2nd Trimester

My partner annoys the hell out of me.

I am constantly annoyed with him. Everything he does now just annoys me. His snoring at night, when he tries to kiss on me first thing in the morning, etc. I also deal with depression, so I'm sure that doesn't help. Did anybody else feel this way? How did you try to distract yourself or improve your mood? Sometimes I just want him to leave, but I know that later I won't feel that way.
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Andrew Karol-4/10/2010
Jase Eli-3/10/14

Re: My partner annoys the hell out of me.

• Sounds like you could use a little break. Just maybe a girl day away, or something to pamper yourself.
    Anytime I'm this way with DH, it's because I haven't been taking care of myself.

imageimage
  • micaelasmakeup said, take some time just for you. And I don't think you are the only one who feels this way about their SO, so don't be hard on yourself. Sometimes my emotions are way out of control (I tend to take it out on my co-workers, I spend more time with them on a weekly basis then my DH). 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#1 BFP 26/May/2013 EDD 27/Jan/2014 MC at 5 weeks, 2 days 
    #2 BFP 04/Aug/2013 EDD April 18th, 2014. Baby M born May 2, 2014.

• Loading the player...
  • I feel the same way about mine. We both decided it was the wacky pregnancy hormones and called it a day. He's been better about doing less of the things I found annoying (I told him what they were). It will pass!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I swing from thinking DH is the greatest thing ever to wanting to strangle him. This morning was definitely the latter. He kept trying to snuggle when I was getting ready for work (he stars an hour later than me), but I had to keep biting my tongue. However, last night he was amazing and looked after me when my m/s reared it's ugly head again. I feel so guilty for hating on him! He's doing his best, but sometimes he just irritates me!

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• It's definitely the hormones. I hate being touched when pregnant...I don't know what it is, but my body is just like "leave me alone, I'm busy growing a baby here!"

• If you've been dealing with depression, you might want to see a counselor. I dealt with anxiety and depression before pregnancy and I was on medication. I knew we were TTC so I set up a counselor for myself as I got off my meds. It really has helped dealing with the symptoms of depression and anxiety.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yes agreed!  It's especially awful when DH wants action in the bedroom.  He seems to think this baby cooking is just a minor thing going on and that you can continue life as usual, which I do but I certainly don't need groped the second I finally get done wrangling my toddler at bedtime and finishing my housework.  Sorry if this rant was irrelevant to the original post. Haha guess I needed to get that off of my chest.  This irritability has been the same in both of my pregnancies.  Also the quiet mumbles from DH saying "I'm hungry" like a small child is enough to make me snarl at him.  
  • We just drove to town and by the time we were getting back, I swore that was the last time I was Leaving the house with him, everything he did was annoying especially the loud music he listened to on our way home! I am sure I will love him later on tonight, later tomorrow!
  • I'm SO glad i'm not the only one feeling this way :)  mine is driving me nuts too! but i love him sooo much words cant even describe. ahh the joy of hormones..
  • You are not the only one. My DH is a wonderful man who treats me incredibly and I have been so snappy to him lately. I'm just in a horrible mood - I know it's hormones and I know it will pass, so I'm just trying to control it as much as I can and saying I'm sorry when I am rude or snippy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • For his snoring. Have a humidifier or air purifier or fan on at night that will drown him out but still allow you to sleep. Works for me :)
  • Definitely feel your pain! Sometimes, I feel like he can do no wrong....and other times.no right! Darn this hormonal time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"