September 2012 Moms

baby fat.

Sorry for the random post, but I've exhausted Google and thought someone here might know. How much fat per day should our kiddos be getting? I read 40-50g but wasn't sure if this was true.

DS has a dairy allergy so the info we got at his 12 month doesn't really apply. Since he only drinks rice or almond milk, I KNOW he's not getting enough and I can only shove so much guac and peanut butter down his throat. I bought some organic whole coconut milk in a bpa free can, but had to turn it into chocolate milk in order to not get a look of death from him.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: baby fat.

• Is he falling off his weight trajectory? If not, I wouldn't really worry about how much fat a baby should get, I have no idea, and just make sure he is eating what he can. Their growth slows so much and they thin out a lot around this age. If he is falling off his trajectory, you could always do a toddler dairy free formula to up his calories. My kids will eat anything wrapped in a Pillsbury crescent roll (dairy free), try adding another snack in his day like 2 snacks between lunch and dinner.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    Is he falling off his weight trajectory? If not, I wouldn't really worry about how much fat a baby should get, I have no idea, and just make sure he is eating what he can. Their growth slows so much and they thin out a lot around this age. If he is falling off his trajectory, you could always do a toddler dairy free formula to up his calories. My kids will eat anything wrapped in a Pillsbury crescent roll (dairy free), try adding another snack in his day like 2 snacks between lunch and dinner.
    This is what I was thinking too. I have no idea what either kid should be getting. I just offer balanced meals.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"