New Jersey Babies
Options

NJ Baby and Toddler Expo - Has anyone here gone before?

Hi,
Just curious if anyone has gone to the expo before. What should I expect? Are there gift bags? Raffles? Give-aways? Or is it mostly a seminar based expo?
Thanks in advance ladies!

Re: NJ Baby and Toddler Expo - Has anyone here gone before?

• Options
    Hi I don't know where you live but are you talking about the expo "The Bump" 

I don't know anyone who gone but I was thinking about it but it's far from where I live.  

I'm planning to go to these two 
     & 

I don't know if they are worth it but i'm sure the goodie bags will have something that would be useful, I have nothing.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi, I went to the BigCity Moms event on May and it was GREAT! I'm attending again next month. I filled an entire plastic bin with all the freebies and I won a skip hop diaper bag. The tickets are pricey but you get your money's worth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Went to big city moms last night and purchased the ultimate ticket. If you include the stroller, I landed $1041 worth of stuff! That's $600 over the ticket price, plus I got my hair done, tons of treats and food and drink! I needed to purchase a stroller anyway, so it was perfect!
  • Options
    encoresaraencoresara member
    edited November 2013
    Do you guys think there are enough giveaways and things to make it worthwhile for twins? Sounds like a silly question I know but the stroller comment above made me think, it wouldnt be useful for multiples.

How do I find out when the next ones are?
    Fourth of July Baby, to be born from a Bicentennial Mama :D
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, you'll only get one of everything, unless company reps hear that you are having multiples... Maybe that would work. I can't vouch for other expos and events but it was enough at the big city moms event to get someone with multiples started.
  • Options
    I ended up going to the Biggest Baby Shower in NYC last week. In case anyone is curious, here are my two cents. Bought a standard ticket which included the bingo card. As long as you get 25 signatures on the card you pick up a gift bag when you leave. In all honesty, a lot of the stuff in the gift bag is junk. I was amazed at how generous some smaller/newer companies were in what they gave in the gift bag vs. some of the larger more established companies which were pretty stingy. Although the dollar value of the gift bag exceeded what I paid to get into the event, I wouldn't do it again. Besides the disappointing gift bag, a lot of the raffles were poorly run. Several vendors expected you to be present at the time of the drawing....otherwise they drew someone else's name. With 200+ vendors doing raffles, several of which expect you to be there at the end of he night for he drawing, it really means you not only have to be lucky enough to get your name pulled but also lucky enough to somehow pick the raffle you attend where they pull your name. I thought that was poorly thought out. Why bother leaving an email if they want you there for the drawing? Also, forget it if you actually want information from any of the vendors. There are so many people just pushing past trying to get their bingo card signed...without any intention to speak with the vendors about their products. You would do much better going into a baby store like buy buy baby or babies r us and checking out the various products there, if you're genuinely curious about any of the . It was a waste of time. I wouldn't recommend it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"