Natural Birth
Options

switching from hopstial to birthing center 29 weeks

I'm currently seeing a midwife at the hospital and she has been great so far. They don't offer water births, but do offer to let you labor in water. i thought at first that it would be fine and i would be okay with just laboring in the water. but the closer i get to my due date the more i feel i would like a water birth and now have considered a birth center who actually have water births and they are covered by my insurance as well. is it too late for me to switch?

Re: switching from hopstial to birthing center 29 weeks

• Options
    I don't think it would be too late to switch, but that would be more a question for the birth center.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think it's too late to switch, as long as they have room and can take you. I just switched to a midwife at a local hospital at 24 weeks. They have a labor tub that I'm looking forward to using. The midwife told me she'd prefer not to deliver in there (because the walls are so high and it makes it hard for her to see everything) but we can if I insist.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    jhs121jhs121 member
    edited November 2013
    Nope!  I switched at around the same time because after going thru the hospital classes I realized a hospital birth was not for me.  So, I found a midwife close to me that does home births and water births.  Luckily, she was able to squeeze me in for December.  You're only possible hang up would be she may already be booked up for your due date time.  Hope it works out for you!

We can't wait to meet you, our baby surfer GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517
  • Options
    I switched at 32w from an OB hospital situation to a birthing center where I had an amazing water birth. It never hurts to meet with the birthing center and ask.
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"