October 2012 Moms

Makeup poll

edited November 2013 in October 2012 Moms
How often do you wear makeup? Feel free to your favorite products, techniques, routine, etc.

Makeup poll 57 votes

Never wear makeup. Ever.
8% 5 votes
Occasionally (special occasions)
45% 26 votes
I wear it less often than not
21% 12 votes
I wear itNJ
24% 14 votes

Re: Makeup poll

• damn, poll fail! the last two options were going to be more often than not, and never leave the house without it. Sorry guys

• can't edit or delete!!

• Loading the player...
  • I wear makeup every day-- mascara, brightener, shadow, eyeliner, powder.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I chose more often than not, but I am a minimalist -- I usually only wear foundation and mascara. If I'm feeling facy, I'll wear eyeshadow and liner.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Make-up every day for work (4 days a week) and usually on the weekends too. I feel naked without at least BB cream. I do bb cream or foundation, eye shadow and mascara. I'm not a huge fan of lipstick or blush.

• RVASC811 said:
    I rarely leave the house without foundation, powder, and a little blush. Eyeshadow and mascara have become hit or miss due to recurrent pinkeye.
    Ugh. I HATE pinkeye. DS1 is just getting over it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm a SAHM so no need to. Plus I workout 5 days a week so I see it as a waste when I just have to take it off middle of the afternoon. I'm much more comfortable in yoga pants and a sweatshirt, no make-up and a messy bun. 

On the occasion I do wear make-up, it's a mixture of everything. I don't like foundation or anything and since I've discovered BB cream, that's all I really use for that. I don't mind the drugstore brands, the only thing I use that's expensive is my eyelid primer (bare essentials) and I do have the Naked 2 palette and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm a SAHM but I wear makeup every day. foundation, concealer, blush. And sometimes neutral eyeshadow and mascara. It all takes about 5 minutes to do. I feel much happier when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I look decent! 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Does chapped stick count?  I never wore makeup, I think our wedding was the 3rd time :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • lady dixneuflady dixneuf member
    edited November 2013
    at work. I used to not but now I am embarrased by how bad I look without it.
    BB cream, mascara, tint blush, sometimes lipstick. 

Sometimes I am at work for several hours before this happens though, hahaha.

• SAHM here too but I always put on some makeup....even if I have no plans for leaving the house. It is usually just eye shadow and blush, but I will add lipstick, eye liner and mascara for a night out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I SAH and used to put makeup on if I leave the house (well, not for grocery shopping or working out  though).  But now I just can't be bothered.  I only put makeup on if I'm going out at night, or if we're meeting friends or have people over.  DS likes to put his drool-covered hands on my face, and I don't want to end up looking like some FREAK show with streaks of makeup going across my face!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • What is bb cream**?? ** shouting
    Birthday

• I wear make up everyday but Sundays, unless we are going out.  I don't do much though, just eyeshadow, eye liner and mascara.  If we are going out for something special I will but foundation, blush and lipstick on but those occasions are far and few  in between.

• I just use a moisturizer, highlighting pen around the eyes and mascara. I'll do eyeliner and a neutral eye shadow if we got out. Yep, at that age now where I have do *something*. If not, it's pretty bad.

• Foundation and powder and mascara daily. Maybe some bronzer or eyeliner if I'm getting fancied up. I prefer the look of no makeup, but honestly, my skin is not that great and I look kinda like ass without it.
  • mbm1983 said:
    Mrs.G123 said:
    What is bb cream**?? ** shouting
    it's kind of like a moisturizer, foundation, sunblock, primer in one.

there are a lot of articles out there that think they are fad products but i've convinced myself that my skin looks and feels better after started using one. so i'm sticking with it. ha!
    Me too!

I used to think I looked like ass without make-up but a few years ago I turned into a gym rat and a SAHM and make-up became like my lowest priority. Nowadays I almost prefer myself with no make-up and DH does too. We both agree that my best look is in workout clothes, hair up and no make-up. Not to mention, makeup is such a hassle and takes too much concentration for me as I've never mastered ANY part of the process.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I use the Garnier because they (at the time I bought it) were the only ones who had some for combination skin. I like it though...never had any issues with it.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It is apart of my morning routine. I use loreal's version or bare minerals. Some cheap bronzer I have been using since high school, I now have to buy on Amazon since no one still sells! It is called glimmer bronze. A little cover girl blush light pink and white mixed together eyeshadow. A little liner and mascara. I have crazy long eyelashes so once mascara is on my eyes look dramatic. It takes me 5 to 10 min to put it on, if I don't have kid distractions!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use L'Oréal a youth code bb cream if I'm going out quick with a bit of powder. Mostly I use bare minerals concealer, foundation and warmth though. I tend to break out from the bb cream.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Mrs.G123Mrs.G123 member
    edited November 2013
    :: off to buy bb cream :: Thanks!!!
    Birthday

• mbm, I use the Mary Kay facial highlighter pen on the inside corners and underneath my eyes. I swear it makes me look so much better. I'd say any highlighter pen would do the trick though.

• I wear tinted moisturizer and concealer daily (the price of having a poor sleeper with the bags under my eyes). I use a lot of Philosophy products, but also like Smash Box tinted moisturizer and Laura Mercier for concealer.
    DD 9/15/12
  • Mostly just special occasions, but I have been starting to wear it out more. Maybe once or twice a week. I only wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, and lipstick.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"