Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

City Mini double - accessories?

For those of you who currently use the City Mini double stroller, what accessories do you have (car seat adapter, belly bar, snack tray, etc) and would you recommend them? We will have a 2 1/2 year old and a newborn and we're trying to decide what to buy and what is not worth the money. Thanks for your help!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: City Mini double - accessories?

• Options
    We have the single & a 28mo & 9 mo. We have the parent consol which I find helpful, gives you a place for a drink & phone, we also have the belly bar, my 9 mo uses it to get into a sitting position & stability. We baby wear so no car seat adaptor for us but remember you can't put the belly bar just for one side, it's on both.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options

I have a Valco Snap Dual which is similar for a 2 year old and a 9 month old. It already had separate removable belly bars that we use every time we have the stroller. My two year loves putting his hands and feet on the belly bar. The only accessory we have purchased is cup holders for the parents since it has a nice pouch to store items (like books & cellphones) on the back of it.

I didn't really need a car seat adaptor since we didn't go out much (other than neighborhood walks) this summer and the stroller was newborn rated as well. If you go out shopping a lot or are planning to use it or the holdays, then get the car seat adaptor. I think snack trays are a waste.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the Car seat adaptor and it was a lifesaver for me.  It was so easy to just pop the car seat into the adaptor.  You can fold the stroller with it attached.
      I also got a parent console from Diono.  It is much cheaper than the Bj one and works great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Thanks for your responses, ladies! It seems like the belly bar is a big hit with most people, so we'll probably get that. I'll check out the Diono parent console too - the BJ one is so expensive!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have to have a snack tray myself.  Snacks keep my kids happy when they start to get fussy.  I like bumper bars but they aren't a necessity for me like the snack tray.  Parent console too.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    The only thing I have is the $10 sunshine kids parent console. It's perfect... Might like a second. No snack tray- we just use a snack trap. No belly bar either- seemed like a waste. My kids like having it open anyway.

• Options
    In order to get the snack tray for the double, you need the belly bar.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    We used the BOb duallie parent console with our double city mini gt.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"