Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

car stroller

looking for a car stroller that is light weight and a good stroller i can use at the mall, grocery, walking, etc.
imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
      BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                       Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: car stroller

• Options
    FmrAFBratFmrAFBrat member
    edited November 2013
    It depends on what you are wanting. If you want a great umbrella I'd recommend the Uppababy G-luxe (I love mine), Joovy Groove Ultralight Umbrella, or the Maclaren Quest.

If you want something a little more upscale and full service look at the Valco Snap. I have the double but the single weighs 2 lbs more than the G-Luxe I own.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    FmrAFBrat said:
    It depends on what you are wanting. If you want a great umbrella I'd recommend the Uppababy G-luxe (I love mine), Joovy Groove Ultralight Umbrella, or the Maclaren Quest. If you want something a little more upscale and full service look at the Valco Snap. I have the double but the single weighs 2 lbs more than the G-Luxe I own.
    i looking more toward city mini type... i was going to get that but curious if there is something better in that category 
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

FmrAFBrat said:

It depends on what you are wanting. If you want a great umbrella I'd recommend the Uppababy G-luxe (I love mine), Joovy Groove Ultralight Umbrella, or the Maclaren Quest.

If you want something a little more upscale and full service look at the Valco Snap. I have the double but the single weighs 2 lbs more than the G-Luxe I own.

i looking more toward city mini type... i was going to get that but curious if there is something better in that category 

That is the Valco Snap. :) It is amazing. I have the double & love it. It has a bigger basket than the city mini and opens and closes without your foot. It also weighs less. & steers better. Check out the Valco Baby website....lots of cool options for it. There is also the Valco Zee if you want a compact fold, it's pricey though.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    FmrAFBrat said:
    FmrAFBrat said:
    It depends on what you are wanting. If you want a great umbrella I'd recommend the Uppababy G-luxe (I love mine), Joovy Groove Ultralight Umbrella, or the Maclaren Quest. If you want something a little more upscale and full service look at the Valco Snap. I have the double but the single weighs 2 lbs more than the G-Luxe I own.
    That is the Valco Snap. :) It is amazing. I have the double & love it. It has a bigger basket than the city mini and opens and closes without your foot. It also weighs less. & steers better. Check out the Valco Baby website....lots of cool options for it. There is also the Valco Zee if you want a compact fold, it's pricey though.
    FmrAFBrat said:
    FmrAFBrat said:
    The Babyhome Emotion is awesome as well and I see deals on them around $175-225.  Super light, so easy to push and the fold is small.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    We love our City Mini!  It is so easy to push, folds with one hand/one motion, fits in the trunk no problem, I totally recommend it.  We also have this Jeep stroller for travel; we use it mainly in the airport so we can gate check it and not worry about it getting destroyed.  It is a good light weight stroller, steers well and also folds with one hand. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    would go with the city mini gt over the regular if you will be doing a lot of walking in the subburbs/neighborhood wgere surfaces are not flat. Also if you want a 4 wheeler, the Snap4 from Valco or Bob's newer stroller (Buy Buy Baby just started carrying it, otherwise REI has it) & the name escapes me at the moment.

I first got the regular city mini, then got the GT because I like the larger tires & type of tire better on the GT over the regular mini, but it is still a pain on curbs because when you bring up the rear wheels, there is only one front wheel. GT handlrs sidewalk bumps better though it is a tad wider & heavier. The wheels are super easy to remove/ put back on though. Both are super easy to fold (need two hands to unfold (& I find that akward to do ... maybe because am short).
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Britax B-agile   So far I really like it. 

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Honestly, I use a cheap 20 dollar umbrella for the car, but if I know I am going to walk far, I put my UBV in the car, and it fits even with the other one that lives in there. I don't see the need (yet) for a spendy second stroller.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    We have a city mini GT and love it, if you don't lock it you can unfold it with one hand.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"