Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Dresser drawer as baby bed

We're expecting our first child in a couple weeks and currently live over seas. We will be flying back to the U.S. when the baby is roughly 3-4 weeks old so we were going to make a dresser drawer its' bed until then. I was thinking of lying a towel down and then a pillow case as its and "mattress" and "sheet". Does anyone have any better ideas of how to do this?

Re: Dresser drawer as baby bed

• Options
    pack n play? Travel bassinet?
  • Options
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd you don't want to ship a pack and play which honestly might be a waste for just a few weeks you can always use a laundry basket with the towel thing . When you get state side you can purchase a pack and play.
  • Options
    I've seen someone use a large open suitcase as a travel crib in a pinch- just lined it with towels. I thought it was brilliant.

• Options
    First Years makes a little foam wedge thing that's perfect for newborns. Just pop that in your bed and keep her in bed with you.

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    my hubby jokes about doing this all the time when he sees the nursery bills. But I think it would be just fine.
  • Options
    I had DD sleep in a cardboard box when my dad passed away and I had to go pack up his apartment. I put a couple towels down on the bottom. DD was 4 months old and didnt mind. I think what you're describing should work. You could also have your LO sleep in your bed. We had intended for DD to sleep in a cosleeper when she was born, but she hated it at first. In fact we could not put her down anywhere. She had to be held 24/7 for the first 3 weeks, so she ended up sleeping in our bed, between me and the cosleeper, for 8 weeks.
  • Options
    I think it's fine. Just make sure that if you are laying a towel or anything down that it's in such a way (laid down firm, attached to something, etc,) that the infant cannot move it to be suffocated by it.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I can't stop smiling whenever I see the subject line of your post because if our baby comes early and our nursery furniture is even a little bit late, we'll be in the same boat.  We were so organized with DS #1.  I'm lucky if we have any furniture in the nursery when DS #2 arrives. 

Good luck with your little one and your move!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"