October 2013 Moms

Poop Stains

Rec your favorite poop stain removing spray. I have been using some Shout Heavy Duty Stain spray, and it is not cutting it.
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: Poop Stains

• ::watches thread::

• pmarie33 said:
    ::watches thread::
    For some reason, I had NO idea poop would be such an instant stain creator. Even if I put said item in the wash immediately. This should be one of those 'things nobody tells you about babies' on thos lists everyone posts all the time.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • hmmm.... Shout has been working for me.  I soak the stain in Shout, let it sit for 10 minutes, then toss in the machine and wash on warn.  If I cannot wash it right away I put whatever soap I have handy on the spot right away and use the Shout on top of the soap before I wash it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have NO IDEA! lol I think I usually toss the outfit if it is bad...lol the clothes don't last that long anyway.

imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Oxi clean has been working for me. Just a scoop in the washer along with Tide
  • Shout. I used it with my first DS for even carrot stains, works great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JMU_Bride09JMU_Bride09 member
    edited November 2013
    Zout and sunlight. If the Zout doesn't work, put the item in the sun. Even weak sun or cloudy days can do the trick; it might just take a few times to finish the job.

Eta: I use this method for all organic stains, not just poo.

• Oxyclean spray

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• DS decided to poop a second time while I was changing his first poopy diaper and it ended up all over a white burp cloth.

• Oh yeah, my mom swears by 20 Mule Team Borax. I have yet to try it.
    Oh, I forgot about Borax.  It worked great when my cat decided to start peeing in the laundry basket.  I have not tried it on stains from LO yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oxi Clean.  They make a free version too that I've been using that seems to work just as well. 
  • Oxiclean here too. It's a gel that you can scrub onto the clothes. Too lazy to get up and see the exact name of it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • allieb543 said:
    Oxi Clean.  They make a free version too that I've been using that seems to work just as well. 
    I meant fragrance and perfume free.  I wish they had a "free" version.  Haha.
  • I've been using the OxiClean Spray as well.  I spray it on as soon as the stain gets there and let it sit until I do laundry, works great!

• we soak stuff in oxy clean before putting it in the wash. 
  • Amjoy25 said:

Oxyclean spray

This is also what i use

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I use a scoop of the the laundry detergent i found on pinterest in cold water and let it soak.  The stain is usually already gone before i even get a chance to do a load of laundry.  Bonus, the laundry detergent "recipe" is super cheap to make, makes a ton (it lasts MONTHS) and is safe to use for baby clothes!

(In case anyone is interested https://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-laundry-soap.html#comments)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oxiclean spray. DS used to come home every day from daycare when he was a baby with a bag of poopy clothes.

Rinse poop off using hot hot hot water. Then spray with oxiclean, let soak for 5 min. Use a little scrub brush on the stain. Spray again, and wash immediately.

Saved SO many outfits!!
  • Jude pooped all over the carpet the other day and I used hydrogen peroxide and scrubbed and you can't even tell there was ever a spot there so I started using it on clothes too, I have noticed if I let it dry on them it can discolor them a bit around the edge of the spot but no problem if no drying :-)

imageimage

Dreams really do come true!

• Great question...now to take it a step further....what do y'all use to get the poop stain out of, say, a light colored couch :/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    March Siggy Challenge: whatever you want! --> ORIGINAL CHALLENGE: GIF YOUR BABY!
    This is what we use along w/ shout- seems to be working out well!
  • StefMurphStefMurph member
    edited November 2013
    I was going to recommend peroxide since I know that's what medical pros use to get blood out of clothes.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Deft getting some oxyclean. Thanks ladies!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I will rinse and hand wash item immediately and then treat with this blue gel oxy clean stick and throw in the wash. Has worked beautifully so far.
  • If you dont have time to wash right away,wash the poo off with hot water and I keep a bucket of water in the laundry sink with oxyclean powder and just throw the clothes in there to soak until I can wash and add more oxyclean to the washer. Has worked well so far.
  • I spray mine with shout and let it sit until i do laundry. If I forget, I'll spray stains and do annother load before washing baby items. So far it works great!
  • Oxiclean spray and a scoop of the powder with the wash.
    *Evelyn born 9/20/13*

• My kid popped all over the photographers blanket and she told me this stuff works everytime. Said that they sell it at babies r us. I have yet to try it though
    This. Removes poo stains like magic.
  • I haven't tried it yet on baby poop, but we've used oxyclean to get blood stains out of hundred-year old Victorian undergarments so I'd say it's probably a good bet.
  • I use a scoop of the the laundry detergent i found on pinterest in cold water and let it soak.  The stain is usually already gone before i even get a chance to do a load of laundry.  Bonus, the laundry detergent "recipe" is super cheap to make, makes a ton (it lasts MONTHS) and is safe to use for baby clothes!

(In case anyone is interested https://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-laundry-soap.html#comments)

Thanks for this ^ I'm def trying this!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"