. I did not tell you what to think. I'm not going to wear a badge telling you what effing vaccines I do and don't have.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • My blood type was one of the tests they did for my first appointment. The only reason i was really paying attention to it was the whole Rh factor thing and to figure out what blood type our baby would be. Turns out our baby can have any blood type with DH and my combo. I guess I never thought it was that important to know, if they are going to give you a transfusion or something they are going to test you first anyway.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • pineconey said:
    PLEASE tell your child that they haven't been vaccinated! DH is 23 and just found out TODAY that he's never had a vaccination, ever. I really don't care if you decide to fully vaccinate, partially vaccinate, delay vaccinations, or not do them at all, but I feel like people ought to at least know where they stand. My mom passed on my shot record to me at 16 and told me it was my responsibility from then on. Knowledge is power people. Just another example of why my inlaws make me c-r-a-z-y.
    /reading comprehension fail.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • pineconey said:
    /reading comprehension fail.

she must be one of those people who think to themselves "oh a post about vaccinations!  i must post my opinions as fact AND neglect to actually read what the OP said!!"

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • you lost me at "oh ill post my opinion"

insert *she doesn't even go here gif*
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• pineconey said:
    this wasn't an opinion thread.. she was making a statement.. thanks for stopping by though.

Oops, my bad for thinking that the Bump was a place where you could issue your opinions. Oh wait, it is. I agree with the OP's statement that you should let your kids know if you choose not to vaccinate them. And yes, I also used it as a place to voice my opinion about people who choose not to vaccinate. It's something that I'm very passionate about and don't mind inserting my opinion whenever the topic is discussed. People need to research more and realize the implications that non-vaccinating causes.

And by the way, yes, I do go here.

• TallaBTallaB member
    edited November 2013
  • @fireflygirl12   hey-guess-what: when you're obnoxious about your passions NO ONE LISTENS TO YOU.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • yes yes your bad for that.. all is forgiven though. 

• pineconey said:
    this wasn't an opinion thread.. she was making a statement.. thanks for stopping by though.

Oops, my bad for thinking that the Bump was a place where you could issue your opinions. Oh wait, it is. I agree with the OP's statement that you should let your kids know if you choose not to vaccinate them. And yes, I also used it as a place to voice my opinion about people who choose not to vaccinate. It's something that I'm very passionate about and don't mind inserting my opinion whenever the topic is discussed. People need to research more and realize the implications that non-vaccinating causes.

And by the way, yes, I do go here.

The point of the post wasn't to get your opinion on vaccinating you children. But, clearly you want to throw that out there whenever you get the chance. It's a personal decision. You took her post out of context and focused on the one aspect...

• yes yes your bad for that.. all is forgiven though. 
    Oh thank goodness. I was pretty worried.
  • i didn't want you loosing sleep over it.. :x

• i didn't want you loosing sleep over it.. :x
    she dreams of needles and a world where vaccines can cure all of our problems, of COURSE she needs her sleep!!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • pineconey said:
    i didn't want you loosing sleep over it.. :x
    she dreams of needles and a world where vaccines can cure all of our problems, of COURSE she needs her sleep!!
    Eh, not quite, but I appreciate the exaggeration.
  • its good to show appreciation… there are a lot of manners happening here tonight and i think thats something we should focus on.

• just so we're all clear, from now on we will be using the vaccination needle to tattoo on our bodies exactly which vaccines we have.  since it's a matter of public health, everyone should be able to identify those who have not been vaccinated against each and every disease the goverment manages to create a vaccine for.

those who do not have the proper tattoos shall be publicly shunned and shamed.  they will use separate restrooms, be educated in separate facilities (though the quality of education and supplies will be lower), and be denied most basic human rights until they comply with "full" vaccinations.

sounds great firefly, you've got my vote!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • pineconey said:
    just so we're all clear, from now on we will be using the vaccination needle to tattoo on our bodies exactly which vaccines we have.  since it's a matter of public health, everyone should be able to identify those who have not been vaccinated against each and every disease the goverment manages to create a vaccine for.

those who do not have the proper tattoos shall be publicly shunned and shamed.  they will use separate restrooms, be educated in separate facilities (though the quality of education and supplies will be lower), and be denied most basic human rights until they comply with "full" vaccinations.

sounds great firefly, you've got my vote!
    Actually....that's a HIPAA violation!! Guess we will never know who declines what vaccines! *cough* flu shot *cough*

• its good to show appreciation… there are a lot of manners happening here tonight and i think thats something we should focus on.
    Despite our difference in opinion, I have to admit that I kind of like you.
  • @tallab don't cough on me! i'm not getting a flu shot!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"