Late Term and Child Loss

Anxiety

So its been 2 1/2 weeks since my baby boy was born sleeping. I had been feeling really well both physically and emotionally (for the most part) up until this past Sunday.

Well I ended up waking up on Sunday morning and I was bleeding...a lot. Needless to say I got very light headed and thought I was going to pass out so DH took me to the ER.

The drs think that my uterus hadnt properly contracted back to normal and I was put on Methyrgin. My bleeding has pretty much stopped now so that is good.

Anyway...ever since that time I feel my anxiety has gone crazy. Every single pain or discomfort that I have I immediately convince myself that I'm dying. It sounds so silly when I think about it rationally but its very hard for me to control it at this time.

Have any of you ladies had a similar experience or have any advice as to how you dealt with anxiety after your loss? I appreciate it!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers'> 

Re: Anxiety

• I am that way also! I kept thinking any pain in my tummy was PID and that I will be come infertile and never have another chance to be an acting parent. Sorry but I have no idea really how to stop that. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I am so sorry. I also experience anxiety and it started after we lost our daughter. I had anxiety attacks over the most crazy things like couldn't sleep because I was afraid someone would come in and kill my dog and husband or someone at work would sue me etc. I realize now that those thoughts were caused because the worst thing happened so why wouldn't it again. My therapist actually told me to try writing down my thoughts as they come to me. I then would read them over and it would help rationalize them to me. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't but it is well worth a try. Even the process of writing them down somehow helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you are dealing with a bleeding scare and anxiety :(
    I've been terrified that my animals (we have 3 indoor cats and 6 backyard chickens) are going to suddenly die. I constantly check that they are breathing even when it's obvious they are just fat and lazy!

I don't have any advice, but just want to send hugs and hope you find some relief soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • ***Ticker warning***

I have anxiety/panic attacks ever since we said goodbye to Elizabeth. It was to the point I couldn't drive, to this day I have driven in 1 month. Every time my chest would tighten I was convince I was going to have a heart attack & die.  I was put on Xanax but I stop taking it because it made me an aggressive person. I have been Xanax free for 1 week now, what helps me with anxiety & depression is going to Zumba class to dance. Everyone was very supportive, I would dance my anxiety away & felt happy again. Everyone is different maybe you can find something you enjoy doing & make time for yourself. I know it's easier said than done. Sending you lots love & hugs. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I can relate, especially to the bleeding.  I bled through most of my pregnancy and loss, and then afterwards.  I am on my second cycle now and I still get nervous when I get any sensation of fluid down there.  I think that the anxiety about those changes are normal and the more in tune you are to your body, the more you feel the magnitue of the those changes. 
    I agree with @jess123456 try writing them down and then even bringing some things up to your doctor.  
    Have you looked at a list of phsycial side effects of grief as well? That might help you identify what is kind of expected and what might be a concern. During my first month I read that list quite often.
    *******************************************************************************************************************
    BFP#1 March24,2011  MC on May 29,2011 BFP#2 Sept,2011 MC Oct 2011 (Molar)
    Started Progestrone Treatment, BFP#3 May 10,2013  PROM/PRL on Sept 7 2013
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers   
    image        Use Ovuline to most accurately track your ovulation
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I'm sorry you had a bleeding scare, glad to hear that it stopped.

You're not alone. I'm paranoid that something will happen to DH and my two fur babies. I wake up multiple times at night and check on them to make sure they're still breathing. Yoga helps ease my mind a little bit and dr allowed me to go back to it after 4 weeks. Maybe it's something you can try when you get the go ahead from the dr.
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• Thanks everyone! I have been trying to get out of the house a little bit more which helps my mind not to wander out of control. I'm also looking forward to begin working out again so hopefully that will ease my anxiety! I appreciate all of your thoughts and suggestions!!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers'> 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"