January 2014 Moms

Holding it

Anyone else wake up in the middle of the night with the need to pee, and you try to ignore the urge because it simply takes too much effort to get out of bed?? Ugh...

Re: Holding it

• only every single night :)
  • Every night!!!! Some nights i can make it. Other nights I am like eff it. If I don't get up I will pee in the bed. Commence rolling over and over to get out of my bed :/
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't hold, but I go in the dark, hoping that I will not hit the bed or the walls on the way... it happens at least 2 times every night.,, lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Every night! I wake up around midnight, decide I don't have to go badly enough and go back to sleep. But my bitch of a bladder wakes me back up at 2 and by then it's just too much. I can usually make it from 2-6 though! Still thankful for that! I remember being up 4x a night by the end last time...

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • I don't even try anymore.  I always end up laying in bed thinking about how I have to pee.  I found I get back to sleep easier if I just get up and go.

• I have to get up several times per night to pee.  If I try to hold it I risk peeing the bed or not being able to go back to sleep and then being so awake I might as well just get up and start my day. 

• If I hold it, the pain in my kidney makes me want to die. Quite literally. So no, there's no holding it for me.
  • I did that three times last night....didn't last more than 5 minutes til I was jumping (ok, maybe not jumping) out of bed about to pee my pants.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Absolutely yes! And every night!
  • I try and fail. The pain makes me nauseous.
    AnnRenee 1/21/03
    Luke 12/30/2013
  • Only every night! I always fail...have to get up and go every time.
  • Nope, I never ignore the urge to pee. I get pretty severe UTIs and holding in your urine can make you more susceptible to bladder infections/UTIs.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• I try to wait it out, but then little LuLu becomes a Rockette and I pray I make it in time! I've been wanting to switch sides with H bc he is next to the door and I have to walk ALL THE WAY AROUND the bed hoping I don't stub my toe again.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Oh, I rarely succeed in falling back asleep - I'm usually up within 10-15 minutes. But my first instinct is to always ignore it because I just hate trying to get out of bed!!!
  • I am def waking up every night but I don't hold it! Otherwise I can't fall back to sleep!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I try every night. Unfortunately, I'll roll over to change position and it ends up just putting more pressure on my bladder and I have to get up anyway. Also, as PP have said I will lay there thinking about having to go and can't fall back to sleep until I actually get up and do something about it. It's just such a hassle to get myself out of bed.

image     image

• HeartOverMindHeartOverMind member
    edited November 2013

Yup! I'm in the every single night camp, too! The other night, I successfully fell back asleep after feeling the urge to pee, and I had a dream that I peed in bed. I got up and went pee. Mama not happy!

Me: 30  DH: 34  Us: Est. 2009 (Dating) // 2013 (Married)
    DD1: 12/26/2013  DD2: 08/03/2016  DS1: 05/10/2018  Baby #4: EDD 11/22/2020 (Team Green)
  • I lay there hoping it goes away because I'm so exhausted. It really pisses me off that when I do decide to get up and go it's just a dribble. X(
  • I do this amazing roll off the bed that I have discovered. My husband woke up when I was doing it once in a panic because he thought I fell out of bed. Well, to be honest, I sort of did. I just happened to land on my feet, that's all. :)
  • Once it's in my head that I have to pee... there's no way I can go back to sleep.  My poor fur baby's bed is at the foot of our bed so he's constantly stepped on in the mad dash.  Even if I move his bed, he still lays in the same spot :-/
    photo 750f3c1a-2ade-403a-a0f5-dc1db83a8c08_zps3b41b396.jpgphoto 823a6982-64ae-4aeb-8830-c03461e6d517_zps5e065d1f.jpgphoto 53bf98f1-e49e-4c67-acd7-61db3c981d79_zps7cd2176b.jpg
  • PBP2002 said:

I don't even try anymore.  I always end up laying in bed thinking about how I have to pee.  I found I get back to sleep easier if I just get up and go.

This. I don't turn on the lights when I go to avoid waking up more.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've given up on trying to hold it. I'm up every 1.5-2hrs having to pee. :(

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • 230 every morning. As long as I don't turn on any lights, I don't fully wake up.

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I try...for like five minutes but I can never fall back asleep.  I end up going at least four times a night.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sleep now, they say. Ha!

(For those of you who don't have pregnancy induced insomnia, it's probably good advice, but at least a couple nights a week I wake up to pee at 2 or 3am and never fall back asleep. Thanks brain.)
    DS1 12/30/13
    Miscarriage 3/15 at 10 weeks
    BFP 7/23/15 EDD 4/3/16

• AnnikaD20 said:

Sleep now, they say. Ha!

(For those of you who don't have pregnancy induced insomnia, it's probably good advice, but at least a couple nights a week I wake up to pee at 2 or 3am and never fall back asleep. Thanks brain.)

Unfortunately sleep is all I CAN do. I am just so exhausted all. The. Time. I cannot get anything done because I am literally either sleeping or at work. The house has gone to shit, nothing is remotely ready for LO.... I wish I could give some sleep to y'all, I'm so over it.

*end rant*
  • I can usually do the 3 am wait and see but what pisses me off is like this morning where I get to finally sleep in and I've been up since 630 trying to ignore it and go back to sleep. I guess it's preparing me for the weeks to come....
  • Sleep now, they say. Ha!

Exactly. This.
  • I have been waking up every hour or so to pee. Probably cuz he is in position. If I try to hold it, it ends up hurting super bad. I can no longer do the whole holding it anymore.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"