VBAC

Advice, Is my OB truly supportive?

DaisyTortillaDaisyTortilla member
edited November 2013 in VBAC
I am 14w5d, I asked the doctor if he would allow a vbac, considering it's only 11 months after c/s. He said yes, i was ecstatic! But he said recommended a c/s because his calculator said I had a 47% chance at success and it wasn't worth the risk! Also that because I didn't progress in my last labor...but I wasn't given time...the doctor only gave me 12 hours to labor and threw me into a c/s. He said he would still give me a chance if I want to thou. Then he also added that...he doesn't deliver on weekends and the other doctor that covers doesn't do vbacs so they would c/s me. :( . I'm feeling a bit discouraged. Has anyone else experienced this???

Re: Advice, Is my OB truly supportive?

• Find someone else, that doesn't sound promising.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• no. my OB has never once quoted stats at me or given me a percentage. i would look into getting a different doctor/midwife.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would look elsewhere, he does not sound very supportive.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't think that sounds very supportive.  The only things my OB has said in regards to my potential VBAC is that she won't induce me because of risks with pitocin and uterine rupture and she won't let me go past 41 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Your ob doesn't sound supportive at all. Like pp, mine didn't really give me any percentages. He did mention that about 75% of women who attempt to vbac are successful, and since that is better than the national csection rate! I felt he was being encouraging. He also didn't really mention stipulations until the end.
  • I switched over to a new doctor ladies! He is amazing, very supportive and ha an all natural mentality! Thanks for the advice! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"