Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Waiting for AF

I had a D&C almost 5 weeks ago due to loss of heartbeat. I was almost 12 weeks along. I was told that the fetus stopped growing around 9 weeks. Three days after the D&C I found out I had a uterine infection which led to some lingering spotting. All of that went away and the past few weeks physically I have felt normal. I am pretty regular and would have expected AF by now. My doctor said it could take 6-8 weeks but I of course am being paranoid and worrying.

Would like to hear from you ladies, and see if I should just relax... or call my doctor.

Re: Waiting for AF

• It's been about 3 weeks since my d&c and I've had some spotting beginning today but no AF. My doctor told me to call anytime with any questions I have. If it were me and I was worried id call my doctor. Something that would worry you for hours he or she can answer in 30 seconds. I know it's hard not to feel silly asking questions. I struggled when I had a moment of heavy bleeding immediately post d&c whether I should call. In the end I called and felt much better hearing I'm ok directly from my doctor. I hope I helped :)

3rd pregnancy -- 1st baby -- praying for a rainbow

#1 EDD 5/2014 -- MMC 10weeks ~~ #2 EDD 10/2014 -- Our baby girl, born sleeping 17weeks ~~ #3 EDD 8/2015

• I say if it makes you worried go ahead and call, your Dr is there to answer questions!

I had a MMC at 11 weeks, baby stopped growing at 9 weeks. I naturally miscarried about 4 weeks ago and had all my ovulation cramping and CM early last week. If this were a normal cycle I would have AF symptoms already but none have reared their ugly heads. It sucks to be left with all these unknowns right now. ((Hugs))
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My dr told me it could take anywhere between 4-8 weeks after my D&C. I was quite regular before (28 day cycles) and I got my AF after 32 days now. It's normal for your body to need longer. Hang in there and call your dr if you are really concerned.
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • I think I will call tomorrow. I am still in the "i need lots of reassurance everything will be ok" mode. I also had some ovulation "throbbing" and CM just a few days ago, so perhaps I am on target to get AF soon enough. I will always be a worrier...

How are you ladies dealing after your MC or D&C? The past 2 weeks have been significantly better, but I still get emotional thinking about it and thinking of the months ahead. One thing that hasn't gotten easier is falling asleep. As a worrier, I am an over thinker and going to bed as been difficult during this time. I cannot go to bed unless I am dead tired or falling asleep to the TV. Are any of you ladies having this problem? Or knows of ways to relieve...
  • I am 1 week two days from the start of natural MC. I am still spotting, but very little. No AF for me the doctor says I wont see it for another two to eight weeks. I am emotional at times, but I am on the mend. I feel better physically, but still have pregnancy hormone in me which makes things hard, eating for just one but having the appetite for two knowing you are "empty" is hard. Sorry for  your loss and having to go through this.  Keep us posted on what the doctor says!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"