St. Louis Babies

Medicaid/Health Department Doctors

edited November 2013 in St. Louis Babies
Hey everyone, I'm new to the St. Louis area and am almost 11 weeks pregnant. I applied for medicaid for insurance (work two jobs, 46 hours a week, and no insurance offered) and still haven't heard about my application yet so I have not seen a doctor. I can apply for temporary medicaid and use the health department doctors but can likely not switch once I get approved for full medicaid. Has anyone else used medicaid that has gone through the health department who has a St. Louis County doctor they were happy with? I live in west county and work in south county, so either of those offices will work. Or, are there any doctors recs of doctors who accept temporary medicaid? The doctors through the health department deliver from St. Mary's Clayton, any thing positive or negative about that hospital?

I am just a little lost since I'm new to the area and new to the medicaid thing. If anyone else has a suggestion on a doctor (who takes temporary or otherwise) please pass it on. We can probably afford to pay for the first appointment out of pocket if it means a good doctor. Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker
EDD 5.29.14

Re: Medicaid/Health Department Doctors

• Dr. Lemoine. OBGYN physicians in Mercy (st. Johns) They didnt work with my insurance this time, but I had health net for my first and she was wonderful.. There is also a clinic inside Mercy (St. Johns) that takes state insurance.  They were all very good. 
    image  image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"