November 2013 Moms

Hailey is here!

CoIvieCoIvie member
edited November 2013 in November 2013 Moms
I feel like there's a lot to type so I'll try to keep it short. Hailey Elaine was born Saturday Nov 16 at 12:23pm. 7lbs 3oz.

Friday night is when it all started. I had a squirt of liquid while I was standing and in my mind I thought "uh oh". At 8:00 the contractions started being 10-15 mins apart. I had another squirt about an hour later... Not much but it was enough to wet the center of my underwear. Me and mom headed over to the hospital

At about 10:30 11 they admitted me. A doc gave me a pelvic exam and still felt my bag so doubted my water broke but tested the fluid that came out of me and sure enough, I had ruptured. So they put me on piticon (sp) ASAP. I had been 4cm for about 2 weeks

They kept going up on the dosage with that for hooooooours because I wasn't feeling the contractions but I started having terrible back pain. I had asked my nurse if she thought they should break what was left of the bag so progress could start and she says "no we'll just see if it ruptures". I thought that was weird but whatever.

The night crew leaves, the morning crew starts so this is about 7am. The nurse wanted to put the monitor inside of me that keeps track of contractions. She kept trying to put it in and I was in tears from the pain of her doing that. She finally noticed the bag and said "well no wonder you're not progressing!!!!!!!!!! I'll go get someone to break that for you".

My water gets broken, I get my epidural. Life was great. Lol. I started feeling pressure at about 11:30. My nurse said "well I'll check to see how far you are". As soon as I opened my legs she said "well no wonder you feel pressure. Baby's head is right there"

We get the show on the road, I give my doc about 10 good pushes and Hailey was here!! Here's some pics

Hopefully this isn't a long confusing mess. Lol. Congrats to everyone else who has had their baby while I was MIA this weekend

Re: Hailey is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"