Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Tonsils and adenoids?

Anyone's LO have them removed? How bad/long was the recovery? DD is having hers out the Thursday before Thanksgiving- think she will be up to eating Thanksgiving dinner with DH's family?
imageimage

Re: Tonsils and adenoids?

• Options
    After one week recovery she should be ok eating solid foods and her throat should feel better.  In the meantime, build up the procedure with positives: like eating ice cream, popsicles, lots of arts and craft time,etc...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS had his removed moved in May at 4.5 years old.  It was about a week to he was back to his normal self.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well that's good news! I had them out my senior year of high school and it took me about 2 weeks to fully recover.
    imageimage
  • Options
    My DD has not had them out, but a friend's child did. She was eating solid foods within 2 - 3 days. She did say the pain lasted longer than she thought it would though. She was giving her pain meds every three hours for over a week. I'm not sure if that is normal though.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hokies94hokies94 member
    edited November 2013
    Not to be a downer but I have to disagree. DD had them out when she was 6. It took close to a month for her to be 100% back to herself. She had hers out early December and at one point I remember thinking we ruined Christmas for her since she was still feeling horrible a week before Christmas. She was out of school for close to 2 weeks.  She also had a hard time with the pain meds so that may have made her recovery worse.  She would not take them b/c they tasted awful and that made the pain worse and it turned into a vicious cycle.  If you can get the pain meds in him it may not be as bad. 

I have heard that the older you are the harder the recovery is. Honestly, it was a REALLY bad recovery. Don't mean to be Debbie Downer but it was a really hard experience for us.
  • Options
    I had mine out my sr year of high school, and it seriously took me the whole winter break to bounce back. That's why I was so shocked when they told me that within a few days she would be able to return to school!
    imageimage
  • Options
    My son had his removed a week before his 6th bday and took 2-3 weeks to recover. We had a family bday dinner a week after surgery and his bday cake was his first solid food. He definitely wasn't quite himself yet, he was still in lots of pain a week after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"