TTC After a Loss
Options

questions about cp (pregnancy is discussed)

For those who've experienced a chemical pregnancy, what was your experience? What seems to be normal bleeding, lighter/ heavier than normal? What was the length ( longer, normal, shorter)? How long did it take to get a BFN?

I'm starting to play mind games with myself, like the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy. Right now it's light bleeding, red-brownish in color. Cramping has mostly subsided. Other pregnancy symptoms gone. Sound normal?

I'm not asking for a diagnosis, just a sort of what to expect without the extreme possibilities that Dr. Google has to offer...cancer or holding out some hope that I may be a freak and still pregnant.
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

Re: questions about cp (pregnancy is discussed)

• Options
    I knew I was having a CP because my period was late, my temp was up and I didn't feel anything like when I had my miscarriage a few months earlier. I basically had a little heavier and crampier period than normal, and it only took a few days for the BFN. With my m/c, it too a couple of weeks for the BFN.

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 
    BFP 12/31/13 EDD 9/11/14  **please be our rainbow baby!**

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    No advice, just ((hugs)) and a suggestion to maybe call your doctor? At the very least it will probably give you some peace of mind. 
    ~*~ 
    1 man. 1 woman.
    1 cancer diagnosis. 1 victory.
    1 second term loss. 3 first term losses.
    No one giving up. Ever.
    ~*~
    Everyone Welcome! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had 5, all but the last one were shorter, 4 days as opposed to my regular period's 6.  Mine are heavier, with big clots.  I also tend to have very short cycle the following cycle. They are crampier.  If you have access to a private whirlpool tub, I would utilize it on the worst day.  I have negatives on hpt before I start to bleed, this last time it took around a week after my tests were no longer positive and my beta was 5 for me to start bleeding.  If you are worried about an ectopic, I would call your dr
    Married April 2011image
    TTC since May 2011

April 2012 first loss - CP

November 2012 2nd loss - 7 weeks (though I ovulated late so it is likely a CP as well)
    Hormone workup and u/s showed everything looked fine

December 2012 3rd loss - CP
    GP tested my hormones and incorrectly diagnosed me with premature ovarian failure
    (hormone testing needs to be timed with you cycle)

January 2012 OB/GYN recurrent loss testing
    I do not have premature ovarian failure. 
    Dx:
    MTHFR (take a B-complex daily) - single gene
    Factor II (take a baby asprin daily) - single gene

February 2013 Genetic counseling
    Dx:
    MTHFR doesn't matter (take extra B, though)
    Factor II is unlikely but possible (later miscarriages)
    Balanced Chromosome Translocation bw 5&6 (likely causing everything)
    I was given a 49% chance at success due to the chromosome issue

August 2013 4th loss - CP

October 2013 5th loss - CP
    Prenatal workup found that I had low progesterone
    Further testing after loss found that I had low antithrombin

November 2013 RE workup
    RE told me to stop the asprin (not my issue)
    RE told me that my low progesterone was due to my body knowing the pregnancy was failing
    Dx:
    Sono-HSG - Arcuate uterus
    DH is fine, so far (still waiting on karyotyping for him)

Still need to do my CD3 hormone workup

TL;DR:  5 losses => Balanced translocation, arcuate uterus, factor II, low antithrombin, and MTHFR

• Options

First of all I'm sorry you are going through this.  I just experienced a CP last week and it hit me harder than I would have thought.  The uncertainty is also so difficult to go through.  I agree that you should get in touch with your doctor for some peace of mind, particularly if you are worried about an ectopic.

My CP was basically like a normal-to-heavy period.  I bled for 5 days with more back achiness than usual, bright red with small black clots.

I had gotten a positive FRER on the day my period was due (Monday), started to bleed Friday morning and had a negative dollar store and dropped temp I think 3 days into the bleeding (the first time I tested after my positive). But my initial line on Monday was faint and I could only ever turn a FRER positive, not a dollar store test so I guess my HCG was already pretty low.

Would you call what you have bleeding or just spotting?

Very best of luck.

• Options
    Didn't your doctor's office tell you to go in to the ER yesterday? You need to be seen by a doctor, have some betas drawn and be examined.  You could very well be dealing with an ectopic and it is better to be safe than sorry.
    Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
    BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
    IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
    IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******

• Options
    Mine was 2 very heavy gros days with clots and then like 2 days of spotting.  I had a negative within the week.
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    thanks ladies! I just need to step away from the internet. I'll be finding a doctor should I find myself in pain, or bleeding profusely. As it stands right now, I'm barely cramping if I do with a moderate to light flow. Thank you very much again. this just sucks :-( I just can't bring myself to go to the ER and pay a$200 copay for them to say congratulations you're having a miscarriage.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    thanks ladies! I just need to step away from the internet. I'll be finding a doctor should I find myself in pain, or bleeding profusely. As it stands right now, I'm barely cramping if I do with a moderate to light flow. Thank you very much again. this just sucks :-( I just can't bring myself to go to the ER and pay a$200 copay for them to say congratulations you're having a miscarriage.

Like I said yesterday, I had bleeding after my bfp, assumed I had miscarried, and a week later found out I was still pregnant. The bleeding was like a pretty normal period, and the cramps weren't anything more intense than usual. The bleeding stopped after a few days, and I wasn't in any more pain, so when I went the doctor and my betas were still up, it was a surprise.  It took another 2 weeks of blood draws and ultrasounds before it was determined to be ectopic. I made it to 8 weeks pregnant and was never in any pain.

I'm not trying to scare you, but just because you're  not in pain, doesn't mean it's not ectopic. You really need to at least get blood drawn to confirm miscarriage and rule out an ectopic.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    kateitho said:

Mine was 2 very heavy gros days with clots and then like 2 days of spotting.  I had a negative within the week.

Mine was pretty much the same as this. I would've been concerned if I got a positive hpt after bleeding like that. I hope you get it figured out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

BFP#1 DS 1/19/12  BFP#2 EDD 6/11/14 MC 10/9/12 BFP#3 EDD 10/3/14

• Options

With my CP, the negative test at the Dr office after three positive home tests was the first sign of CP. My period was several days late, but it was only mildly heavier than normal, and my cycle went back to "normal" (relatively speaking) right away. I usually have some cramping, and cramping that cycle was about the same. Length was maybe a day longer but not dramatically different than my usual cycle.

Really, the only thing separating the CP and a normal cycle is that I had three days of positive home tests and my period was a few days late. If I hadn't been testing or charting, I might have never known I'd had a CP.

This is exactly what I am experiencing right now. I'm glad to know my body isn't doing it wrong. Or whatever. I was surprised by the lighter flow today, but it sounds like that can be totally "normal" for a cp.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• Options
    ninthgirl said:

First CP had more clots than a period, but was the same in duration and similar in pain intensity (moderate cramping at first tapering off after 2 or 2 1/2 days). The AF the next cycle was awful for whatever reason. On the first day of bleeding my hCG was a 3, so already a BFN.

Not sure how this CP will play out as the progesterone is still leaving my system so it hasn't started yet. hCG was 3 the day of my negative test, so I assume without progesterone supplements the bleeding would have started Thursday.

Given how recently you got your BFP if you are not getting a BFN yet I would find somewhere to get a blood draw. Bills are no fun, but messing with your health is no fun either.
    heard that. I'm going to give it a week from when I started bleeding, so next Thursday. Should I get a BFP then, I'll be putting in a call to a different doctor, bc I just can't justify going to the ER at this point. Of course as I've said before, if something happens between now and then, i.e. pain, crazy bleeding, other crazy symptoms; I will definitely seek immediate medical attn.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"