South Florida Babies

Dr. Vinu Patel (Boca)

Has anyone here been to him?  Do you have any opinions that might help?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dr. Vinu Patel (Boca)

• I did.  I didn't have a good experience.  But, there was only one peri in Boca at the time.  I think there is another Peri in Boca now.  Page G8orell, I know she's seeing one she likes.  If I have another child, I plan to see another doctor.
  • What was it that you didn't like?  I have GD so I have to be in touch with them fairly often and go for scans. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I love mine, she has a practice in Coral Springs and Boca...Dr. Edwards. 

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • imageEmjayTheHunted:
    What was it that you didn't like?  I have GD so I have to be in touch with them fairly often and go for scans. 

it'd be easier to say what I liked, nothing.  I had to go often as well.  Many of the ultrasound techs are rude.  I felt Patel didn't answer questions at all. He wasn't informative and didn't pass along information. The wait time was ridiculous even first thing in the mornings.  It wasn't a pleasant experience for me at all.  very frustrating and aggravating.

• I just replied to post above paging me, but in case you don't see it...

I use Dr. Thomas Lowe and he's been amazing!! I used him with DD for an echogenic focus in her heart on her 20 week anatomy scan. He reassured me she was perfect and she is :) (aside from her tantrums, LOL)...I've seen him twice (NT scan and Anatomy scan) for this baby and still love him. He's super down to earth, very reassuring, friendly. His office staff is great. I'm seeing him in 2 weeks for a 34 week scan (not sure why, as he said baby is perfect, but can't complain about seeing him again!). His office is right across the street from Boca Raton Community Hospital.

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thank you everyone!
  • I went there with my third pregnancy and had no issues what so ever.

• I wasn't a fan of Dr. Patel's. The staff was friendly, but he was brief and I felt that I was being charged too much and was told to come back in to be re-evaluated when it wasn't necessary. There was a mix-up with paperwork and something wasn't relayed to my doc's office...which meant I had to go back again "just to be sure"....lucky for me, I went into labor a few days before I was scheduled to go back. Saved myself $400. :)
  • I also go to Doctor Edwards, she's a nice lady.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went to Christine Edwards office, but saw her partner Dr. Laffineuse. I had no problems with them or their office.

They are located in West Boca.

• I have never seen him, but Many of my friends have complained about his bedside manner. Also, one in particular was shown a problem on her U/S. He suggested termination and a few months later she gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby.
  • I was sent to dr laffineuse since I am considered high-risk (age 50) and she diagnosed a previa. I had to wait very long to see her, then waited even longer to discuss it after the u/s tech, and in total I was there for about 2 1/2 hours but soent about 10 mins with the doc. I felt she was a bit Cold and distant - as if she didn't really love her job. She did not explain things and left me feeling uneasy and unsure. I was supposed to be followed by her - but opted for a 2nd opinion. I was referreed to dr Lowe - and i absolutely loved him! He was warm, caring, and explained everything - even showing me specific things while doing another u/s - even after the tech did a thorough u/s. he could have just as easily explained things - but he took extra time to show me. He gave me a lot of confidence in his concern and knowledge. I will stay with him for my monthly follow ups in addition to the amazing Dr Jane Rudolph who is my reg Ob. I highly recommend Dr Lowe.
  • I went to Dr Patel last week! He was very nice saw him 10 mins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"