One & Done: Only child
Options

What time in the past week made you most thankful for OAD?

Here's my go at more activity on the board:

While we aren't decided at OAD, we're leaning there (as a family).  And today, I was super thankful that I only had one. While I have a cold that has thoroughly taken away my voice, my daughter has it too so it's made her ears stuffy so that she isn't hearing as well.  There were meltdowns over not being able to do our regular read-a-book-during-breakfast ritual (I have no voice!), and many other things.  In fact, I was supposed to watch another boy, but had to cancel.  I can't fathom having to deal with two who can't hear me!
IMG_8355
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What time in the past week made you most thankful for OAD?

• Options
    My kid had a 2 hour speech evaluation at a hospital 45 minutes away, and we also had to go to the pedi this afternoon because he stuck little ripped up bits of book in his nose this morning. It would have sucked to drag more than one kid to the hospital and then to the doctor. It sucked enough with just the one! I find myself fairly overwhelmed with all the behavior issues, therapies, and evaluations already. I can't imagine adding another one to the mix.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dh was out of town for four days. I was so tired after working and taking care of the house and ds. I couldn't imagine having more than one when dh travels.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Something frivolous. I ordered L two cute sweaters on mini boden and thought "well we're OAD I can spoil him a bit." My nephew will get some cute hand-me-downs!
  • Options
    I watched a woman deal with two children that must have both been less than two years old. I couldn't help but think of my friend who is going to be in this situation very soon and I was exhausted for her. 

• Options
    I belong to the local YMCA and was able to take ds swimming with me twice this week. The shallow end is still 3ft, not like a kids pool, so of course I held onto and swam with him the whole time. No way could I do that with two.
  • Options
    Almost everyday I think "I'm so glad he's the only one". DH works looooonnnngggg hours. A lot of nights I'm doing bedtime routine by myself. I have no idea how you'd put more than one kid down at night.

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
  • Options
    PhantomPowerPhantomPower member
    edited November 2013
    SoDoMojo said:
    Almost everyday I think "I'm so glad he's the only one". DH works looooonnnngggg hours. A lot of nights I'm doing bedtime routine by myself. I have no idea how you'd put more than one kid down at night.
    Same! I get home from work and am on solo parenting duty through bedtime. My H doesn't get home until an hour after Cooper is in bed. He also works the entire time Cooper is awake on Saturdays. Most work days I am completely burnt out by the time he gets home. 
  • Options

DH and I went out on an afternoon date this weekend, and we only had to pay a sitter for one child.  If we had two, of course, we would have to pay her for two children.  The price is marginal, but when you add up all of your dates over time, times two, it makes a significant difference cost wise. 

We probably would have to have less dates, if we had to pay  a sitter for two kids each time.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"