Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Ultrasound is showing 2 weeks behind....

And I'm terrified its a blighted ovum. Some back story, I have very weird cycles. I usually don't ovulate on my own at all, but after several failed rounds of Clomid and Famera, we decided to give it a break and just reconnect as a couple. I had 3 "cycles" (I don't know if I ovulated or not) that were about 37-41 days long. Then on October 20th (4 weeks ago today), I got a very faint positive on an HPT test. 

On Monday November 11th (7w1d according to LMP), I started started spotting and went into the ER. They did a round of tests including and Ultrasound that showed a sac measuring at 5w1d. There was no yolk, fetal pole or heartbeat. They said it was a blighted ovum and to go see my OB the next day. I did and she couldn't see anything on the ultrasound either. She said it looked like a blighted ovum, but did an HCG test that came back at 5200. Then she did one on Thursday, 48 hours later, and my HCG came back at 7500. Not quite doubled but my doctor is very hopeful that we gjust got the dates wrong. She's having me come back on Tuesday for another ultrasound.

So my question is this. According to the Ultrasound, I am 6w1d today.  I got my BFP 4 weeks ago today. But if I'm only 6w1d, that means I got my BFP right around the time I would have ovulated, and I don't think that's possible. It was very very faint, but it was still there, and within a week it was a full solid positive. Anyone have experience with this where it all turned out OK? I'm praying so had that everything is OK and that we just had a weird fluke.

Re: Ultrasound is showing 2 weeks behind....

• hadley135hadley135 member
    edited November 2013
    I don't think many of us had experiences here where "it all turned out ok". My ultrasound was 3 weeks behind and confirmed baby stopped developing. Do you chart? If not, you could have your ovulation date wrong. Sorry your in this limbo right now, positive thoughts coming your way.

Edited to add--sorry I missed the first part, it sounds like you don't know when you ovulated so I would say dates can definitely be off. It can really go either way. Fingers crossed for you.
    Me: 28 DH: 30 
    TTC-January 2013
    BFP#1--September 2013 (EDD 5/30/2014)--D&C for Missed MC @ 9 weeks 3 days
    BFP#2--August 2014 (EDD 4/30/2015) --hoping this is our rainbow!

• Hope everything works out for you! Unfortunately this board is for woman who have had a loss or going through miscarriage. So it's probably not the best place to ask if everything is ok. Fx for you while your in limbo. I know it's scary and hopefully you will get some answers soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    <: center;">Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"