Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Is it safe to uses PNP this way?

I'm trying to figure out the safest way to use our pack and play. We have the standard PNP with the newborn napper and changing station. LO has outgrown the newborn napper and needs to sleep in the flat bottom part now. My question is, do we now need to remove the changing station since it will hang partially over where LO is sleeping? This may be a ridiculous question. FTM paranoia over here. Btw, not sure if we do intros on this board but I am 28, live in Nashville, new mom to a 6 week old baby boy.

Re: Is it safe to uses PNP this way?

• Options
    If he's not using it I would remove it.... You can always change his diaper other places. And welcome!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I don't have an answer to your question but noticed that you live in Nashville so I just thought I'd say hello! I work in Nashville but live a bit south of there! I have a 5 wk old son.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been wondering too...DS is close to outgrowing the napper. Does the manual say anything about it? I can't remember.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Options
    I would remove it if LO is sleeping in there at night.  If they are just napping, I would leave it.  My first slept in the PNP every night at first. She became quite the little mover.  You can always change a diaper on the bed with a towel down.  
  • Options
    Thanks guys! We use the changer so much I hate to remove it but it makes me nervous. A towel on the bed for diaper changes is a good idea. Might try it tonight. Hi @JarynA ! Nice to see another Nashville mom on here!
  • Options
    Doesn't yours have the bassinet feature that is a few inches lower than the top? That's what we've always used. The napper/changer never felt secure with DD1 and always tilted.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    My PnP makes it so you can hang the changing part over the side when not in use.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I removed it simply because it annoyed me to have to navigate DS down into the pnp between the mobile and the changer. I do miss being able to change him on it though. It's much easier on the back than changing him down in the pnp
    BFP #1 8/25/12 EDD 4/28/13 Blighted Ovum, D&C 9/20/12 at 8w6d. I'll always remember the first one. My baby Grace. BFP #2 12/26/12 EDD 9/4/13. DS born 9/7/13. My sweet rainbow.
  • Options
    I would remove it...better safe than sorry.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Is there a weight limit for the napper?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Options
    I'm not sure if there is a weight limit. My LO is pretty long though and likes to stretch his legs straight out when he sleeps.
  • Options
    I think the manual says to remove. You don't want anything over your LO, even if it is partial.
  • Options
    We removed ours just to be safe.
  • Options
    Does it fold out of the way when not in use? Ours folds so it's not over the baby but over the side. It'd an older model, so maybe they've changed it? If it doesn't fold, I would remove it.
  • Options
    We ended up removing it. Ours does not flip out of the way when not in use. Too bad though, that's a great idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"