Toronto Babies
Options

Fathers & Parental Leave

Hi moms,

Does anyone know of any GTA or area couples who shared parental leave? I am a mom of 2 and PhD student doing my dissertation on fathers that take parental leave for at least 6 weeks. 

There is very little research in Canada about this trend and I seeking couples who would like to share their story and perceptions about the experience. The time commitment is somewhat lengthy (2+ hrs) but it would be a great help to me and to growing the academic literature on this subject. Plus I am sure you all know how easy (and interesting!) it is to discuss your kids and parenting choices. Also doesn't hurt that I will bring a bottle of wine (or dessert) as my thank you for participating.

Please feel to reply here, pm me, or email me at jbeglaubter@gmail.com if you or someone you know might be interested in participating. Many Thanks!

Judy Beglaubter

PhD Candidate

Sociology Department

University of Toronto

jbeglaubter@gmail.com

Re: Fathers & Parental Leave

• Options
    My husband will be taking 3 months parental leave but this is our first so I don't think I fit what you're looking for.

I just wanted to comend you on your work! Sounds interesting and good luck!
  • Options

Sorry for missing your reply. I am more of a lurker than a poster and I thought I would get a notification.

My only requirement for the research is that fathers took paid (EI) leave for at least 6 weeks. But I am hoping to complete the interviews by the end of January so it sounds like your husband may not have taken leave by then. Thanks anyways for your support and for taking the time to reply ;)

Judy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"