May 2014 Moms
Options

For people who have bought maternity clothes

Rocknroll64Rocknroll64 member
edited November 2013 in May 2014 Moms
So I was in the States over the weekend and I bought soooo many maternity clothes.  I think I went a little crazy but I thought maternity clothes were supposed to be ugly? THEY ARE AWESOME! Especially the pants.  I might start wearing them now.  

How much money do you expect to or have spent on maternity clothes? I'm trying to console myself by saying that this is only my first pregnancy so I will wear them again.  

ETA: I wasn't going to disclose this but I may have spent about 500 bucks.  Eeeek.
TTC Since July 2012
BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                   BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
Amy Elaine Born May 2!

Re: For people who have bought maternity clothes

• Options
    I spent maybe $150....$100 from a lot of amazing cute stuff on Craigslist the rest were just here and there
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    danabsddanabsd member
    edited November 2013
    LOL, the first time over the course of 9 months I spent more than $500. :))

Wha'd you get?  PIP some of your favs!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you got a lot of things you really like and you know you will wear them again 500 is not that bad. Might not want to spend too much more tho! :\">
  • Options
    I'm counting on hand me downs for clothes. As much as I love clothes shopping it just doesn't feel smart for our budget right now. My guess is I will spend up to $100 though for a couple new items
  • Options
    Went to Kohls and Old Navy and Spent $200. I still need a winter coat a maybe three more pairs of pants. I hope to hold out on buying much more till Christmas. I think we all deserve a shopping spree now and then.
  • Options
    danabsd said:
    LOL, the first time over the course of 9 months I spent more than $500. :))

Wha'd you get?  PIP some of your favs!
    I am at work but I will when I get home!!! Also this makes me feel better as I plan on buying no more maternity clothes.
    TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options
    I've spent about $500 this pregnancy because I work in a much more conservative office than I did last pregnancy and flowy type dresses will not fly this time. So I had to buy business clothes - it got expensive fast! I think I am finished though. Maybe will get an extra pair of leggings.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    I only got a few shirts and dresses and am at $200+. No bottoms yet but I'm done until I NEED them. Im still in regular clothes at 12w. Even pants without a belly band.
  • Options
    Um I've spent a lot but I've got a lot too. Mostly Old Navy & Motherhood...I did invest in a pair of Hudson maternity jeans! OMG they are heaven!

- Ashley -

• Options
    I spent a lot on clothes with DS, probably more than $500. I am planning to wear as many of those as I can this time too, although I will have to buy a few things since I had him in the dead of winter and this one is end of May.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    MigggMiggg member
    edited November 2013
    I've probably spent around $600-700 so far, damn you pea in the pod. I plan on wearing these clothes for two more pregnancies though so I should get a lot of use out of them.

ETA: Also, maternity clothes are so cute and comfortable, I may never go back!
  • Options
    So I bought 3 pair of pants for a grand total of $35 ( one pair was at the goodwill for $4) lol I love the goodwill...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    photo 60020120725ELE036.jpgphoto IMG_18642013130584_zps06545ab5.jpg
  • Options
    I bought 7 shirts, 1 pair of jeans, 2 pairs of business pants (1 gray, 1 black), 3 leggings. I then bought two additional tops, and 3 sweaters that I can rotate. I had about 5 shirts that were flowy in the belly area and will last probably another month. I also bought a cape type winter jacket that should last me through our NY winter. I think I've spent $600 including the jacket. I need to get a pair of flat winter boots (my heel type just won't be safe in January-March), so my total spent will probably be about $800, because I'm also going to pick up 2 or 3 more comfortable bras to hopefully get me to delivery and then buy nursing bras when I know what my boobs decide to do when breastfeeding begins.

• Options
    I'm a little over $500 here, but I'm pretty much good for the rest of pregnancy. I may pick up a few things here or a few things there once it gets warmer, but for the most part I'm good. Kohls was where a huge chunk came from, the other big purchase was bras and dresses from Motherhood.

I too am using the excuse that this is my first pregnancy, and I will be able to wear them again.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    $500 is *at least* what I spent on maternity clothes over the course of my last pregnancy. You will definitely wear it all again for subsequent pregnancies as long as you're pregnant again during the same season (which is not how it worked out for me, sadly); but either way, you should be able to re-use the pants!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have spent about $150 so far this pregnancy, and it's only that much because I bought a maternity coat (none of my pre-first-pregnancy coats fit me, so it needed to be done).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    My first pregnancy, I was due in April... so I actually got stuff for Christmas. Not sure how much it all cost, probably $100-$150. I love my maternity wardrobe, but I have added a few items each pregnancy... to keep things fresh. I am all about second hand shops, though.
  • Options
    (Since you're in Canada) Obviously professional clothes are going to cost more, but I've noticed that this time around I'm in a colder place and sweaters are pricier than not quite as cold weather clothes. It's gonna be a long winter, you'll get your $s worth.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My mom gave me a bunch of maternity clothes last pregnancy. Ot was definitely over $500 worth and I still bought some more! Remember you will wear it a couple months or so after birth.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just unpacked a bag of maternity clothes that I wore with my other pregnancies. I probably spent $100-$200 each time on clothes because I was pregnant in different seasons. I will be spending very little this time as this is my last baby. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker 

October 2012: Missed Miscarriage, Baby with no heartbeat, stopped growing after 7 wks 
    November 2012: D&C
  • Options
    I'm dreading buying maternity clothes - for those who have bought them - what are the items I will definitely need? Especially those mamas who work - help! I work in a prosecutor's office so I'm in court every day and need conservative clothes - ideas on maternity blazers, pencil skirts, etc.?

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• Options
    I'm going to try to hold out until after Christmas. I always get gift cards from extended family, so I am hoping to use those. I don't like spending money on clothes in general, so spending it on clothes that I won't use for very long is even worse.

• Options
    What stores were your fav?
    I'm not liking my maternity clothes options here.
  • Options
    ~$500, including a winter coat.
    11/10/10 The Kid
  • Options
    I've already spent about $500 on online shopping, mostly stuff for work (office), a bigger sports bra (btw I highly recommend the new "booby bracer" from lulu lemon) and a winter wool coat. I am sure I will get more but I plan to basically wear dresses all the time as I get bigger. Don't feel bad about spending, I bet you got some great deals!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"