March 2014 Moms

(poll) STMs how far along were you when you delivered?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: (poll) STMs how far along were you when you delivered?

• 41 weeks when my water broke, no labor, c-section
  • edited November 2013
    40 weeks! Went in ON my due date with non consistent contractions and leaking fluid. Had all 10lbs 3oz - 21 1/2 inches of him at 2:26 am... So he ended up the day after his due date but not by much. Natural with epidural. Towards the end they had to put in some pitocin to kick my contractions up again but that's it!

Eta-- 2 days before I went in to be checked for the leaking fluid, I was having contractions. Dr sent me home to rest at 4 cm and 60% effaced. Thought that was interesting.
  • Loading the player...
  • Went in to labour on my own ( no induction) at 40w2d and had him 11hours later
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 39w1d scheduled c/s due to partial previa
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 39 weeks exactly, went into labor on my own. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • LolaX2LolaX2 member
    edited November 2013
    I am technically an April '14 mom and normally post there, but I lurk here as there is a good chance that I will have LO the last week in March. With my first my water broke and I went into labor at 36 weeks, then after 31 excruciating hours of hard back labor I end up with an emergency c-section. 

This time I am on weekly P17 shots to try to combat any PTL and will have a RSC between 36-37 weeks. I would much prefer it to be later but due to other high risk health concerns and I had a vertical incision to my uterus with the first one they are concerned about a uterine rupture if I go into labor...they will not let me go any later than 37 weeks. 
  • DD1 - 39w, induced starting the night before due to GD. She was born at 39w2d.

DD2 - 38w6d, induced due to GD and labor started from just cervadil (pit was added much later). She was born at 39w.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 37 weeks and 4 days appointment. They told me after Friday I could get up an walk. (Was on bed rest due to PTL due to severe SPD) They gave me a membrane sweep on that appointment and told me I was already 3cm dilated and 60% effaced and DS was at station -1. "You won't make it to 40 weeks" my midwife told me. 38 weeks and 2 days I went into labor due to having a small leak. Labored for 18 hours....

If anyone is interested here is my Birth Story.

https://nickiekellybaby.blogspot.com/2011/07/desmonds-birth-story.html
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• 39 weeks. Was in labor for 2 weeks before I have birth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• 37 weeks exactly. Water broke...went in and started pitocin because I was not dilated at all. Got to 1cm and dr said she was breech and did a c/s 20 min later. I felt one contraction and it was as they were inserting my spinal!
  • 41 weeks no sign of labor, had very little fluid and was induced, numerous fetal heart rate issues and a failed epi. Failed 16 hour induction, and did a csection.
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • Went into labour at 26+6 weeks. DS was born the next morning at 27 weeks exactly. It was a vaginal delivery after 17 hours of trying to prolong my labour! Had some morphine to try to slow down contractions, but no epidural. Since he was under 3 lbs I didn't have any tearing or other complications. He spent 9 weeks in the NICU. Not quite the delivery I was expecting, but so worth it to have my little man!!
  • 38w4d. I went into labor on my own but I was scheduled for an induction due to PIH the same day, and was augmented with Pitocin as scheduled since the contractions weren't as close together as they would have liked at the time.
        image  image

• 40w5d natural
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • babylimasbabylimas member
    edited November 2013
    Went into labor at 39w4d, active labor with very slow progression, and then had c-section at 39w6d. Missed my due date by an hour!

eta: water never broke. 
  • Water broke and went into labor on my own at 38.5 weeks. My labor was about 14 hours. I feel fortunate that I only had to push for about 15 minutes!
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Unplanned pregnancy July 2005; EDD 3/27/06; birthdaughter born 3/15/06 (38w2d) (placed for adoption).
    TTC since December 2012, BFP 6/25/13. EDD 3/2/14. Baby Elias born 2/21/14 (38w5d)!
  • 24 weeks & 5 days. What a crazy, scary ride. Emergency C-Section. Baby boy is a happy healthy 1 year old, and #2 is healthy as well! We're hoping to make it to 37 weeks with a planned C - Section this time!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  •  Brayden was a twin, and we lost his brother in utero. I also had a shortened cervix, & placental abruption which were all most likely the cause of his preterm labor. This time fingers are crossed and everything is perfect so far! @snow527

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Induced at 40w exactly for high blood pressure after being on bed rest from 34-37 weeks for early labor symptoms. Had regular contractions right up until 40w but never got any further than 3cm. He was born 40w1d
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • DD - 39 weeks, 2 days.  Went into labor naturally, wasn't augmented at all. 

DS - 41 exactly.  Also went into labor on my own and he was born at home so nothing helping me along there either :)
    imageimage 
  • 39 weeks - he was 3-4 days early. 30+hrs of labor... hours of pushing, which resulted in a c-section since my pelvis couldn't accomodate him.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Tickerimage

• 39wk scheduled c/s. This time I'm scheduled for 39+2 because 39 is on a Saturday. My OB was happy to schedule it for Saturday but we opted to wait until Monday.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• 38 weeks, 4 days. My water broke and I had been dialated to a 4 for a few weeks already. Induced with pitocin due to lack of contractions.
  • 40 wks 1 day with both girls. DD#1, spontaneous labor in the middle of the night. DD#2, I was walking around at 3-4 cm, so my midwife stripped my membrane, gave me some herbs and sent me on a walk. She was born 3 hrs later! I guess that still counts as natural labor, but it felt a little "induced."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Induced at 41 weeks, labored for 36 hours, pushed for an hour and a half, ended up with a c-section.  He was 9lbs 4oz, facing the wrong direction, and had his cord across his forehead, so he was pretty stuck and his heart rate dipped every time I pushed due to the cord being compressed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Butts31Butts31 member
    edited November 2013
    Dr decided to induce due to suspected macrosomia(large baby), went in at 39w2d, cervical gel started, next day pitocin, dd was born 39w4d at 0411 am, Natural with an epidural.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Went into labor on my own at 41w1d.  Noticed slight cramping around 4 in the morning, went to my scheduled appointment at the hospital at 8 (they were checking me every two days since I was overdue) and I was at a two.  DD was born about 15 hours later, drug-free.
  • went into PTL at 31 weeks, stopped it.

went into REAL labor (water broke...it was like a sitcom. Gushing doesn't even describe it) at 37w4d. Went with a c-section because of how baby B was positioned, but labor was fast. I was 7cms when I got to the hospital.
    photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Water broke at 38 weeks 1 day.

• 39 weeks 5 days when DD was born, 39 w 3 days when my water broke and I went into labor. Drug-free labor and delivery, 49 minutes of pushing, minimal tearing. That's the REALLY short version of my story. :)
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Baby 1 - bed rest from 28 weeks to 40 weeks due to PTL and IC.
    Induced at 41+4, 33 hours labour, epidural after 24 hrs, 3 hours pushing, born 41+5

Baby 2 - no issues, but since I was off work from 30 weeks on (contract ran out) I did a lot of resting and sleeping.
    Natural start to labour, 5 hours long, 10 minutes pushing, no drugs of any kind.

This one... I just hope I make it to the hospital.
  • I delivered at 38 weeks. I woke up at 5am with contractions. And by 8:30am went to the dr apt I had scheduled that day. And I was 5 cm. I had a wonderful labor very fast for a first baby. But not such a wonderful delivery.
  • 39 weeks, 4 days. Had been 3 cm dilated, 75% effaced for a week or so. Had my membranes stripped that morning around 10. Was a little crampy through the day, went into hard labor at 5. Got to the hospital at 6, was 5 cm. Got my epidural  around 9:30, checked right after and I was ready to push. Really wish they had checked me before so I knew how far along I was. Pushed for an hour or so, he was born at 10:38 that night. It was smooth, fast, and wonderful! Hoping for a repeat experience this time!

• I went into labor on my own at 39w4d. DS was born the next day after 10 hours of active labor.
  • 39w2d when my water broke and I started feeling contractions. 8 hours later exactly DD was born at 39w3d. 3 hours of that was pushing. Vaginal delivery with epi.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • @nickiechan great story! Made me tear up several times...
    image         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Induced just shy of 42 weeks :shudder: Had her med-free but not by choice.
  • I was induced at 39 weeks 5 days because my water was leaking.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"