Late Term and Child Loss

TTCAL Check In

Welcome to TTCAL CheckIn!

I hope I can find you all well and positive this week! Please don't be shy in asking the PGAL/PAL ladies questions if you have them. Lots of baby dust on all of you!

Where are you in your TTCAL journey?

Do you have any relevant appointments upcoming?

QOTW: How do you handle it when people mistake your TTC for wanting to expand your family vs. "replacing" the baby/babies that were lost?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: TTCAL Check In

• Where are you in your TTCAL journey?  At this point, trying to decide if we really do want to try again.  We are TTA until at least February for medical reasons, and are waiting on test results for some genetic testing we had done, and beyond that, I want to sit down with our doctor and have a better idea of what another pregnancy would look like, and what their plan for us would be.  

Do you have any relevant appointments upcoming?  Not until we get test results back.

QOTW: How do you handle it when people mistake your TTC for wanting to expand your family vs. "replacing" the baby/babies that were lost?  Luckily, I haven't gotten comments like this yet, but I'm sure it will happen.  People can be so insensitive and say the worst things.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  TTCAL has been on my mind a lot.  What my reasons for another baby are, whether I could handle the stress and anxiety of another pregnancy, how I would handle losing another baby.  DH is on the fence as well, leaning more toward not trying again, where I would say I am leaning more toward trying again.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Mrs Nice said:

Where are you in your TTCAL journey? We met with our MFM yesterday who have us the green light, and said that although we have a higher than baseline risk for another PROM, the chances for infection aren't any higher. We are planning another IVF in FEB . But will be hoping for a miracle in the meantime.

Do you have any relevant appointments upcoming? We have my 6 wk pp. Apt on the 22nd with my ob and are waiting for her go ahead before we start having sex again. Even though my MFM said we are fine , my ob is the one who was with me when we delivered Jesse so I want her to say so as well.

QOTW: How do you handle it when people mistake your TTC for wanting to expand your family vs. "replacing" the baby/babies that were lost? I haven't dealt with this yet, but I imagine I would just remind them that if I get pregnant again, it will be a second pregnancy and a second child.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Our chances of conceiving without IVF are in the 1-2% range so I do t expect it to happen, but I am thinking a lot about our Feb. Cycle and saving up the $$ for it. I'm also thinking about how we paid around $10,000 for the pain we are now experiencing, and how we will deal if it happens again. It's very hard- I would never take it back though.

Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"